Grim Dawn

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm up at odd hours. The last few nights (like 3am Eastern US time) someone has been streaming Grim Dawn with 100ish viewers. Thought I'd watch cause nobody streams grim dawn. Might learn something. The only thing I learned is I don't understand/speak the language they were speaking. Russian or maybe some Eastern EuropeanI dunno. I only listed for a second to hear it wasn't english.

Disappointing.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I'm up at odd hours. The last few nights (like 3am Eastern US time) someone has been streaming Grim Dawn with 100ish viewers. Thought I'd watch cause nobody streams grim dawn. Might learn something. The only thing I learned is I don't understand/speak the language they were speaking. Russian or maybe some Eastern EuropeanI dunno. I only listed for a second to hear it wasn't english.

Disappointing.

Go look up Maligant, either on Youtube or Twitch, hes got 100s of strims and vods that deal with everything that is Grim Dawn. when the expansion hit, he deleted all his characters and started fresh too, so you can see pretty much fresh start. I think hes playing PoE right now, but lok to his past and you will see.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just hit 94 tonight. Been using that AoM pre krieg guide posted a few pages back and got 4/5 krieg in the last hour or so. Got the boots in 4, hat in 2, chest in 7 and am on attempt 22 for gloves. 55 runs for gloves

I wish I woulda saw Maligants stream earlier than when I did, using what looks like a updated version of stupid_dragons guide. I struggled on some levels/areas a lot despite having the resists and his 2h version looked like it was a lot easier. My dps was always garbage till I had krieg set now it seems ok. Still probo gonna stick with the 1h sword and board till the gf catches up andwe get FG. Ive been farming the krieg set in elite cause I was getting gibbed in the Malmouth area on ultimate. Gonna try to finish the set and farm sot for a mindwarp

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Nice QoL coming next patch. I wish they would have added this years ago. I got so tired of picking up and combining components I just made a separate save stash I store them all in so I didn’t need to do it anymore. If they’d make infinite nameable stash tabs in game I’d be so happy.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

unknown.png

unknown.png

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
How do you like the Oathkeeper? I hear it's good to run retaliation on it and just let mobs die on their own lol.

I've been contemplating trying to figure out a "lazy" build, i.e. one with only a very few active skills (l+r mouse buttons, toggleable skills and just a few active skills you use on tough enemies. So I'm wondering if Oathkeepr+? might be good?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
How do you like the Oathkeeper? I hear it's good to run retaliation on it and just let mobs die on their own lol.

I've been contemplating trying to figure out a "lazy" build, i.e. one with only a very few active skills (l+r mouse buttons, toggleable skills and just a few active skills you use on tough enemies. So I'm wondering if Oathkeepr+? might be good?

Oathkeeper is a blast. I can link my build when I get a few minutes at home, busy most of today. Retaliation alone isn’t really enough to make stuff die very quickly. Use the shield throw skill + Oath pets + retaliation however, and you can plow through the screen pretty quickly, even with non-optimal gear.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I did somethin very different on oath. Went with crits (+OA, -DA to enemy) and seeing necro call of grave giving crit damage built off that. Then I remembered thinking eye of korvaak would be great if u could find a source to proc it lots (and it only procs on crits, but always). The skeletons definitely do it if u pet move them next to whatever you are killing, its stunlock city with the korvak eyes.

I use the 1 pt drain/slow on it for cc and to proc shepherd's. From there trying to get poison/vit for the guardians and rest pet dmg/hc survives. Self found/craft minus the shoulders a pal had drop for me.

Rest of the points would go into rotting fumes, however you get em from FG quests and whatever else in the hidden quests I didn't do on that char yet.

Lowest hp I ever dropped to was 3.5k going hard against some elites in FG Osyrus (or w/e) temple. This obviously proc'd that meat shield thing I got.

For a weird build I thought would work, it did. Will go for rest of HC achieves at some point, game's great.

I have seen all kinds of other crazy oathkeepers like sentinels (poison occultist stuff), bomber types that build up buffs swinging (templar), acid dervishes (nightblade)...

