Grim Dawn

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I've had this game since day 1 and I have never put much time into it until this week. I have a level 75 Warlord (Oathkeeper/Soldier) and I'm playing spin2win for D3 barb nostalgia. Surprisingly working out pretty well. Went to ultimate at 70 and legendary drops seem pretty slow so I'm not sure how long I'll continue playing, especially with the melee changes coming for POE next week.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Anyway I magically have quest into act 3 done now and have done about 2 minutes into act 2. Those quest are now done as well that I don't remember getting. I repaired the bridge to enter act 2, walked across it. Logged out. Logged in a few days later and in my quest log quest in act 2 are marked as finished and my map is filled out for act 2 as well. Some quest in act 3l.

If, during your travels you happen to discover/kill something that satisfies a quest, it automatically completes when you get it. Thus, quests appearing finished that you do not recall doing. I personally like that feature.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I deleted the character and started over. Back to same level now. I figured the quest completed without getting them same as PoE. I had required quest in act 3 and never really left act 1. Dunno. This time thru the quest worked as intended I think. I never really noticed till the blacksmith. I did the quest but the one I picked never showed up in town. Went back and the only one on that map was the one I didn't pick. Oh well appears to be working now. I deleted the character and the stuff in my local save which wiped all my stuff. Fixed now. I picked veteran and going pretty well. I can see where not picking veteran would be ideal for someone new to this (or a dumbass like me) or just blindly going in and not following a new player build guide. But I don't mind a little challenge or dying every so often.

GoG had all the Grim Dawn stuff on sale but I had the base game and 1 expansion/dlc on steam so no go. Opening the map linked on the sidebar of reddit helps a lot too. And a check list of all quest I found somewhere divide into required and side quest. Not a fan of the way the game displays the quest log, that helped.

Last edited:

Borzak

Yeah that's the one that's linked on the side of reddit. Offical forums down, should have saved my fit :(

Borzak

Hmm finished act 1 again. Went and tried to get the last shrine. Everything is lvl 35-40 and I"m 22. Guess that's for later.

Borzak

They're redoing the GD forums due to a security issue. Today they said if there's anything you want on old post back them up. I copied down the fit I was following. So apparently forum info is going away.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Damn. I wonder why they can’t pull the posts over. There’s a ton of builds on there.

They have some really passionate guys doing the build tracking, hopefully they do it.

Borzak

They posted this on reddit. It was down most of Saturday. Someone mentioned they got hacked and whoever hacked left a nasty note on the login. From the dates listed it looks like builds will be ok I think. I looked at their twitter when it was down and they had a tweet from late April saying the forums were down and having issues. So apparently a running issue.

Heads up to everybody: our forum will be undergoing an extensive maintenance in the near future (we'll announce an exact date once we have everything in order on the back-end but expect it in the coming days!).
During this maintenance, the forum will be unavailable. The maintenance may extend over several days, so be aware if you have any social plans on the forum.

Old Accounts While the forum is shut down, we will be doing some major clean-up as well as updates. During this clean-up, we will be deactivating user accounts that have not been active on the forum in the last 2 years. If retaining your existing account is important to you, and you have not signed into the forum in a very long time, we suggest you take a moment to sign in over the coming days.

Old Threads In addition, we will be selectively purging certain sections of the forum of threads older than the release of Grim Dawn (02/25/16). If you wish to retain anything older than that, make your backups now!
Development sections will not be affected by this, so history of Grim Dawn will be retained. However, feedback posts from 5 years ago are probably a bit outdated now, among other things.

Password Reset Lastly, there will be an enforced password reset. When the forum returns online, you will be required to set a new password. Due to this, make sure that the email address you have associated with your account is one you can actually access and not some ancient aol account or something.

The Future What will emerge on the other end of this extended maintenance? Hopefully something awesome for everybody all around. Stay tuned!

Borzak

Anyone know anywhere else for builds? I was going to make a new character but the forum is down with this message "The forums are undergoing extended maintenance and are unavailable for the foreseeable future. Check back in the coming days! ".

Foreseeable future doesn't sound good.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I asked on Reddit once and got a pretty good number of replies on my build. Like I had poor resists, augments that didn't stack and wasn't using a few essential tools for my Arcanist because it was my first time in Ultimate and I was getting my ass kicked constantly. I'm lvl 100 but still insanely squishy and can't kill many bosses if I can't kite them.

Import your character here, and ask someone who knows more than you: Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have the recipe for the relic squall? I'm trying to make the torment relic for the 80% life leech resist as that is what is keeping me from killing the mad queen but have had shit luck getting it to drop.

On the upside I did manage to get a Belgothian Helm recipe and had the slicer drop from Log the first time I killed him on Ultimate.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone have the recipe for the relic squall? I'm trying to make the torment relic for the 80% life leech resist as that is what is keeping me from killing the mad queen but have had shit luck getting it to drop.

On the upside I did manage to get a Belgothian Helm recipe and had the slicer drop from Log the first time I killed him on Ultimate.

I don’t have the recipe because they stop dropping once you learn them but I’m pretty sure I have one or both of those relics if you want one. Shoot me a message and I can set up a multiplayer game to dump you one if you want.

Edit: I checked, I have both. You can have either or both of you want.

Last edited:

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think they got hacked so they're having to purge parts of the forums, Is what I read.

So of the last 40 or so legendaries i've found, I think only 2 were remotely usable for an arcanist. Is that normal? I only ask because It seemed like I got consistent upgrades until around level 70 or so but since then it seems all I get are guns or vitality damage caster items.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I think they got hacked so they're having to purge parts of the forums, Is what I read.

So of the last 40 or so legendaries i've found, I think only 2 were remotely usable for an arcanist. Is that normal? I only ask because It seemed like I got consistent upgrades until around level 70 or so but since then it seems all I get are guns or vitality damage caster items.

It’s pretty RNG. Think about how many classes there are due to combining with another, 36 classes with some overlap obviously. They build sets geared towards specific combos, so it’s quite common to get gear for something other than your own class. The game is really set up to have multiple characters/builds and throw gear at your other characters, or use the new transmog to luck into something else or finish sets.

Being RNG it can be streaky, sometimes I won’t find shit for any of my chars for several play sessions, then I’ll find a couple upgrades within an hour.

Last edited:

Borzak

Website and forums are up. If you had a build bookmarked you have to search the name from the bookmark and it goes to it. Can't go directly from the old bookmark. But it's there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
Finally downed Mad Queen on Ult. She is a real bitch as a melee; had to use so many consumables and respec some dev to pickup -12% damage from arachnids in the end.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I asked on Reddit once and got a pretty good number of replies on my build. Like I had poor resists, augments that didn't stack and wasn't using a few essential tools for my Arcanist because it was my first time in Ultimate and I was getting my ass kicked constantly. I'm lvl 100 but still insanely squishy and can't kill many bosses if I can't kite them.

Import your character here, and ask someone who knows more than you: Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Basically kite till mirror is up and survive with hp pot. Burn them in the face while mirror is up, resume kiting when it about to fade.

When arca gets geared up u just clear screens depending on abil.