Gravy's Cooking Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My girlfriend cooked for me last night. She made chicken parm which she said was her specialty.

She egg washed and breaded them but then just put them down in a pyrex baking dish, put sauce on top, then the cheese on top of that and threw it all into the oven. No frying the breast first and waiting til they were closer to done to put the cheese on.

Somehow it was still okay but goddamn it nearly gave the Italian side of me PTSD watching her make it and if that's her specialty it's pretty clear I'll be doing most of the cooking.
That's the most disgusting thing I've ever read

I'm italian

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I feel like Noodle is either lying about his heritage, or he's the worst Italian ever. What self respecting paizon calls it anything but pasta? He should be Pasta face. Or Joey Mozzarella Toes or something.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
So I was just camping, and I got me a JetBoil system. If you camp, this is the way to go. A litre and a half of water boiling in about 90 seconds. It isn't gormet, but it makes a lot of things possible. We made omelets in a bag for 11 people this morning in under a half hour.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I have a jetboil for when I am out motorcycle camping, definitely worth it, but i'll only bring it along if space is a factor.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I feel like Noodle is either lying about his heritage, or he's the worst Italian ever. What self respecting paizon calls it anything but pasta? He should be Pasta face. Or Joey Mozzarella Toes or something.
Oh i thought he called himself Noodle, cuz he was asian and liked Ramen, damn am i the only slanty eye up in these parts?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Made brussel sprouts for the first time ever, first time I have eaten them since I was int he navy like a decade ago. Cooked them up in bacon fat and butter with some garlic. Very nice. I think next time I will try to roast them.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Made brussel sprouts for the first time ever, first time I have eaten them since I was int he navy like a decade ago. Cooked them up in bacon fat and butter with some garlic. Very nice. I think next time I will try to roast them.
yea usually i just half them (i like the halved side to face up, less contact w/ pan) toss in a bit of oil/s/p, 15mins can get a nice crisp.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Another way to roast them is to get a little bit of oil/salt/pepper/garlic(powder works better, minced tends to sear a bit much) and toss your sprouts in it, then throw them on a cookie sheet with some tin foil for 20 minutes at 325. They come out pretty stellar. One tip though: if you do it this way, you gotta make sure that the stem area is trimmed right or you end up with a fairly hard piece of non-enjoyment when you pop one in your mouth.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
drizzle some honey over them and some bacon before roasting in the oven! Definitely my favorite brussels sprouts preparation.

Neph_sl

shitlord
I like to roast my brussels sprouts at 475, gives them a nice caramelization. Bacon is always good, as is garlic.

I recently found out that shallot works really well too and gets a nice flavor when caramelized. Preheat the oven with the sheet pan inside (improves caramelization), and toss your brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Once preheated, I try to keep all the cut sides of the sprouts touching the metal sheet pan and then top with sliced shallot, trying to not let the shallot touch the pan bc it burns easier at the higher temps.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Went crabbing for the first time this season. Ended up with 15 fresh dungeness crab to cook up. King crab gets all the glory but for my money you cannot beat a fresh dungeness crab.

rrr_img_137074.jpg

Kinner

Clear eyes. Full Hearts. Can't lose.
This is a stupid question.

What's the best way to make uniform burgers that don't turn into fat round small things when cooked? I've done it a few times but not with consistency. Is there a good method?

Also how can I step up my burger game on the 4th?not looking to stuff anything, maybe a special seasoning that will make people think I'm the fucking man. I tried barbecue sauce before and I fucked it up and put too much and they fell apart. I am a noob at burger creating.
I use a burger press with the papers and let them setup overnight. When mixing my seasoning in, I add some worchestershire sauce and they turn out good. I never have to use a binder with this method, just don't overwork your meat when mixing and do it when the meat is super cold. Try smoking your burgers next time, that shit is the bomb. I also melt my cheese on the burgers on the smoker for that tasty goodness.

Loyang_sl

shitlord
My smoker cant come soon enough. Bought it last week but they didnt have it in stock. It should arrive wednesday at the latest. Still havent made my mind on what I'll first cook on it.

Kinner

Clear eyes. Full Hearts. Can't lose.
My smoker cant come soon enough. Bought it last week but they didnt have it in stock. It should arrive wednesday at the latest. Still havent made my mind on what I'll first cook on it.
Anything but fish. When I seasoned my smokers, I bought some cheap ass pork neck and some other stuff and smoked it for the extra fat and flavoring. I am not for sure on a Traeger, but make sure and read the manual if you have to burn anything off.