Gravy's Cooking Thread

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Speaking of Indian, here is myButter Chickenrecipe...

4-5 deboned chicken thighs cut into strips/cubes, marinated in chili garlic paste, chili powder, coriander powder for 2 hrs to overnight.
2 tbls ginger garlic paste. (Food process, same amount garlic, peeled ginger, salt)
1/2 tsp black cumin seeds
1 heaping tsp coriander powder
1 heaping tsp chili powder
1 lg onion
4 med tomatoe
3 green hot chili diced
1/4 cup dry fenugreek leaves (crushed in hand) You can find this online or india store. This is really what gives the dish the "curry" and unique flavor.
1/4 cup cashew nuts
1 tsp ground masala
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup cream
brown sugar to taste
salt to taste
1/4 cup ketchup
3 cups of chicken stock or water

Add oil to large skillet and brown the chicken, then set aside. Add a bit more oil and add the cumin seed until it sizzles, add chili garlic paste and saute for a couple of min. Add onions, add chili powder, coriander powder, diced chilis and saute until onions are translucent. Add tomato, fenugreek leaves, cashew nuts and saute for min or two and add chicken stock or water. cover and cook for 15 min.

Take this mixture and blend it thoroughly. Careful blending hot stuff.

In same saute pan render the butter. Add the blended gravy to it. Then add seasonings to taste. Brown Sugar, salt, garam masala powder and ketchup. (Yes some Indian chefs in the states use ketchup to add a sweet tang to butter chicken). Adjust consistency with water if needed. Then when satisfied with flavor,consistency, add cream and whisk in. Then add back chicken and cook through. You can add red food coloring to make it the authentic red color.

rrr_img_16351.jpg
I have an Indian grocery near me, and I have all the ingredients to try this tonight. Will report back - it sounds delicious.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
You realize lawry's is basically just a simple bunch of ingredients, and has most of the same stuff the sriracha salt has, minus the awesome sriracha?

The only thing it is missing is turmeric, onion and sugar, which can get fucked anyways. Also, would not put lawry's on eggs, but would definitely put this salt on it.

Sriracha is obviously superior.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Oreo cheese cake, come at me.

So whipping up whipcream by hand is like the ultimate jack off exercise. Ended up making it a just a chocolate cheesecake with oreo crust as I ate too many oreos before I made it;

rrr_img_16835.jpg
rrr_img_16836.jpg
rrr_img_16837.jpg

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Oreo cheese cake, come at me.

So whipping up whipcream by hand is like the ultimate jack off exercise. Ended up making it a just a chocolate cheesecake with oreo crust as I ate too many oreos before I made it;

rrr_img_16835.jpg
rrr_img_16836.jpg
rrr_img_16837.jpg
Nicely done! I find that whipping cream by hand always gives the best results, for some reason.

And it has nothing, whatsoever, to do with the fact that I'm a professional masturbater.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I might try to make that. I was looking for some kind of Indian food to introduce my wife and kids too that wouldn't be too exotic for them.

I made a nice korean style grilled pork tenderloin this weekend. It was really good. The marinade was:

1/3 cup hoisin sauce
1/4 cup soy
shitload of fresh garlic
a few grinds of pepper
a little (maybe 1/4 tsp) cracked red pepper

Shit was really good. Then on the advice of some website I tried to boil down the excess marinade into a sauce. The sauce was horribad. Just shockingly awful. But oh well, the pork was good without it.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I might try to make that. I was looking for some kind of Indian food to introduce my wife and kids too that wouldn't be too exotic for them.

I made a nice korean style grilled pork tenderloin this weekend. It was really good. The marinade was:

1/3 cup hoisin sauce
1/4 cup soy
shitload of fresh garlic
a few grinds of pepper

Shit was really good. Then on the advice of some website I tried to boil down the excess marinade into a sauce. The sauce was horribad. Just shockingly awful. But oh well, the pork was good without it.
Tomorrow night, I'ma try this. Simple recipe, I like that. With what did you serve it?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I did a cole slaw and some steamed rice. Pretty simple meal. The slaw was basically Alton Brown's cole slaw with no yogurt and instead some soy sauce and rice vinegar.

Troll_sl

shitlord
I'm hooked on baking pork chops. They just come out so awesome.

4 bone-in porkchops
3 tbsp butter
1 yellow onion, diced
3 medium carrots, chopped
2 stalks of celery, chopped
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup white wine or cooking sherry
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp coriander
coarse sea salt
pepper

Start off with salting and pepper your chops. In a skillet, add the butter, melt. Add the chops and brown both sides. Set aside in an oven-safe dish. In the skillet, add the onions, thyme and coriander. Let the onions cook until translucent and brown. In the meantime, add the celery and carrot to the pork chop dish. When the onions are done, add them to the chops. Spread the mushroom soup over everything. Cover dish and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord

1/3 cup hoisin sauce
1/4 cup soy
shitload of fresh garlic
a few grinds of pepper

Samosas are probably the best to try - if you eat mexican food they should be familiar with cumin, and those things are fairly close. Also they have relatively normal ingredients, so won't be too far fetched.

I love them - I don't like frozen food but trader joe's has their own version that you put into "crisper" sleeves in the microwave and they are pretty god damn good.

lindz

#DDs
Someone needs to come to my house and spend a day teaching my husband how to cook.

I'm so jealous of all these men here that cook for their wives!

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
Someone needs to come to my house and spend a day teaching my husband how to cook.

I'm so jealous of all these men here that cook for their wives!
In all my relationships I have always been the cook. Most couldn't even boil water or if they tried the house caught on fire. Quite sad really.