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You'd probably get a shitton of damage from dropping Guardian to 1(since they don't do a lot of damage, they're player scaled pets so don't benefit from most of your stuff and they can't be killed so don't need hp) and dumping that into Soul Harvest, with obviously 1pt Bone Harvest(maybe 1pt Dread too for the additional range as a qol). Can probably drop drain life and link sheperd to that, it's the usual way.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

Honestly, my Warder that I talked about earlier is about as lazy as I've found. I right click to charge in, left click for auto/Savagery, and then if I feel like it I click a couple skills. For 99% of content, I don't have to. Granted, my gear is superb, but still. Most of the dps is auto-cast by procs and devotions.

EDIT: Here, went back and found the link for you. Warder, Level 100 (GD 1.1.2.2) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator As I said then, I'm not sure why it shows me with a couple of points available in areas, but I only spent the ones that you actually get in game.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I think the acid dervish had to be nerfed, still probably nuts.

Base of what I did isn't min maxxed too much, kinda what I ended up with leveling and spitballing. Greens can be some of the best items in the game, word to the wise. Most of my planned upgrades outside of Ghol's set would be.

Those other 7 points I'm missing are gonna get investigated - I did hidden path I'm sure on all difficulties...

For the guardians I do have +poison and %all damage stuff to juice em up, they hit comparably to my other pets.

Values without any auras/buffs up:

Big fucker

8 of these

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah you have some damage, but 4% attackspeed versus 50%pet, and 39%crit dmg versus 92%, so they do a lot less damage. If you get Grim Internals you can probably summon both and hit a dummy for a bit and see how much they do versus some other pets.

Thing about Soul Harvest is it buff every pets, with flat damage. Flat damage tends to be crazy with skeletons(cause lots of them obviously), and it's vit dmg so it gets a bunch of boosts from vit damage on top of generic pet damage(skeletons especially have a shit ton of vit damage %).

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Oh shit yeah how the hell did I overlook that. I'll shuffle some points and put the 7 I'm missing towards that.

Now to change that cold to poison/acid some how.

ok, there it is and straight up for bone harvest.. might be worth trying too

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh shit yeah how the hell did I overlook that. I'll shuffle some points and put the 7 I'm missing towards that.

Now to change that cold to poison/acid some how.
If you mean Bone Harvest cold, that's irrelevant. You leave bone harvest at one, 1dread, dump into Soul Harvest. The skill is really only used for the buff in pet builds, there's no need to lvl it further. One other good skill if you have more keybinds to waste is Ravenous Earth with the 2nd passive to reduce damage done by enemies, also great for procing stuff. But if you're struggling with keybinds, like is often the case with necro builds, can skip that and just invest more into ill omen or whatever.

Do keep the points in the Guardians' aura though, that shit's great.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya 1pt bone harv, rest in Soul Harvest I was with ya. Kinda curious cuz the ghol's grip gives 10% life steal to bone harvest and u do get damage from Soul Harvest. Might be completely negligible but worth a try.

1 of the points I'm missing are from "The Other You" The Other You
The others from FG shattered realm quests.

Last edited:

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Am I missing anything on my char? I can farm these story mode farm spots for stuff p easily without dying to anything p much but dps is way too low for shit like crucible and SR. I have quite a few of the recipes that use ugdenbloom but I dont wanna farm all that shit for this char that is now kinda mediocre at high level. Been playing a shieldbreaker alt with my gf as shes been leveling and figure might as well use the rare shit on that char. I farmed ugdenbloom for like an hour and got enough to make 1 friggin piece of leather f that

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
This game seems a little silly at the "end game". I mean am I really supposed to farm Gloomwald for hours for the 250+ ugdenbloom I need for these rare components that I also might have to eventually change or replace? Im reading shit where people are in 1k hours without seeing 1 piece of the set theyre looking for. Im 300 in and havent seen 1 piece of the set Im looking for for the 2 chars I play. Is this the challenge? I wanna play the game legit cause I remember when I used the equivalent to GDstash for titan quest it completely ruined the game but these high lvl mats seems like way too big of time sinks for the reward they provide.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Set helm recipes come from Ancient Grove plant monster vendor, I farmed those runs and checked vendor every time.

From there, there's recipes to convert a set item to another of the same set.

Fastest way to max sets.

Ugdenbloom wasn't that bad for me. Should be a solid farm route? I didn't need 250 of em tho.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was actually wondering that yesterday when I was thinking about transmutes if you could do that with helms, thanks big bro gonna try that today

• 1Like