Grim Dawn

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I played a little more this morning. Is there a way to display or sort the quest? I have a dozen quest, or at least it feels like. I open the journal or whatever it's called and can see them but the whole right part of the screen is quest stuff and I don't even know where it's related to.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The titles of the quest on the right should match the titles on the left. They are divided by regions on the left at the bottom of the quest panel.

The stuff on the right is just check boxes and quick status updates, the quest panel on the left gives you details of where you need to go, etc.

Borzak

OK I think the biggest issue is I got more quest at one time and not doing them as I got them.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
OK I think the biggest issue is I got more quest at one time and not doing them as I got them.

Yeah I wish you could abandon quests. It’s annoying when you start skipping side quests and forget where they are or don’t really care to do them anymore. I usually end up doing a session just to clear up my list, once I hit max level.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There is a way to turn them off from showing on the side of your screen, but when you log back in or restart the game, they always come back.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
There is a way to turn them off from showing on the side of your screen, but when you log back in or restart the game, they always come back.

I don’t mind them showing because I want to know what’s left to do. I wish we could fully abandon them. Like when you take a bounty headhunt and can’t ever find the guy lol

Borzak

Another dumb question. Is there a way (or mod) to automatically stack if you select to combine the chipped parts you get and stuff?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Just the combine button above the inventory items. If there’s a mod I haven’t seen it. I actually just duped all mine after a couple of years. Got tired of picking them up, now I hide them with the loot filter.

Borzak

Thanks, dumb me missed the autocomplete components button and/or didn't know what it did. Got it now thanks.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Grim Internals autocombine every 5 components you loot. Also autoloots them and lore notes. Also adds health bars on enemies if you want, or debuffs. Honestly it's really good and definitely worth installing, although them releasing garbage "hotfix" with like 1 change that does virtually nothing isn't helping with the Griminternal devs wanting to quit the game and having to update his(or her I think) shit everytime. But you can revert to an older version on Steam to keep using it at least.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Holy fuck this AoM xpac sucks a friggin d. I shoulda got FG while it was on sale

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Holy fuck this AoM xpac sucks a friggin d. I shoulda got FG while it was on sale

Wait til you get to the towns when you have to go in buildings, the pathways in there is annoying as fuck.

Borzak

Is there a way to up difficulty as you go? I started at whatever it recommended. No Veteran or whatever the next step up is. I'm in act 2 and I think I died once when I realised I didn't have a weapon cause I sold it. So far pretty easy. Hard to get into it. I'm sure it gets 1000x harder as you go and higher lvls, just thought I could up the difficulty early on or something.

Oh and is there a way to search stuff in your stash to find it easier than going thru them one at a time? I'm sure it's something easy I'm missing.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is there a way to up difficulty as you go? I started at whatever it recommended. No Veteran or whatever the next step up is. I'm in act 2 and I think I died once when I realised I didn't have a weapon cause I sold it. So far pretty easy. Hard to get into it. I'm sure it gets 1000x harder as you go and higher lvls, just thought I could up the difficulty early on or something.

Oh and is there a way to search stuff in your stash to find it easier than going thru them one at a time? I'm sure it's something easy I'm missing.

You can switch between regular and veteran on the first play through, it’s a toggle on the character screen. Once you beat the vanilla story you unlock elite, then once you beat the vanilla story on elite you unlock ultimate.

There is not a way to search inventory. You can get another program called Item Assistant if you want. You put an item you want to add to it in a certain tab of your stash and the item will move to the item assistant which is essentially an infinite stash that is searchable and sortable. It’s actually really nice, but some people don’t want to mess with other programs.

Last edited:

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wait til you get to the towns when you have to go in buildings, the pathways in there is annoying as fuck.

This is where I am at. I am trying to power through this but I have to stop after an hour or so its just so fucking bad. This area is the worst to stop and pick back up on too because the entire city section that divided into the 100 sections you have to push through all looks exactly the fucking same. And the archaic quest system that gives you no direction on where to go lol. I have to end up walking around the entire city over and over and over trying to find any objectives. Fucking garbage xpac

Borzak

Tried to get into the game but I just can't. I find it 1000x more confusing for no reason than PoE. Just to find the blacksmith I only have one that says "It's ok for picking the other one". But I don't have the other one, not where he supposidly was at to be picked or Devi's Crossing, but my quest says that's done. Too much time just running around. My quest log magically shows a lot of stuff finished that I didn't do. Sounds dumb but I searched and a couple of threads saying same happened to them, easiest fix to start a new character.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You only get one blacksmith in devils crossing. The quest has you pick one or the other. Depending which you pick you can get different stats or something I forget. It’s pretty much inconsequential, as you can pick the different one on each difficulty/character.

Borzak

You only get one blacksmith in devils crossing. The quest has you pick one or the other. Depending which you pick you can get different stats or something I forget. It’s pretty much inconsequential, as you can pick the different one on each difficulty/character.

I don't have either in Devil's crossing. I have one in outskirts saying "I undertand you picking the other guy". The pick a blacksmith quest is shown as completed.

Anyway I magically have quest into act 3 done now and have done about 2 minutes into act 2. Those quest are now done as well that I don't remember getting. I repaired the bridge to enter act 2, walked across it. Logged out. Logged in a few days later and in my quest log quest in act 2 are marked as finished and my map is filled out for act 2 as well. Some quest in act 3l.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don't have either in Devil's crossing. I have one in outskirts saying "I undertand you picking the other guy". The pick a blacksmith quest is shown as completed.

Anyway I magically have quest into act 3 done now and have done about 2 minutes into act 2. Those quest are now done as well that I don't remember getting. I repaired the bridge to enter act 2, walked across it. Logged out. Logged in a few days later and in my quest log quest in act 2 are marked as finished and my map is filled out for act 2 as well. Some quest in act 3l.

Wow wtf. I have never had any quests fuck up and I have like 20 chars, 4 or 5 maxed. I’ve seen it in bug reports in forums in the past but that’s it. Sorry to hear that man, it really is a solid game, at least for most people I think.