Green Monster Games - Curt Schilling

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
It will be interesting what is chosen, I doubt they would go with Unreal or Crysis.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if they will put off purchasing an engine a bit longer to see how Stargate fairs with unreal 3 engine? Jerrith was saying the chunking Vanguard uses is because of the 2.5 engine and that will not be a problem for 3.

I really like the project offset engine someone posted earlier back. The images/game play videos look amazing. I dobut it could handle 100+ people on the screen though which makes me sad.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
They"ve been searching for an engine for a while, and I believe it"s been mentioned he has it down to 2-3 choices now.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I think they finally decided to scrap the graphics and just make a really cool MUD. Won"t have to pay those pesky artists.

spentmotiff_foh

shitlord
Ngruk said:
Decisions have been made and announcements of our decisions will be out sometime in the next month or two.
Granted, I"m completely ignorant about the game development process, but wasn"t there a horse-riding animation on those CNN videos? Can you make animations (and graphics thereof) independent of an actual engine and plug them in at will, or do you actual need to have the engine itself for the animation and graphics?

Horse_foh

shitlord
spentmotiff said:
Granted, I"m completely ignorant about the game development process, but wasn"t there a horse-riding animation on those CNN videos? Can you make animations (and graphics thereof) independent of an actual engine and plug them in at will, or do you actual need to have the engine itself for the animation and graphics?
You can make animations without them having to be in a game engine. Just think of all of the CGI crap in console games, or the movies for WoW/WC3 etc.

The models/wireframes and such live outside of an engine and are later placed in and referenced by it.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ngruk said:
Decisions have been made and announcements of our decisions will be out sometime in the next month or two.
Curt why don"t you come back to Philly for one last year! I"ll sit behind the dugout and talk MMO"s with you. Nothing beats the 93 Phils!

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
spentmotiff said:
Please. The "80 Phils > All.
True but was not old enough to remember them. I just remember this and Curt correct me if I"m wrong but a Beer drinking bunch of throwbacks playing b/c they love it. Was something about that team.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
spentmotiff said:
Please. The "80 Phils > All.
True but was not old enough to remember them. I just remember this and Curt correct me if I"m wrong but a Beer drinking bunch of throwbacks playing b/c they love it. Was something about that team. This video proves it!

YouTube - "93 Phils

Who"s the guy drilling Uncle Bill in the face with a pie?=p

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Convo said:
Curt why don"t you come back to Philly for one last year! I"ll sit behind the dugout and talk MMO"s with you. Nothing beats the 93 Phils!
i already asked curt about this earlier in this same thread...he didn"t respond i would sure love to see him come back as i feel like i"m wasting money on my season tickets. great ballpark, great hitters, absolutely no pitching.