Gravy's Cooking Thread

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Pasta la vista / chef :: pasta :: art (beautiful pictures) :: geek / funny  pictures & best jokes: comics, images, video, humor, gif animation - i lol'd

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You're playing with powers you couldn't possibly comprehend!
Soygen Soygen is so white he doesn't even know edamame is just immature soybeans, cuz japs feel bad about harvesting young soy, just like how americans say theyre eating veal and not saying "yum, we having young cow tonight"

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
You're playing with powers you couldn't possibly comprehend!

HAHAHAHAHA

I can't stop laughing at this one...WTF....why?

• 1Double Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Soygen Soygen is so white he doesn't even know edamame is just immature soybeans, cuz japs feel bad about harvesting young soy, just like how americans say theyre eating veal and not saying "yum, we having young cow tonight"
Confused Nod GIFs | Tenor

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It's kind of like BBQ chicken pizza. Sure eat it, just don't call it pizza.

• 3Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Learned how calzones were invented. Pizza wouldn't release from the peel so my only option was to fold it over. A calzone is gonna mess up the timing for the next pizza, but desperate times.

Shoulda got one of the pizza peels with the fabric conveyor belt as they seem to be more foolproof. Might try to make one with a thin kitchen towel. Can't be worse than the time I made a peel out of cardboard and parchment paper, which worked fine except for some of the packing tape on the bottom touching and melting.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL you faggots and your purist bullshit. I make lasagna with all kinds of shit. Usually with tomato based sauces and cheese but all kinds of shit gets put in there when I feel like it. My fams favorite is slices of polish smoked kielbasa for some layers, what can I say Im a Polock. Last time I made it, big ole turkey roast pan of the shit it was gone within a few days. I have also made them with a layer of spinach artichoke dip instead of the dumb tasteless shit for texture ricotta layer. I mean WTF peeps? Thats the beauty of cooking your shit in the first place, experiment with some shit. And yeah the above lasagnas do look tasty as fuck.

And BBQ and chicken not being a pizza? Then WTF is it? Who the fuck said pizza has to have tomato sauce and pepperoni? Some american italian inventor?

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
LOL you faggots and your purist bullshit. I make lasagna with all kinds of shit. Usually with tomato based sauces and cheese but all kinds of shit gets put in there when I feel like it. My fams favorite is slices of polish smoked kielbasa for some layers, what can I say Im a Polock. Last time I made it, big ole turkey roast pan of the shit it was gone within a few days. I have also made them with a layer of spinach artichoke dip instead of the dumb tasteless shit for texture ricotta layer. I mean WTF peeps? Thats the beauty of cooking your shit in the first place, experiment with some shit. And yeah the above lasagnas do look tasty as fuck.

And BBQ and chicken not being a pizza? Then WTF is it? Who the fuck said pizza has to have tomato sauce and pepperoni? Some american italian inventor?
If you're just gonna call anything with noodles lasagna and anything on a flat crust pizza, why even use words at all? Just call it all nom nom or something, since you're already loosening the definitions until they loose all value.

The line of thought youre promoting leads inevitably to breaded boneless spicy chicken meat dipped in ranch dressing being called "Buffalo Wings". I'm sorry to be so offensive here but its important to call your friends out when you see them heading down the wrong path.

Its not too late to stop now.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If you're just gonna call anything with noodles lasagna and anything on a flat crust pizza, why even use words at all? Just call it all nom nom or something, since you're already loosening the definitions until they loose all value.

The line of thought youre promoting leads inevitably to breaded boneless spicy chicken meat dipped in ranch dressing being called "Buffalo Wings". I'm sorry to be so offensive here but its important to call your friends out when you see them heading down the wrong path.

