Gravy's Cooking Thread

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Good Eats is the best! It's definitely one of the reasons I'm into cooking now.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
One trick for pie crusts is to make sure you use chilled water, and substitute some of the chilled water for chilled vodka. The vodka lets you form the crust without aiding in gluten development and the alcohol bakes out.
Damn dats some next level Pillsbury dough boy shit

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I tried really hard to like Brown's show. I find him too goofy to take seriously, and the show has shitty editing. Particularly the sound editor. Whoever that is does a bad job.

I don't doubt that AB is a great cook, I just don't like how he does his shows. Consequently I know very little about him and his abilities. I simply find him unwatchable.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I tried really hard to like Brown's show. I find him too goofy to take seriously, and the show has shitty editing. Particularly the sound editor. Whoever that is does a bad job.

I don't doubt that AB is a great cook, I just don't like how he does his shows. Consequently I know very little about him and his abilities. I simply find him unwatchable.
My wife is the same, can't stand him. I understand, but he usually doesn't bother me too much.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
My neighbor used to be roommates with a guy that married a Vietnamese woman. When those two started dating, she showed the guys how to make delicious Pho.

Now every year my neighbor has a get-together where we all eat pho at their house. A soup party.

This weekend! RSVP and book your flights now!

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
My neighbor used to be roommates with a guy that married a Vietnamese woman. When those two started dating, she showed the guys how to make delicious Pho.

Now every year my neighbor has a get-together where we all eat pho at their house. A soup party.

This weekend! RSVP and book your flights now!
My old college roommate is Vietnamese and while he'd constantly make food for us, it was almost always beef & broccolli + rice. God damn he abused that rice cooker.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Pho is just dirty dishwater with some vegetables and trash meat tossed into it. It became a hipster fad and now people go out of their way to pretend to like it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Pho is just dirty dishwater with some vegetables and trash meat tossed into it. It became a hipster fad and now people go out of their way to pretend to like it.

I mean, ramen is superior in every way when it comes to Asian noodle soups. But this opinion? C'mon.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I mean, ramen is superior in every way when it comes to Asian noodle soups. But this opinion? C'mon.
I challenge this with La Mian noodles, hand drawn wheat noodles is just excellent, how fresh do you need it? you need a chef pounding away (they slap the table) and making you're noodles the minute you order.

Now don't get me wrong, a great Tonkotsu, will be directly on par w/ a good beef La Mian noodle soup.

Here's a Ramsey video

I have a Luzhou joint near me, they're awesome

kudos

<Banned>
The problem with cooking anything Asian is that it takes 1000 fucking things to prep just to cook a dish. I am not a fucking sweat shop worker who can prep every Asian vegetable and spice under the Eastern hemisphere in order to make a dish.