Grim Dawn

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ah, yeah. I wrote cracked lodestone twice in the ingredients. Venom-tipped ammo is made form mutagenic ichors.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Highly suggest setting this to veteran and playing with pals 8)

You will get more out of your play through that's for sure

More named mobs, and its a lot harder

Citz

Silver Squire
You also can reset your devotion points just like your skill points at the same NPC.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Running the lazysummonerbuild and definitely enjoying this. Only level 22 at the moment but I do like the impact of some of the choices you're given.

Vorph

You also can reset your devotion points just like your skill points at the same NPC.
And if you run out of crystals, just do a warden run. The ones that spawn there scale to your level all the way to 60 and always drop them. (For those unaware, blue con mobs do not drop purple materials as of B29.)

Also, [ab]use the refund trick. Put a point in crossroads to unlock a constellation, say one that takes 1 blue and gives 5 blue when complete, then once you complete it refund the point in crossroads and the constellation will support itself.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Where the hell do I get more dynamite? The dudes in the mines won't drop any anymore, presumably because I'm too overleveled for them now?

Vorph

Buy it from Isaiah Reddan in Homestead. Assuming you didn't kill him, in which case you're fucked. You can still find some in the mine from breakables or just sitting on the ground, but it's annoying as hell.

Pro-tip for anyone not to that point yet: you will get a quest from a guy who got stabbed and wants you to go kill the dude who did it. DO NOT KILL HIM. If you talk to him first he explains was protecting his daughter from the quest giver, and if you kill him you lose out on the only merchant for dynamite as well as a few useful components that are much easier to buy than try to farm.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Running the lazysummonerbuild and definitely enjoying this. Only level 22 at the moment but I do like the impact of some of the choices you're given.
I love pet builds. Once I had a 'base' Occultist I liked I could never go back to a normal class. Before the summoner was released I had a level 50 Occultist, Occultist / Aracanist, and Occultist / Warrior. They were a blast, ended up just straight Occultist for most of my farming at the time. I meant to revisit after the shaman came out, but I have not gotten back to it for more than a few levels. Just having hellhound and briarthorn active at the same time was fun.

I think I had better read up on devotion and get this installed. Reading about it makes me want to finish out the story line, etc.

Vorph

Personally, I find it too passive a playstyle. Plus you have to deal with pet pathing (have fun on final boss, there's only enough room for one pet to hit it at a time) and at least at the level I got to the damage was mostly single target per pet.

This is what I'm playing:The Stormcaller - The ultimate power of Ultos (B28) - Grim Dawn Forums

Instead of permanent pets you get a tornado and totem (and now that I'm 60+ I've got the Briarthorn too) and a ton of self-buffs. The upside of having to recast them frequently is that you can have multiples of each out at the same time. They don't tank, but who cares when you've got Maiven's Sphere and everything gets AE'd down in seconds. And because they use player damage, your own spells actually hit really hard.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Unfortunately, your characters are saved on your computer so eventually, I'm assuming a lot of people will be cheating.

Multiplayer is not too bad but population is still a bit low for a healthy player base. There are still some sync issues sometimes. Also, the game scales up considerably in difficulty as player joins.
That's what happened with TQ. It was tons of fun on multiplayer but after a while you couldn't get a multiplayer game going without some guy joining who had a 9385838958438-1792989389583989 damage weapon.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I decided to try this out and ran a arc/solider to 22 and then was short some cash so decided to try a shaman/solider to 20.

Fucking early and all but i had got a lvl 17 blue epic 2 hander which is why i made shaman and i wanted to go big 2 hander damage. All points in primal strike & AE maul attack (wtf its called, hits 180 arc 25% of time plus lifesteal). Now getting solider's AE stun maxed as well so basically i have 2 stuns, one of which does 2k+ damage already and just rapes and then can ae auto attack to boot. My poor arc feels so weak hah.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Well, you do more damage than my occultist/demolitionist does at 35, so yea, not all builds are created equal.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Any suggestions on a damage build/2nd class with arc that has some synergy? Not liking my solider class and spent way to many points in mastery so going to reroll him.

Caliane

sold/arc? sold passives alone is great for arc.
and, if you go aetherray, you don't need anything else for damage. some aoe would help though(might not even need it with devotions giving aoe). tempest is often taken.

Crazily

N00b
Any suggestions on a damage build/2nd class with arc that has some synergy? Not liking my solider class and spent way to many points in mastery so going to reroll him.
I am Aracanist/soldier, only taking 1 point per level into soldier and doing basline + health passive, 1 point into blitz for movement, everything else into aoe/aetheray in arcanist and I blitz aroudn AOE bombing everything. I am 33 and able to kill 35-37 (37 with a few deaths).

intelnavi_sl

shitlord
Rerolled into a 2h ranged demo/soldier. Just autoattack and it aoes. Not sure how well my damage will keep up at later levels.

Pet build was boring so I'm now also trying a pox occultist/shaman, eventually into doombolt. It kills large groups very quickly, but if they touch you (especially a hardhitting boss) you blow up. Pox makes them hit harder and speeds them up so they can keep up with your kiting. Might have to invest in a slow at some point. I wish i could make pox explode on death and lifesteal for an ultimate lifesteal build (swarm, totem, lifesteal circle). Once I get higher I'll have to see what works out. %health damage just seems OP to me and should always scale well.