Greedfall -- Colonizers vs Magic Injuns

Qhue

Trump's Staff

Now I love me some alternate history stuff. I'm all for the Dreadlands, Crimson Skies, Earthdawn, Temeraire, FrostPunk, Scythe, etc. and so something of this nature is instantly compelling for me. That having been said I can't help but feel this is going to be writ large as 'evil white men doing white man things until stopped by heroic natives'

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
sigh....

what a useless video. Doesn't even begin to tell you what kind of game it is. That e3 trailer. I had no idea if this was an rpg, civ game, rts, action rpg, etc. no idea..

this interview is more helpful.

RPG. not class based. not sure if first person or 3rd person. Also not clear how much character creation there is.
Companions.
Multiple endings. not good/bad endings.

Semi open world. camps, with fast travel.
Focus on narrative, and diplomacy.

Seems like the Witcher.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've read this game has a very Dragon Age feel and after watching the videos I can see the similarities. It looks interesting enough that I'll probably give it a shot.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
The only thing that bothers me in that last video is how the cloak/back animates. Other than that, looks and sounds really cool.

Molten Core Raider
That trailer looks so good. I was really hoping to see some reviews today on this.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It looks interesting, but 1) it's by Spiders, and 2) the game unlocks in a few hours yet the review embargo still has not been lifted.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Definitely waiting for more info but I like what they've shown.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I've read this game has a very Dragon Age feel and after watching the videos I can see the similarities. It looks interesting enough that I'll probably give it a shot.
It does look a lot like DA:I in terms of the engine and the controls.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Leaving a review embargo up until the launch is admittedly not a good sign.

Yeahs73

Trakanon Raider
Going to try it out, in about 20 more minutes, the Twitch streams make it look interesting enough.

Vorph

ACG said on reddit he's not allowed to put his review up until tomorrow at something like 9 or 11AM PST. How the hell can a publisher tell people they can't post reviews even when the game has been released on Steam for 15+ hours?

Sounds like his review will be favorable though.

Vorph

ACG strongly advised taking lockpicking first, rather than the skills mentioned in that video.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Watching itmeJP and he was showing the skills and looks like it could get really big similar to PoE but at his current level it is not visible.