Gravy's Cooking Thread

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I'm thinking of buying a friend something like an Anova for sous vide. Is there any consensus on what brand/model is best?

Anova seems pretty solid by everyone's reports here. Haven't heard as many consistent reviews of any other brand.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Sous Vide not worth it to me. I am too simple of a man. Grills, fire, and pans kthx.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I thought Sous Vide would free up time for me but instead it created another schedule to follow.

• 2Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Sous Vide not worth it to me. I am too simple of a man. Grills, fire, and pans kthx.
I'm the same way. I'm sure it's fantastic and all, but it's definitely not me.

But my friend might really enjoy it. I'll have to see.

My other idea was to get him a large-ish cast iron pan so that he can make his own deep-dish pizza at home.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

My other idea was to get him a large-ish cast iron pan so that he can make his own deep-dish pizza at home.
i cant amy poehler GIF by Sisters

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I just have an irrational hatred of deep dish pizza.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 2 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I just have an irrational hatred of deep dish pizza.
You mean the Chicago Casserole?

The friend in question used to live in Chicago, and there's nothing so enjoyable as trolling him over this or that Chicago food convention. So for him some sort of deep pan for pizza would be a good gift.

Ketchup on a Chicago dog is another tried and true favorite.

1607444610087.png

• 2Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Sous vide is something that you're either going to use and enjoy, or it will just sit in your kitchen cabinet taking up space. I use mine about once a month, probably more. I like it because it allows me to start something early and finish it later in less time. And it always comes out exactly the same.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Indignant New York snobs are entitled to their opinion but Chicago pizza is delicious.

• 1Solidarity

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Indignant New York snobs are entitled to their opinion but Chicago pizza is delicious.
Chicago 'Pizza' is delicious, so is New York. People quibble on the definition of Pizza.

I want a Pizza Alignment chart that has Chicago style pizza in the Chaotic Neutral area.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>

I vote a good cast iron pan...and the ingredients for the Chicago deep dish pie. :)
The cast iron is so versatile, tried and true and lasts forever.

• 2Like