Grim Dawn

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So how does gearing while leveling work in GD? Is it like PoE where you just want health, resists, and then whatever type of damage fits your build?

I'm a newbie doing the Miss Meltycakes acid/poison nightblade/oathbreaker build and so far I've just been equipping upgrades with health/resists/increases dps on char window.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
According to that patch note, there shouldn't be any partials anymore. You should have all completed components, so just hit the "reorganize my tab" button and you should be golden.

Disclaimer: I'm not in the game to see if that patch note is actually true.

Yeah I stacked them all up manually. It looks like it just took all the fragments and turned them in to individual stacks of 1's, but they wouldn't auto-stack from arranging inventory, I had to manual stack them.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
So how does gearing while leveling work in GD? Is it like PoE where you just want health, resists, and then whatever type of damage fits your build?

I'm a newbie doing the Miss Meltycakes acid/poison nightblade/oathbreaker build and so far I've just been equipping upgrades with health/resists/increases dps on char window.

What zombiehawk said

And I'll do you one better

Start considering what alts you MIGHT roll and keep that kind of gear together by weapons and damage type as you go

You will thank yourself later

Oo, also

Whichever seems to fill out a lvl 65ish suit first, consider rolling that one first and going back up - you will probably finish the other one in the process

Unless you're not doing alts.... but you really should try more than 1 build in the game ..

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy

Resists are really important, you'll get destroyed without them at max once you hit ultimate. Some harder bosses also require that you overcap by large amounts.

• 1Like

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I picked up this game at release and never really played it for some reason. I just grabbed the 2 expansions for it, when should your start the content for them.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I picked up this game at release and never really played it for some reason. I just grabbed the 2 expansions for it, when should your start the content for them.
Malmouth can only be started after you finish the main quest, the entrance is gated. Forgotten Gods can be started at any point after you finish act1, but the difficulty will be pretty uneven at low lvl, it's good to go there and grab some belt enchant for movement skills though, shit can be done pretty quickly iirc and that helps a lot with all the running around for the rest. After that you can do it chronologically(malmouth then forgotten) or you can do forgotten at any point you feel like.

Also worth nothing this game does the multiple difficulty thing, but they unlock after clearing the main story, so you could for example just do the main story on normal, then start over in... whatever the 2nd difficulty was, nightmare? Forgot the names but anyway do that and then do malmouth and forgotten in that. It is recommended you do them before the 3rd difficulty so you can cap your resists more easily with the various newer factions though, as the last difficulty(heroic?epic?) is a big step up in difficulty. You can jump back down difficulties too if needed.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Just follow the story, it will lead you to Malmouth after you beat act 4 in vanilla. You can do FG at any point, I’d do it after Malmouth or if you are burning out on Malmouth take a break and do some FG. They designed it so you can kind of jump over to it and do it whenever.

There is a nice hidden weapon (once you’re 50 I think) right at the beginning of FG. You take a hidden path off to the right Before you enter the first town in FG that leads to a chest and a breakable pot. In the pot is “totally normal shield” that is actually a mace with a shield graphic. It’s a very good weapon.

• 1Like

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Resists are really important, you'll get destroyed without them at max once you hit ultimate. Some harder bosses also require that you overcap by large amounts.

The first rule of arpg’s, always max resists. The only thing to really watch out for in this game is making sure that you don’t equip damage conversion gear that looks good stat wise but doesn’t match the builds damage type.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Wtf why does this random shitty sewer have such good music

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Here is my favorite. Such fitting music for the area, when youre going through the ugdenbog....

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
BTW that Diablo 2 mod is fricken awesome. You get Grim dawn and with this free mod its like you have 2 games lol. Its really well done, all the zones are super detailed, all 5 acts are in and it even has a bit of added in end game stuff I guess like ubers and shit. Not sure about the balance because you can mix the D2 classes with other D2 classes or even GD classes to make new characters, but if you want to play it straight up like its meant to be played you have that option as well.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What are the essential mods? I’ve read a bag space one or maybe it was stash space was a major need.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What are the essential mods? I’ve read a bag space one or maybe it was stash space was a major need.

The rainbow mod is also nice. It color codes all items by rarity in the item label. Also color codes all the resists. Makes spotting useful items vs vendor trash much easier.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
I will second that the story aspect of this game was surprisingly good. After about your second or third characters I turned off voices and all that but it is really well done for an arpg.