Gravy's Cooking Thread

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It's like comparing Kraft Mac & Cheese to other boxed Mac & Cheese. They are all dirty dishwater, some with noodles, some without.

So you don't like broth? I swear of all the retarded opinions on this board, people go the most full retard about food.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Good broth can make the dish, though.

How the fuck is a Le Creuset dutch oven almost 400 dollars when Lodge's comparable size is 60 dollars. I'm all about "high quality" and paying a premium when it matters, but how much better is one enameled cast iron pot vs another enameled cast iron? That shit cray.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Good broth can make the dish, though.

How the fuck is a Le Creuset dutch oven almost 400 dollars when Lodge's comparable size is 60 dollars. I'm all about "high quality" and paying a premium when it matters, but how much better is one enameled cast iron pot vs another enameled cast iron? That shit cray.
Made in China vs. France.

Lodge cast iron is USA, enamel coated cast iron anything is China.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I think I'm ok with that at a 300+ savings. If I die, then I take that back.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah I have it's way better there, northern Pho is saltier and less vegetables southern Pho more vegetables different tasting structure to the broth. Next time try the bun ba hue

I would kill for some good Pho. I think the Vietnamese restaurant closed because people thought they were Muslim terrorists or something.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I would kill for some good Pho. I think the Vietnamese restaurant closed because people thought they were Muslim terrorists or something.
wow how redneck'y is your neck the of the woods? do ppl strap on confederate flags to their trucks? I really thought that was an urban legend until i vacationed in SCarolina last year.

Every truck Confederate flag... da fuq

radditsu

wow how redneck'y is your neck the of the woods? do ppl strap on confederate flags to their trucks? I really thought that was an urban legend until i vacationed in SCarolina last year.

Every truck Confederate flag... da fuq

It's actually not that bad with the flag waving here. However I did have a friend in school who was black who waved that Confederate Flag everyday. Honestly, there isnt that big of an Asian population here and outside of Chinese Buffets and the ONE Thai place there isnt very much "Asian" cuisine that sticks around.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's actually not that bad with the flag waving here. However I did have a friend in school who was black who waved that Confederate Flag everyday. Honestly, there isnt that big of an Asian population here and outside of Chinese Buffets and the ONE Thai place there isnt very much "Asian" cuisine that sticks around.
Sounds like a shit hole white America any ethnic food will be made to cater to the American tastes and not be good at all if you have ever tasted the authentic version. Why I never go home to Kentucky

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
You never go home because there aren't enough ethnic restaurants? You have to eat some authentic thai food at least every 5 days or something?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I would never go home because it's Kentucky.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You never go home because there aren't enough ethnic restaurants? You have to eat some authentic thai food at least every 5 days or something?
I do, just had Pho last night

Maybe that's cuz i'm Asian.

I still remember the hardships of living in VA and the most asian place we could find in a 20m radius was fucking PF Changs.

I remember sitting down, and the cute white girl waitress asked if she had to explain the sauces to us.

Where's the asian version of this stare?
really-Wakandan-please.jpg

food sucked, Hot n Sour soup was on point tho, so just went to get that for takeout... it was sad times.

radditsu

I do, just had Pho last night

Maybe that's cuz i'm Asian.

I still remember the hardships of living in VA and the most asian place we could find in a 20m radius was fucking PF Changs.

I remember sitting down, and the cute white girl waitress asked if she had to explain the sauces to us.

Where's the asian version of this stare?
View attachment 95086

food sucked, Hot n Sour soup was on point tho, so just went to get that for takeout... it was sad times.

Rigga Rease.

Being said I do try to actually cook this stuff on occasion. I never can find EVERYTHING i need, but the concepts behind it I can get down.
I make a bomb ass Columbian Caldo De Costilla.

• 1Like