Gravy's Cooking Thread

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
You never go home because there aren't enough ethnic restaurants? You have to eat some authentic thai food at least every 5 days or something?
No but I really don't eat American food. I don't care much for Thai food but I do have to have Japanese food often.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Beef shoulder roast. How should that be done?

Slow cooker. Rub the shoulder in salt and pepper. Maybe cumin too. Throw in some potatoes, carrots, onions, and garlic. Add in your favorite stock. Low for 8 hours.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Anyone do home hotpot if so what kind of setup do you use?
Iwatani Corporation of America ZA-3HP Portable Butane Stove Burner
and
Dual Sided Hot Pot With Divider

I prefer gas to electric, i also do not like the idea of a wire running from the table to an extension cord that is heating up a boiling pot, when ppl love to trip on shit.

You want a two sided pot cuz one side for spicy one for regular, and a few skimmers, you should be all set.

One pro tip is to always provide baby bok choy. It really absorbs soup base really well, so when guests use it, it'll taste great.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Trying an altered version of my grandpa's wings tonight as a request from the woman. Going to use a mix of apple and cherry wood instead of hickory. Also just going to use regular salt and pepper instead of Lawry's. And then the best part on top of it.

MO-Millie.jpg

(She's actually a chick!)

My girlfriend helped this lady start her business with a loan and got a free sample. I made some simple chicken breasts with it a few weeks ago and it is absolutely the best BBQ sauce I've ever had.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
View attachment 95179

(She's actually a chick!)

My girlfriend helped this lady start her business with a loan and got a free sample. I made some simple chicken breasts with it a few weeks ago and it is absolutely the best BBQ sauce I've ever had.

After we perfected the barbecue sauce we decided to honor Craig’s Mom and call it Millie’s. Craig would tell stories about her selling barbecue sauce, but he didn’t have the recipe because his Mom had passed and he never asked her for the recipe.
Looks like Millie been not of this world for a while, story doesn't check out

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Slow cooker. Rub the shoulder in salt and pepper. Maybe cumin too. Throw in some potatoes, carrots, onions, and garlic. Add in your favorite stock. Low for 8 hours.

This is correct. You can do it in the oven or even the pressure cooker if time is short but the slow cooker is the best and it's pretty hard to fuck it up if you cook it on low.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Iwatani Corporation of America ZA-3HP Portable Butane Stove Burner
and
Dual Sided Hot Pot With Divider

I prefer gas to electric, i also do not like the idea of a wire running from the table to an extension cord that is heating up a boiling pot, when ppl love to trip on shit.

You want a two sided pot cuz one side for spicy one for regular, and a few skimmers, you should be all set.

One pro tip is to always provide baby bok choy. It really absorbs soup base really well, so when guests use it, it'll taste great.
thanks for pro tip both items ordered.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I just think sous vide wasn't really a thing that was available to home cooks back then.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The best way to convince people to buy a Guy Fieri Sous Vide machine is to push the concept on all your shows. Sous vide beer can chicken is awesome!