Gravy's Cooking Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
need to make room for turkey!

double ribs
1114221153_HDR.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
if i were to do an alternative bird, it'd be peking duck
That's what we do for duck, just with more Western/ French flavors. I've got one sitting in the freezer right now which I think will end up doing next week. I'll do the Peking duck dry out method, blow the skin off the carcass with an air compressor type shit, bathe in an aromatic liquid, air dry for a few days, etc. We normally do it in one of those Big easy fryers, and I'll shove a beer can up its ass. They always turn out super crispy but also super juicy.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
That's what we do for duck, just with more Western/ French flavors. I've got one sitting in the freezer right now which I think will end up doing next week. I'll do the Peking duck dry out method, blow the skin off the carcass with an air compressor type shit, bathe in an aromatic liquid, air dry for a few days, etc. We normally do it in one of those Big easy fryers, and I'll shove a beer can up its ass. They always turn out super crispy but also super juicy.
having taking inspiration for this i bought a vertical charcoal smoker cuz all the vids i see are just ducks cooked hanging!

also this pressure cooker didn't even last 2 months,

well rather the fan doesn't turn, top heating element works but no fan, so air frying is dead
d037af268b42611244d0c195a5a710ef.png

was able to get amazon to take it back past the 30day by saying this thing so dangerous almost burned down my house cuz fan broke.

whelp time to whip out old faithful instapot again

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
having taking inspiration for this i bought a vertical charcoal smoker cuz all the vids i see are just ducks cooked hanging!

also this pressure cooker didn't even last 2 months,

well rather the fan doesn't turn, top heating element works but no fan, so air frying is dead
d037af268b42611244d0c195a5a710ef.png

was able to get amazon to take it back past the 30day by saying this thing so dangerous almost burned down my house cuz fan broke.

whelp time to whip out old faithful instapot again
ninja themselves didn't have a 6m or 1yr standard warranty like... is pretty much standard on all things?

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
ninja themselves didn't have a 6m or 1yr standard warranty like... is pretty much standard on all things?
i never go to the manfacturer for support, always amazon, cuz amazon is better than the manufacturer for support/returns anyway, i just need to be on a quick 5minute chat w/ some offshored indian pajeet and they approve of the returns pretty easily

i mean what would ninja have done? made me pay for shipping only to get a refurb?

while amazon gives me a shipping label and refund (i do have to ship it out today tho, lulz)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
amazon support & refunds are amazing. It must be a huge cost on their balance sheet but I have to admit it makes me a lot more likely to buy from Amazon than anyone else selling the item. Its like ok I can choose between free shipping and absolutely guaranteed no hassle refunds just cause I ask for it. Or... the unknown, of some smaller company's policy.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I will absolutely wait for something to be on amazon even if it might be a few bucks cheaper elsewhere just for the free shipping and customer service. Only had a couple incorrect/broken items in the past 15 years, and every time they replaced it immediately.

.... pn a related tangent, I just ordered a new leather jacket since my old one is starting to wear out. Thought I had only had it a couple years, turns out I got it 13 years ago. Will miss that fucker.

Soygen Soygen Share your colonizer cornbread recipe with us!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I will absolutely wait for something to be on amazon even if it might be a few bucks cheaper elsewhere just for the free shipping and customer service. Only had a couple incorrect/broken items in the past 15 years, and every time they replaced it immediately.

.... pn a related tangent, I just ordered a new leather jacket since my old one is starting to wear out. Thought I had only had it a couple years, turns out I got it 13 years ago. Will miss that fucker.

Soygen Soygen Share your colonizer cornbread recipe with us!

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
amazon support & refunds are amazing. It must be a huge cost on their balance sheet but I have to admit it makes me a lot more likely to buy from Amazon than anyone else selling the item. Its like ok I can choose between free shipping and absolutely guaranteed no hassle refunds just cause I ask for it. Or... the unknown, of some smaller company's policy.
1 time i returned a motion sensing led bulb (this was the entryway light) after a year and they still took it back (cuz it died)

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
1668800498539.png
I didn't even notice the cottage cheese!
1668800502324.png

Honestly, it looks good! I love corn bread.

• 2Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I have a bunch of relatives in town this year and they want to tour a bunch of BBQ places. Because of this Brisket overload I wont be making brisket for Thanksgiving.

Instead I'll be smoking a turkey at their request. Going the spatchcock route this time though so we will see how it turns out!

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone ever dry-brined a Butterball before? Do you put less salt in the herb mix, or just the same as usual?