Grim Dawn

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Haven't played in years but as far as I remember every char had pretty much at least one and usually 2 cheat death mechanic, some part of the classes, some from items, so yeah doesn't look particularly overpowered, there's a bunch of these iirc.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I know about a CC mechanic or invuln or two for the classes or movement ability in FG, but this refill hp if u go low on 2min CD is new to me. I beat FG and that was that, never really farmed end game hard during it. Lots of great new stuff.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I don’t remember any kind of auto-fully cheat death every two minutes type of abilities.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So checking the char builder website, probably missing some stuff but I remembered a few of them

The 3 classes with built in safety measures are Soldier(Menhir's Will), Demo(Blast Shield) and Oathkeeper(Resilience). These aren't like low hp per say but anytime you take a big hit and drop to half hp or so they'll proc and get you back. Then you had the Tortoise devotion, which does a similar thing. I feel there was another one that worked this way but honestly can't find it. Then for items you had Serenity(relic), Mark of Divinity(medal) and Mark of Unlife(medal too), Avatar of Mercy(amulet) and Azraka Sand(amulet, the one that's linked here), Shattered Guardian(set bonus) and then more specific items that can be used in some builds depending on classes like Fateweaver Mantle, Reaper of the Accursed, Inahskor's Head and Will of the Living.

The idea is you always had a couple of these "in case of" in your build to just not die whenever you got bursted down. Some of these might have been changed after I quit playing but I recognize several that I used myself.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
So checking the char builder website, probably missing some stuff but I remembered a few of them

The 3 classes with built in safety measures are Soldier(Menhir's Will), Demo(Blast Shield) and Oathkeeper(Resilience). These aren't like low hp per say but anytime you take a big hit and drop to half hp or so they'll proc and get you back. Then you had the Tortoise devotion, which does a similar thing. I feel there was another one that worked this way but honestly can't find it. Then for items you had Serenity(relic), Mark of Divinity(medal) and Mark of Unlife(medal too), Avatar of Mercy(amulet) and Azraka Sand(amulet, the one that's linked here), Shattered Guardian(set bonus) and then more specific items that can be used in some builds depending on classes like Fateweaver Mantle, Reaper of the Accursed, Inahskor's Head and Will of the Living.

The idea is you always had a couple of these "in case of" in your build to just not die whenever you got bursted down. Some of these might have been changed after I quit playing but I recognize several that I used myself.

Good reminder. The 100% gain on this thing is crazy as shit tho. You'd need like... lvl 29+ (out of 16 trainable so 29+/16) Menhir's will for that much of a regain.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Good reminder. The 100% gain on this thing is crazy as shit tho. You'd need like... lvl 29+ (out of 16 trainable so 29+/16) Menhir's will for that much of a regain.
Yeah but cooldown is longer and you don't get any other effects other than more regen after, while a bunch of the others also give you like dmg reduction and what not, which will make it so your normal regen will kick in and get you out of risk pretty quick.

But yeah it's very nice if you're playing HC for sure.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I was looking through my stuff and found all that xp gear I farmed from Lokarr, not on HC obviously. First time I fought him was a wake up call.

They have those community seasonal leaderboards on a mod where it removes ppl it detects cheating. I'll do one some day.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Grim Dawn is such a goddamn good game. Shame it doesn't have persistent server side multiplayer and leagues. Its honestly the best ARPG out there.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Those are small community driven events. Which is still cool, and worthwhile, but it's not developer driven with game enhancing features, new items, new mechanics, etc.

Khane

Also every time this thread gets bumped it makes me a little salty that this game has the single best itemization in any ARPG I've ever played and no other company has ever paid attention to it. It has all the set, unique, etc targeting other ARPGs have, and it has the random rare drops and loot explosions other ARPGs have.

But it also has the double and triple rare system.

And it has that beatifully simple and elegant rare targeting system. Want a certain base with a certain mod? Welp, there are mobs or alters or other things that you can target farm that drop that base with the mod you're after, on top of also being able to double or triple rare and give you other great rolls.

It's crafting through killing. Its magnificent.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Some of the perfect prefixed monster infrequents and greens are unreal, or give things for those slots nothing else does.

I have a vitality to cold conversion green belt, like 52% at that wtf lol

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I don't understand how every ARPG can't have the targeting system of Grim Dawn. Pretty much every other ARPG is literally unplayable after playing Grim Dawn because you have to manually click on each monster.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Yeah I don't understand how every ARPG can't have the targeting system of Grim Dawn. Pretty much every other ARPG is literally unplayable after playing Grim Dawn because you have to manually click on each monster.
Lol I turned that setting off at first and ended up playing for a few hours then quit. When I reinstalled, I realized the default targeting is so much better

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Grim Dawn is godlike for the most part. The only bad part is there are no good boss fights really. Almost everything is just face tanking, almost zero mechanics whatsoever. And obviously the whole no multiplayer thing kinda blows. The thing it does the absolute best at tho is melee. My poison/acid witch hunter and cold/phys melee sorc/assassin(i forget name...spellblade or something I think?) were a ton of fun. The melee felt super good in general.

Last edited: