Grim Dawn

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You guys got me too. I played long ago before any of the expansions so I picked those up and am starting a new playthrough.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah if youve only ever played one build before, its def time to hop in and roll somethin up fresh

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
My Crunchy bones Necro is level 50, just from running around and skeleton swarming everything.

I have no fucking idea what attributes/stats/whatever I'm supposed to prioritize on gear. I'm following the guide on skills and devotion, but don't know what to aim for with gear upgrades.

If I'm comparing one pair of boots to another, wtf do I pick by?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My Crunchy bones Necro is level 50, just from running around and skeleton swarming everything.

I have no fucking idea what attributes/stats/whatever I'm supposed to prioritize on gear. I'm following the guide on skills and devotion, but don't know what to aim for with gear upgrades.

If I'm comparing one pair of boots to another, wtf do I pick by?
Stuff that is giving your pets boost is probably the priority. Whatever extra spells you are using beyond the pets, look for that elemental boost. Stuff that gives you more life would be good as well, more survivability is good for any build.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I've only dabbled with this for a few minutes but I started a Demolitionist, selected Fire Strike as my first skill, and mapped it to a hotkey. Is there some way to make that the default attack with mouse click or do I just have to keep spamming the hotkey?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I've only dabbled with this for a few minutes but I started a Demolitionist, selected Fire Strike as my first skill, and mapped it to a hotkey. Is there some way to make that the default attack with mouse click or do I just have to keep spamming the hotkey?
The mouse click attacks are to the right of the hot keys, you can bind it there the same way you did with the hot key.

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Dev said hes doing Grim Dawn 2 after his frontier town builder thing
Makes me think of buying the town builder thing just to make sure they stay in business long enough to make 2.

Also, for those wanting something similar, the "original" game is Titan Quest. Has many of the same features of GD, but set in the ancient world. Similar class/skill system. And whoever is deving it is still pulling out expansions and dlcs. It is a bit dated compared to GD, but has a very strong modding community. Def recommend to wishlist it and pick it up on sale for something silmiar.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’d love for GD 2 to move back to a mythic setting again. If they could do some sort of mythological / cthonic hybrid…

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I picked out the game and all dlc a while back, but was to busy to play it. I've started a new run through following the shaman/Necro 2h melee build on the site above. Enjoying it more than the ranged build I did last time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Love this game, music, setting, mechanics...all top notch. My only very small gripe is that you can't really do a pure class. You have to multiclass. I am cool with my Death Knight, and my Warlord, but really wanted to try a pure Soldier. Nope totally not possible.

I have been grinding D3 to complete all the achievements before D4; Grim Dawn might be just what I need to shake of the burnout/boredom

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I picked out the game and all dlc a while back, but was to busy to play it. I've started a new run through following the shaman/Necro 2h melee build on the site above. Enjoying it more than the ranged build I did last time.

There's strike based builds that can just use the best wep (melee or ranged) they find as they go

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Fuckit. Loaded it up. I must played this quite a bit, though I don't remember all the time spent playing. I have a few level 50+ characters.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Xerge

<Donor>
I liked GD for having controller support. Between Grim Dawn, Last Epoch, and Wolcen the ARPG loadout is pretty decent these days

DickTrickle

Ahhhh, remembering how faggy the inventory limits are is annoying. I know there'l are mods that can help with that but that doesn't remove how shitty a design choice it is.

Also weirdly I had 120 hours in game but only had a level 30 from cloud saves. Maybe I went offline at some point, but that seems weird.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Ahhhh, remembering how faggy the inventory limits are is annoying. I know there'l are mods that can help with that but that doesn't remove how shitty a design choice it is.

Also weirdly I had 120 hours in game but only had a level 30 from cloud saves. Maybe I went offline at some point, but that seems weird.
Setting up GD item assistant is worth the little time it takes. Makes the game so much better, bank inventory management goes away completely and you can do very detailed searches of your banked items. It’s really nice.

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I honestly never had problems with inventory management. If you are you're likely a hoarder and picking up everything you see with the idea that you'll use it on an alt someday when you actually never will.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm just going for one good playing through so I'm pretty brutal with my inventory. If it doesn't increase my DPS right now, it probably gets sold.

1675135270570.png

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I honestly never had problems with inventory management. If you are you're likely a hoarder and picking up everything you see with the idea that you'll use it on an alt someday when you actually never will.
For me it was a game of can I collect one of each unique/set. Lots of stuff I know I’ll never use but wanted to collect anyways, and didn’t keep any duplicates.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

DickTrickle

Setting up GD item assistant is worth the little time it takes. Makes the game so much better, bank inventory management goes away completely and you can do very detailed searches of your banked items. It’s really nice.
Good call on that. It requires being offline so that's probably why my 120 hour playthrough only had a level 30 character (and I've since moved to a new Windows install). It's definitely helpful.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Man this is such a good game. I have like 400 hours sunk into this game and prob will sink some more in the future. This game is truly one of the classics in my eyes. Great atmosphere, great music, great combat, even the feedback for combat is great. You can just see the love this small dev house had for this game.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users