Green Monster Games - Curt Schilling

redjunkopera_foh

shitlord
You could also do some fairly clever trick to force warps on the mobs using the geometry.
Yeah warp pulling was money.

Tag with HoS, run about 75% to group with max selos with mob like a mile behind you, run around corner and "pop" the mob is right with you. Made the second set of GoD trials go a lot faster.

Playing a bard in EQ1 was the best.

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
To everyone that sent me private emails and on this board, for sending congratulations, very cool of you to do that. Now it"s time to get back into the office and get caught up with our game.

I can tell you things are going amazingly well, milestones are being met and exceeded.

We will be announcing a few more new hires in the coming weeks of peope filling the most crucial roles we have left open, including CTO and potentially a DD.

We continue to work on the funding aspect of the game and company and have an extensive network of partnerships laid out and being worked on.

The cool stuff, the game detail stuff, is really coming along as well. As a gamer it"s been awesome to watch this stuff come together as the guys/gals on the dev team create this stuff from scratch, and then watching art/animation begin to give this stuff life, incredibly cool.

Twobit_sl

shitlord
Ngruk said:
The cool stuff, the game detail stuff, is really coming along as well. As a gamer it"s been awesome to watch this stuff come together as the guys/gals on the dev team create this stuff from scratch, and then watchingart/animation begin to give this stuff life, incredibly cool.
Does that mean you have settled on an engine? Can you tell us which?

Cadrid_foh

shitlord
www.38pitches.com said:
On the business front we continue to meet and talk with potential partners on the business side. We are excited about the prospect of partnerships with companies that are not currently in the space, but bring new and immensely deep ideas to help promote and participate in the creation and life of this incredible IP R.A. has created. If you haven't already done so, check out38 Pitches
I don"t think people are having a hard time getting to 38pitches.com from 38pitches.com.

Also, is there any chance of getting some shots of the art you guys used back at Comicon?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
do you have an idea yet of the "style" you"re going for. ie is it going to be more of an artsy/fantasy style (more wow/lineage2) or more realistic side (age of conan/ vanguard). that would probably affect your engine decisions as well.

Monsoon_foh

shitlord
I like the new Dodge Hemi V8 engine myself. The big menacing rumble of an American V8 is music to anyone"s ears. And by V8 I don"t mean the mixed vegetable juice.

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
Teljair said:
Any idea on how long it might be before you release information on the IP?
At the earliest sometime mid "08 I would think. As far as engines go, we"ve seen every single one you can, twice. I won"t get into the specifics but it"s getting close to game time and we"ll let everyone know when we make the final decisions. What I can say is that the chances are better than good that we won"t go with just one.

Teljair_foh

shitlord
Ngruk said:
At the earliest sometime mid "08 I would think. As far as engines go, we"ve seen every single one you can, twice. I won"t get into the specifics but it"s getting close to game time and we"ll let everyone know when we make the final decisions. What I can say is that the chances are better than good that we won"t go with just one.
Sounds good, thanks for the quick reply!

Tolanin_foh

shitlord
I would just like to put it out there that, since theres finally a game being made in a state i live in, i volunteer to come tour your studio and make sure everything is goin good... really its not trouble at all.

Jaytan_foh

shitlord
Tolanin said:
I would just like to put it out there that, since theres finally a game being made in a state i live in, i volunteer to come tour your studio and make sure everything is goin good... really its not trouble at all.
What are you talking about? Boston has quite a few very notable developers - Irrational/2k Boston (Bioshock), Harmonix (Guitar Hero/Rock Band), Turbine (Asheron"s Call, D&D Online, LotR Online), and Iron Lore (Titan Quest) just off the top of my head.

Havelock_foh

shitlord
Ngruk said:
What I can say is that the chances are better than good that we won"t go with just one.
I"m pretty ignorant, but would multiple engines suggest multiple environments (e.g., land/space or land/water)?

Traldan_foh

shitlord
Havelock said:
I"m pretty ignorant, but would multiple engines suggest multiple environments (e.g., land/space or land/water)?
That or maybe just development tools and techniques from each combined into what they"re looking for?

I"m really not sure, but I"d say thats a possibility.

EDIT: Btw, is that Havelock from SV back in the day?