Gravy's Cooking Thread

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Made a sous vide brisket. 48 hour cook at 155 degrees and then a 4 hour smoke in the smoker.

Attachments

• 20201215_182711.jpg
    20201215_182711.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 17
  • 20201215_192727.jpg
    20201215_192727.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
  • 3Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 3 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
how thiccccc was it, in lbs?
15lbs, Internal got to 220 when I took it off. They had a sale at Sams club. It was 35 dollars for 15lb prime brisket. I'm going to make pastrami in a couple weeks while I'm off work.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
15lbs, Internal got to 220 when I took it off. They had a sale at Sams club. It was 35 dollars for 15lb prime brisket. I'm going to make pastrami in a couple weeks while I'm off work.
sous vide 48 hours you say... i'll have yum yum by friday!

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
sous vide 48 hours you say... i'll have yum yum by friday!
Yup i think that's the magic time at 155 degrees. I tried one at 24 hours and it was ok but nothing like this one. Make sure to double bag it. I had a small leak in the outer bag which saved the brisket. I did the whole brisket in one bag then cut it in half to fit in my smoker. Leave a tiny more fat then usual on it. I did the flat with salt and pepper then added cayenne pepper on the fatty end with salt and pepper. I had to let it cool for about an hour before I could cut it into strips. It was falling apart just taking it out of the bag so be careful.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Yup i think that's the magic time at 155 degrees. I tried one at 24 hours and it was ok but nothing like this one. Make sure to double bag it. I had a small leak in the outer bag which saved the brisket. I did the whole brisket in one bag then cut it in half to fit in my smoker. Leave a tiny more fat then usual on it. I did the flat with salt and pepper then added cayenne pepper on the fatty end with salt and pepper. I had to let it cool for about an hour before I could cut it into strips. It was falling apart just taking it out of the bag so be careful.

I tried this once, I didn't double bag. Fucking ended up with boiled brisket, vomit.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Meatball stroganoff tonight.

View attachment 325582
What's the recipe? I'm all about trying to make a good version (mainly the sauce).

Wife and I got my father-in-law a pasta maker last year for Christmas, and the entire family had a ton of fun making pasta. This year we were going to be apart, so the wife and I bought a pasta maker. We've now got a new tradition of fresh pasta for dinner on Xmas, which is pretty neat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
What's the recipe? I'm all about trying to make a good version (mainly the sauce).

Wife and I got my father-in-law a pasta maker last year for Christmas, and the entire family had a ton of fun making pasta. This year we were going to be apart, so the wife and I bought a pasta maker. We've now got a new tradition of fresh pasta for dinner on Xmas, which is pretty neat.

We make pasta as a family a couple times a month. It's a great time. It ranges from gnocchi to ravioli to linguini. Get the family involved in making it, they all enjoy eating it a little more when they've been involved in making it, too. Plus fresh pasta is awesome. And that's a great Xmas tradition.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users