Green Monster Games - Curt Schilling

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
it was who originally because someone ELSE was making it, their version got canned ~3yrs ago and mythic got the NEW version and called it warhammer online: age of reckoning

original game in development 3years ago or so was WHO (warhammer online)- i remember FOH members here making fun of the guy with the Codpiece screenshot

Bongk said:
It is almost amazing this thread stays on page 1 when it truly has no substance to it.

We know nothing about the game, there has been virtually zero information of any kind released. And some for reason people are all up curts ass like he is a gaming messiah, when in reality he is just a bored rich guy who thinks he can do it better than people who have years of experience.

I know it sounds harsh, but it kind of shows how desperate people are for a fun new game when they are excited about a game they know nothing at all about from a company that has never even made a game before that is years out from ever even seeing the light of day.
The only reason this thread is still here because Mr. Schilling is a wealthy celebrity. If a celebrity or industry bigshot posts in a thread then it"s considered golden by the management here and gets a reprieve from being transferred to that other forum which shall not be named. MMO nerds and geeks love to cling to celebrities in order to validate their lives of quiet desperation; Curt gets some street cred and gets to feel like he"s in touch with the masses.

Even the title of this thread is absurd as the company has long since changed it"s name. Every time I log on to these forums and see this thread still in the top 10 of threads it"s embarrassing to say the least -- not that these forums need any help in that department. Who knows, maybe someday we"ll get actual legitimate information and discussion from Mr. Schilling about his upcoming enterprise and the thread may actually have a relevant title.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Old Man Potter said:
The only reason this thread is still here because Mr. Schilling is a wealthy celebrity. If a celebrity or industry bigshot posts in a thread then it"s considered golden by the management here and gets a reprieve from being transferred to that other forum which shall not be named. MMO nerds and geeks love to cling to celebrities in order to validate their lives of quiet desperation; Curt gets some street cred and gets to feel like he"s in touch with the masses.

Even the title of this thread is absurd as the company has long since changed it"s name. Every time I log on to these forums and see this thread still in the top 10 of threads it"s embarrassing to say the least -- not that these forums need any help in that department. Who knows, maybe someday we"ll get actual legitimate information and discussion from Mr. Schilling about his upcoming enterprise and the thread may actually have a relevant title.

And yet you took time out of your precious day to post in such a irrelevant thread about why others are posting..

gnomad_foh

shitlord
Cinge said:
And yet you took time out of your precious day to post in such a irrelevant thread about why others are posting..
As did you and I, so what?

BTW Potter and Bongk are correct with what they said.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
gnomad said:
As did you and I, so what?

BTW Potter and Bongk are correct with what they said.
maybe so, but I didn"t complain about a thread being useless while simultaneously adding to the uselessness now did I?

gnomad_foh

shitlord
Cinge said:
i give up..My 6 year old niece just showed up, i"ll go argue with her, its the same thing.
Suppose you will loose to her also won"t you?

Gawd man grow some balls, thicken up your skin some and develop a modicom of a sense of humor.

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
Old Man Potter said:

Here"s a thought, just a little one at that, don"t click on the thread dude. The only way you are "forced" to read it is by you making the conscious decision to click on it, and read.

Ya, I still have no real news. Would love to, but don"t, well can"t more than don"t.

FWIW I am getting a bit more psyched about the launch of WHO.........

Lonin_foh

shitlord
Ngruk said:
Here"s a thought, just a little one at that, don"t click on the thread dude. The only way you are "forced" to read it is by you making the conscious decision to click on it, and read.

Ya, I still have no real news. Would love to, but don"t, well can"t more than don"t.

FWIW I am getting a bit more psyched about the launch of WHO.........
Ditto. Maybe we"ll play on the same server on release, that"d be cool. You going to be rolling with the Shwayd"s blogger guild?

P.S. I wish you guys had a PAX booth, would"ve made the drive much more worth it.

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
Lonin said:
Ditto. Maybe we"ll play on the same server on release, that"d be cool. You going to be rolling with the Shwayd"s blogger guild?

P.S. I wish you guys had a PAX booth, would"ve made the drive much more worth it.
Na, Shwayd"s a pvp hack, he loves that stuff.... Though the RvR was fun as hell I have to admit.

Agreed on the PAX booth but as much as I feel like we"ve done, and we"ve accomplished we"re still so far away from being able to, or really needing to, say anything with any detail about what we"re doing.

Lonin_foh

shitlord
Ngruk said:
Na, Shwayd"s a pvp hack, he loves that stuff.... Though the RvR was fun as hell I have to admit.

Agreed on the PAX booth but as much as I feel like we"ve done, and we"ve accomplished we"re still so far away from being able to, or really needing to, say anything with any detail about what we"re doing.
So are you planning on playing WAR for the PvE then? "Cause as far as I know there"s really very little.

As for PAX, just use it as an excuse to go and play all the upcoming games and listen to to talks by cool industry people like Ken Levine.

Edit - Oh ya, I forgot to mention that starting in 2010 there will be a second PAX every year in Boston.

Cadrid_foh

shitlord
Lonin said:
Edit - Oh ya, I forgot to mention that starting in 2010 there will be a second PAX every year in Boston.
It"s kind of a relief to hear that. It seems like the East Coast has really drawn the short straw when it comes to gaming conventions.

On the other hand, we did get the beer convention in Boston. That was a blast.

Lonin_foh

shitlord
Cadrid said:
It"s kind of a relief to hear that. It seems like the East Coast has really drawn the short straw when it comes to gaming conventions.

I don"t want to get too far off-topic, but I was actually pretty unimpressed with PAX. This was my first gaming convention and I"m hesitant about going to another unless there"s something specific I want to see. It was like being in a super-packed amusement park, except indoors and with less people that had an idea what personal hygiene was. There were lines for virtually everything, but the "rides" were a couple of minutes at most, and all you"re doing is playing something that will come out in a month anyway (with 50 people behind you looking over your shoulder waiting for their turn).

I"ll probably go again, or to other conventions, but I"d change a lot of the things I did. Most of my disappointment probably stemmed from my lack of experience going to these things, now I know. It was pretty cool to see Ken Levine speak and be at a live taping of the 1up yours podcast though.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
The beer convention at the WTC was total ass. I say this because you had to wait in a long line with a 2oz cup. They should of either made the glasses bigger or had a bigger place to hold the capacity that was there with shorter lines.

A PAX in Boston will be super hot though, the only one I was able to go to was Gencon Indy.

kudos

<Banned>
What"s taking so long with some info? This thread has been around forever with very little of anything actually going on. I only say this because I have an interest.