Gravy's Cooking Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The problem I have with my current one is that it has a detachable blending cup as well as a lid that you press down to activate it, but this leaves a significant gap between the lid and the top of the cup for shit to slip outside the cup and some of it actually gets all the way underneath the cup and it's such a colossal pain the get that clean. So I'm mostly just looking for someone to say 'X version has a design that isnt a huge pain in the ass to clean'.
i looked at amazon, this one seems pretty good, looks like it's used in asia europe as the cheap coffee grinder, but it's only 2 piece
optimize

Coffee Espresso Grinder Electric, Food Grade Stainless Steel Blades

8bucks is pretty good

but capacity is small, which is bad, not like ppl use more than 2tsp for spices really, just shake it up as it blends.

me personally, i'd get this one, just cuz of proctor silex
63085666b1861b6d6e96dab4fffbb232.png

Proctor Silex Electric Coffee Grinder for Beans, Spices and More, Stainless Steel Blades, 12 Cups, Brown

looks like the upgrade to my 25year old grinder, but you can use a hex to take off the blade, maybe? not bad

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have one. I started looking at cast iron spice grinders today (basically a different mortar and pestle where the pestle is a second cast iron bowl that fits inside the first bowl) but they start out at double the cost of a basic electric grinder and get more expensive from there. For a simple pair of fucking cast iron bowls.

A strong illustration of what cheap trash most appliances really are.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Carefully preparing homemade food for an animal that eagerly eats any literal feces that it finds... thats next level.

I'm not even making fun of you. Theres something special about that. Caring so much for a pet even though the object of your affection doesnt give a shit and would be just as happy licking up some vomit and garbage.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Why would you tattoo a dog to show it's neutered? I haven't had a biology class since high school but I can tell if a dog has balls or not.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Why would you tattoo a dog to show it's neutered? I haven't had a biology class since high school but I can tell if a dog has balls or not.

There is a fake dog testicles fad/industry so not always easy to tell anymore?

• 2Worf
  • 2Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
There is a fake dog testicles fad/industry so not always easy to tell anymore?

Ronald Mcdonald Clown GIF

Fucking hell.....

• 2Worf
  • 2Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ya'll shocked that there is a subset of the population that would put fake balls on a dog?

1702830617170.jpeg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Ya'll shocked that there is a subset of the population that would put fake balls on a dog?

View attachment 504573
Not shocked, but everyday I just want to watch the world burn a bit more...

I do applaud the guy who started that business that popsicledeath popsicledeath posted. Who the thought you could make a ton of money selling fake balls to people for whatever reason. That's some real outside of the box thinking and I guess a fool and their money is soon parted. I'm just not wired that way to come up with something so asinine. My brain just doesn't allow me to think hey let me take this retarded idea and run with it and make a business doing something so weird or stupid, but it is pretty commendable.

Think I'm just getting old.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The interesting thing is I heard about the fake dog balls from liberals. Some kind of fur baby self esteem thing...

Anyhow, I bought a pizza steel with the intention it would slide into the bottom rack position to act as it's own rack. After much very awkward measuring and estimating it's barely too short and falls out. And the metal is hella scratchy and will scrape up the oven sides.

Need something to wrap the end to make it a bit bulkier and less scratchy that is High temp, food safe. High temp tape? RTV gasket stuff? Grill stripping/seal? Anyone have any good ideas they'd feel comfortable with in the oven?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
The interesting thing is I heard about the fake dog balls from liberals. Some kind of fur baby self esteem thing...

Anyhow, I bought a pizza steel with the intention it would slide into the bottom rack position to act as it's own rack. After much very awkward measuring and estimating it's barely too short and falls out. And the metal is hella scratchy and will scrape up the oven sides.

Need something to wrap the end to make it a bit bulkier and less scratchy that is High temp, food safe. High temp tape? RTV gasket stuff? Grill stripping/seal? Anyone have any good ideas they'd feel comfortable with in the oven?
Maybe?

• 3Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, was going to say silicone is your best bet for food safe + high heat

• 2Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Those oven rack protectors look a bit too bulky, but my girlfriend burns herself on the oven rack a lot so might get some to try knowing they'd go to use.

Made me think trim, though, so thanks because I found a company that does silicone trim pieces that might work. Temp safe to 450 degrees. Oven goes to 500 and the idea of a baking steel is to have it as hot as possible. But what's the worst that could happen.

Probably shouldn't have been so clever trying to get a perfectly fitting baking steel and just gotten the smaller one that would sit comfortably on a rack. Wanted it as big as possible though.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
so THATS why they season everything with soap, to wash off all the sand they cook with! It's all making sense now

• 3Worf
  • 1Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
so THATS why they season everything with soap, to wash off all the sand they cook with! It's all making sense now
Nice reach but I dont think sand helps with that.

Frankly, a tiny a mount of sand in your diet might do some good clear out some sludge or something, but yeah, pass on chewing on whatever and getting some grit.