Green Monster Games - Curt Schilling

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
James said:
Lately though they"ve started to get creepy. He"s started emailing me and calling me on the phone. He doesn"t say anything on the phone, just breathes heavily, but the caller ID never lies.
Color yourself lucky it"s just heavy breathing. This is the kinda shit I get:

That"s what I get for posting about our cuddle parties though. He"s never forgiven me for that and I can see the betrayal in his eyes every time. 8(

guanna_foh

shitlord
I spoke briefly with Curt in PMs and I am confident that I have had him pre judged and pegged completely wrong. He is not the person I assumed him to be, I apologize for any confusion I may have caused.

findar_foh

shitlord
sidetrack: When are we going to get reliable addons that can stream our own music/video/whatever. Flying from A to B is fun and all, but if I could pop up a video of Will Smith - Wild Wild West, it would make it that much better.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
How are you not running dual monitors by now? I"m fairly certain on the back of any MMO it flat out states on system requirements that you need a second monitor and a tvtorrents or netflix account.

Oh, and while I"m thinking about it...maximized windowed mode needs to be retroactively added to every game ever made and will ever be made henceforth.

findar_foh

shitlord
Zehn - Vhex said:
How are you not running dual monitors by now? I"m fairly certain on the back of any MMO it flat out states on system requirements that you need a second monitor and a tvtorrents or netflix account.

Oh, and while I"m thinking about it...maximized windowed mode needs to be retroactively added to every game ever made and will ever be made henceforth.
desk space :[

I don"t get it, maybe i"m the odd ball, but who the fuck wants anyone"s autograph? The start struck shit people feel for celebrity/public figures boggles me. Don"t get me wrong, I appreciate what Curt has accomplished, and I"m happy for him and other professional athletes, but I have zero desire to do one single pull up from their dicks. They get payed oodles to play games, and I wish I had the talent to do so.

I love sports, I"m a die hard Yanks fan, but my cheering ends when the players leave the field. I don"t have any desire to go wash Derek Jeter"s jockstrap for him, nor do I want him to sign his name on something and give it to me. That won"t affect my appreciation of the entertainment he and the yanks provide for me. I"d rather have a beer with the dude and listen to some stories about the some of the classic moments than gawk at him like he"s different than you or I.

PS - Still hurting from 2004 Curt.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
findar said:
desk space :[
Pro-tip: Computer desks are terrible for computers. They"re for old people who don"t understand how important air flow is.

All you need is a couple of folding tables and maybe an ironing board or two.

Also, buy a step stool and then cut a groove into it and you can pretty much stack two monitors on top of each other.

Casa de Zehn!

Yes, that"s the EQ cloth map from Kunark and yes it"s framed. I"m such a goddamn hypocrite. 8(

Alarion_foh

shitlord
Is that a recliner there Zehn?

I wish I could talk the wifey into letting me replace my desk for some folding tables. the problem is, our PCs are in the living room

guanna_foh

shitlord
I used to have a Bob Marley Rastaman Vibrations CD signed by both Damian and Julian Marley. I think I was 17 in Tucson, AZ, I saw a tour bus parked behind Club Congress, no markings or anything. With all of my 17 year old wisdom I walk right up to the door and knock door swings open, smoke POURS out, and I swear I was staring what must have been the ghost of Bob Marley himself right in the face.
"Whatcha want mon?" I replied uh, uh, uh, ..... ,"Why da cat got yer tongue boy?" this guy asks me. I had headphones on and ripped them off my head, I pulled out my CD from my pocket and just said, "You look like this guy, a lot."

He took my cd case and looked at it for a second, "Dis ere onea mi own favorite. Come wit us, we gonna go eat now." With cd case still in hand he walked past me and out comes a less Bob looking Rasta and 3 or 4 of the most massive dreadlocked 500 pound (had to be) men I"ve ever seen.

We all go inside of the Club Congress and have a seat in the booth, the huge dudes start assembling plates for us all from a buffet of Jamaican foods. The one with my cd case tells me, "Dis ere music is from mi fatha. Mi name is Damian, this my brodda Julian. It a pleasa ta meet ya, please break bread wit us."

I think I just mumbled ok, i was in awe, the flesh of Bob Marley himself, it was like looking right into the past. In retrospect Damian doesn"t look THAT much like Bob at all, but that day he sure did. I told him my name and he asked if it was ok with me the he signs my cd case, I say uh, sure. I was really at a loss for words the entire time.

