Did this recipe not long ago

Turned out so good
Screenshot_20240402_075811_Instagram.jpg

• 5Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 5 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I know curry came up a couple of days ago from some of you guys. This British restaurant channel I've been watching recently just posted what looks to be a great recipe. Been all honesty most of the recipes are pretty fantastic. Play a lot of flavor profiles and use a really good balance of ingredients for their dishes, and I almost feel that if I had a restaurant I would be doing the same thing. It's all shit that I use for most of my cooking.

They've got a bunch of helpful short videos for sauces and things like quick breakfast meals, too. Guys are no bullshit like most channels, just professional cooking, and think that's why I'm enjoying their vids so much.

Anyways, probably going to make this soon.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I know curry came up a couple of days ago from some of you guys. This British restaurant channel I've been watching recently just posted what looks to be a great recipe. Been all honesty most of the recipes are pretty fantastic. Play a lot of flavor profiles and use a really good balance of ingredients for their dishes, and I almost feel that if I had a restaurant I would be doing the same thing. It's all shit that I use for most of my cooking.

They've got a bunch of helpful short videos for sauces and things like quick breakfast meals, too. Guys are no bullshit like most channels, just professional cooking, and think that's why I'm enjoying their vids so much.

Anyways, probably going to make this soon.

all this curry talk and a fucking tornado warning has put off my brisket and ribs, and i'll be doing jap curry tonight

• 2Worf

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
all this curry talk and a fucking tornado warning has put off my brisket and ribs, and i'll be doing jap curry tonight
What does that entail? I know it's thing, but just don't really know much about it and have never made it before. Just different spices and flavor profile compared to Indian?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
What does that entail? I know it's thing, but just don't really know much about it and have never made it before. Just different spices and flavor profile compared to Indian?
i just use a curry packet

i tested all the store brands and i have a favorite
443937eb94f6a7818f520b23059af920.png

it's actually priced really well if you buy it in bulk
House Foods Java Curry Hot, 6.52 Ounce (Pack of 10)

but thats only if you know you like it, you can also goto your asian grocer and check out the curry roux asile
kareraisu_roux.jpg

1cookbook has a nice breakdown

but for me i found after experimentation, i just use my new tagine, sear chicken thighs (i don't cut it up, b/c it'll be fall off the bone tender anyway) then sautee some garlic and onions then just plop down potatoes, carrots and the curry roux and cook on low for a few hours.

i pair it with a pork katsu and white rice.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

but thats only if you know you like it, you can also goto your asian grocer and check out the curry roux asile
kareraisu_roux.jpg

but for me i found after experimentation, i just use my new tagine, sear chicken thighs (i don't cut it up, b/c it'll be fall off the bone tender anyway) then sautee some garlic and onions then just plop down potatoes, carrots and the curry roux and cook on low for a few hours.

Thanks.

Bet some ginger and some cilantro would be good with it. I'll have to order some so I can see what the flavor difference is. Sounds like a nice easy one pot meal, especially to use up veggies and stuff you have floating around.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Thanks.

Bet some ginger and some cilantro would be good with it. I'll have to order some so I can see what the flavor difference is. Sounds like a nice easy one pot meal, especially to use up veggies and stuff you have floating around.
i would recommend a crockpot or dutch oven, i really did not like the results w/ the instantpot

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

kareraisu_roux.jpg

We do it similarly but typically the lazy way. Sauté some onions, brown protein of choice, get the curry going per directions, add onion/protein/frozen mixed veggies, simmer for 15ish minutes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

kareraisu_roux.jpg

Only 900mg of sodium? No way that's authentic Japanese unless you're supposed to use 4-5 packets at a time.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
People always make this joke but it never does that to me. Maybe my system is used to spice and heat. Maybe if the curry uses a lot of heavy cream it can affect you?

Smashburger tonight. First time making them. I'll make burgers this way almost every time at home now.

View attachment 522472
I know it should be simple but a walk thru of how you did yours? I'm never happy with mine but I don't have a real grill though I need to try working with the ninja kinda George foreman thing my wife got some more