Gravy's Cooking Thread

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
There's plenty of things I don't like about living in south Florida, but the variety and availability of food and ingredients is among the best things. Coincidentally, the food that is probably the hardest to get good and fresh around here is what you have in abundance in the Midwest!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
When I lived in California I was always unimpressed with the people who only ate things grown within 100 miles. It's California, what are you giving up? Pineapple and bananas? What a hero. If you live in Michigan in the middle of winter and you're still only eating locally grown stuff then I admire your commitment at least.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
MT is a cultural wasteland, but if you like militias and nutjobs it's paradise. Same is true for ID and WY and a lot of the cornbelt states.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Well is Tex-Mex considered Midwestern because of all the corn? I mean piles of corn.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Anyone ever try this? I bet it could be accomplished with a broiler, but this would be cool for a party.

Seems like a lot of work to put cheese on bread
tongue.png

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
My four year old son ate just bacon for breakfast the other day.

This is what happens when dad cooks breakfast.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Home made bread is best bread.

rrr_img_132584.jpg
Dude, i had some bread questions a few weeks ago. (i'm not doing bread atm, since wife and I are on RFL diet) but.
should i do bread on a baking stone and put a pot/dom over it or put the pot (it's porcelin lined) in the oven, put bread in it and cover?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
While my bread doesn't turn out that gorgeous looking, I use the method Zoe whatever made:Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day

Pan of water and a baking stone. Keeps the oven moist and keeps even direct heat.

The "5 minute" part is bullshit, since it's like an hour of prep work once a week, and 20 minutes of prep work every day, and then whatever the cooking time is. On the other hand it's easy.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
We've been cooking ours in a coated dutch oven. The first quarter of cooking time with the lid on.