Julian invited me to the show that was gonna happen in about four more hours, but I was a stupid kid who had landed on probation, house arrest actually, but hey, the tour bus was on my way home from job searching, the one thing I was allowed to do, so I had to respectfully decline. Damian teased me, "Dis why you don"t do no crimes against your broddas. Every out dere is your brodda or your sistah, and if you do, don let tha police grab ya!" He was laughing his ass off at my story. He told me if I did make my way to the show, afterward we could all go to the bus together and smoke >.<

Oh course, I didn"t break probation, sneak out, or get high with the sons" of Bob, but I got a cd case signed by both, each with a personal message written just for me. Naturally, some dickfuck stole it and sold it to PDQ Records in Tucson, AZ where they offered to sell it to me for $500. They still have it, last I checked. One day I"m gonna get it back.

The answer to your question of, why? is sentimental value.

guanna_foh

shitlord
Zehn - Vhex said:
Pro-tip: Computer desks are terrible for computers. They"re for old people who don"t understand how important air flow is.

All you need is a couple of folding tables and maybe an ironing board or two.

Also, buy a step stool and then cut a groove into it and you can pretty much stack two monitors on top of each other.

Casa de Zehn!

Yes, that"s the EQ cloth map from Kunark and yes it"s framed. I"m such a goddamn hypocrite. 8(
Nice set up, you"re a pimp Zehn da Man! No really, nice fucking setup.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Big_Dumb_Animal said:
I don"t get it, maybe i"m the odd ball, but who the fuck wants anyone"s autograph? The start struck shit people feel for celebrity/public figures boggles me. Don"t get me wrong, I appreciate what Curt has accomplished, and I"m happy for him and other professional athletes, but I have zero desire to do one single pull up from their dicks. They get payed oodles to play games, and I wish I had the talent to do so.

I love sports, I"m a die hard Yanks fan, but my cheering ends when the players leave the field. I don"t have any desire to go wash Derek Jeter"s jockstrap for him, nor do I want him to sign his name on something and give it to me. That won"t affect my appreciation of the entertainment he and the yanks provide for me. I"d rather have a beer with the dude and listen to some stories about the some of the classic moments than gawk at him like he"s different than you or I.

PS - Still hurting from 2004 Curt.
Yea, I never really understood that either.

See, my dad raised me from when I was 7 years old as a single parent (parents divorced, sis lived with my mom), and did so after being diagnosed in stage 4 with non Hodgkins lymphatic cancer. I"d sit up late at night holding a bucket as he would puke his guts out from the chemo and then wake up 4 hours later and take me to school and go to work, where he started his own engineering business out of the spare bedroom in our house on top of doing all the cooking and cleaning (I did what I could etc). Oh yea, and he did all this while being a pilot in the military flying C-130s for the ANG (at least during remission when he was cleared to fly), where he would eventually retire as a highly decorated colonel shortly before he died (he lived till I was 19, defying the odds as they thought he would be dead by the time I turned 8). I can still remember him getting out of a bone marrow transplant at Sloan Koettering (sp?) in NYC, the only 1 in his group of transplantees that survived. He immediately worked his ass off to get healthy to get flight status clearance just so he could go fly in Desert Storm as he didn"t want his flight crew to be there without him and many of those guys were among his closest friends.

So I hear shit from people how athletes are these great heroes and kind of laugh my ass off, I doubt very many of them were even half the man, especially considering all the roids and off the field trouble so many get into. I love me some sports (see avatar + sig etc), but yea, I don"t get people that are so starstruck. Heroes? Give me a break.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Alarion said:
Is that a recliner there Zehn?
Fuck yeah. If you can get away with it, I -highly- recommend it. Wireless keyboard is pretty much a must but wireless mouse is optional (I prefer wired. Old habits die hard). I bought a fellows CD-case like 10 years ago similar to this one (-much- thinner though):

10027163.jpg

and put my mouse on it and it sits nicely on the armest. It"s so goddamn relaxing. Plus for some reason people in TF2 get really annoyed when you mention you"re kicking their ass from a recliner.

Only problem is that you can, and I have, fall asleep on raids. 8(

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
That chair looks very low compared to your desk, I have the same tower I think and yes another monitor is a go ASAP. NM you answered the chair question, for the dual monitor you need to do anything special if your graphics card already supports it?

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
guanna said:
Nice set up, you"re a pimp Zehn da Man! No really, nice fucking setup.
No loincloths in this household. 8( Maybe I"ll get the nice asian lady who lives down the block from me to hold up a sign declaring how much I roxor.

Spawn_foh

shitlord
I had one at one point like this:
u705-tan.jpg

I used it for my desk chair for a bit, but due to my corner desk I had to sit up to touch my keyboard and it was a bitch to get in and out of. If I had a larger frame desk with wireless keyboard / mouse, it would have been perfect.

On the subject of dual monitors, I have 2x ATI 4850 that I plug both into, this way I can run them in Crossfire if I want or disable it and still keep both running. I also absolutely agree with maximized windowed mode with no frame is a must for games from now on. I absolutely loved this feature from WoW. Windowed frames suck ass, but the ability to alt tab is a must.