Its not too late to stop now.
No you fucking numb nut, Lasagna IS a fucking noodle. And when you layer the shit it becomes Lasagna the dish. No matter what you layer the shit with its still Lasagna, because its still Lasagna noodles. Same shit with pizza. You make pizza dough and put a sauce on it, other shit you like, maybe some cheese and bake it. Just because you dont like BBQ and chicken pizza, or the steak and cheese, or the cheesburger or any of the other specialty pizzas does not mean its not fucking pizza. BTW its Called BBQ and Chicken Pizza, among others like Pepperoni Pizza, or Sausage Pizza. Or Cheese Pizza or Supreme Pizza so low IQ fucks like you dont get too confused. ITs not JUST called "Pizza". Shit you can even build your own with whatever the fuck you like. Youd dont call up a place and say I want Pizza, you call them and tell them specifically WHAT type or what you want on it. Im betting its the first question they ask.

But I do agree with you on the boneless chicken wings. They are no more than fucking nuggets at that point.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Salty

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Lasagna noodles are only one ingredient in lasagna. If you went to a restaurant and ordered lasagna and they brought you boiled lasagna noodles with butter on them would you be happy? Nothing wrong with inventing a new dish with lasagna noodles in it, but that doesn't mean it's lasagna.

If you went to a Japanese restaurant and ordered ramen and they brought this....

Oriental-Asian-Ramen-Noodle-Salad-Coleslaw.jpg

Would you be satisfied? Why not? It's got ramen noodles in it.

Last edited:
  • 1Slow

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
No you fucking numb nut, Lasagna IS a fucking noodle. And when you layer the shit it becomes Lasagna the dish. No matter what you layer the shit with its still Lasagna, because its still Lasagna noodles. Same shit with pizza. You make pizza dough and put a sauce on it, other shit you like, maybe some cheese and bake it. Just because you dont like BBQ and chicken pizza, or the steak and cheese, or the cheesburger or any of the other specialty pizzas does not mean its not fucking pizza. BTW its Called BBQ and Chicken Pizza, among others like Pepperoni Pizza, or Sausage Pizza. Or Cheese Pizza or Supreme Pizza so low IQ fucks like you dont get too confused. ITs not JUST called "Pizza". Shit you can even build your own with whatever the fuck you like. Youd dont call up a place and say I want Pizza, you call them and tell them specifically WHAT type or what you want on it. Im betting its the first question they ask.

But I do agree with you on the boneless chicken wings. They are no more than fucking nuggets at that point.
I don't know whats so difficult to understand. Its like you're arguing against the entire concept of a recipe or a dish.

"Anything can be a pizza as long as its got a flat crust!!" I try to parody your position and I can't because its already at the farthest extreme.

It also sounds like you missed the whole point of calling out breaded boneless chicken with ranch dressing as buffalo wings. Hint, the boneless part was the least offensive part of the whole description.

Dishes have a narrow range of variation they can occupy and still be the same dish. Once theyre different enough, they're a different dish. Still a perfectly fine noodle casserole but no longer a lasagna.

Kinda like that Italian themed casserole they serve in Chicago under a terribly misleading name

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You guys are going off the rails on both sides of the arguement. There's a certain "spirit" to a dish that helps dictates what it is. Lasagna can have or not have meat, various ratios of mozzarella/ricotta, etc. Putting Spaghetti and ham in a rectangular pan layered like lasagna is really starting to stretch the definition of lasagna. At that point you're just blatantly misleading someone if you tell them you're bringing lasagna and show up with that shit. Just call it a new dish or a casserole and move on.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
You guys are going off the rails on both sides of the arguement. There's a certain "spirit" to a dish that helps dictates what it is. Lasagna can have or not have meat, various ratios of mozzarella/ricotta, etc. Putting Spaghetti and ham in a rectangular pan layered like lasagna is really starting to stretch the definition of lasagna. At that point you're just blatantly misleading someone if you tell them you're bringing lasagna and show up with that shit. Just call it a new dish or a casserole and move on.

I agree. Everyone knows lasagna means lasagna noodles, tomato sauce, and cheese. I have a friend who makes seafood lasagna with lasagna noodles, alfredo, and shrimp/scallops/crab, etc. It's delicious, but it's not lasagna.

• 1Like