Grim Dawn

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
God damn this game is insane. Just did the epic Chtonic rift dungeon in Necropolis. Shit was ridiculous lol. I legit came within an inch of death more times than I can count. Been a long time since I've clenched my ass that hard in a game that isn't a moba. This game is seriously miles better than PoE/D3.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Just bought it. Over fallout after 80 hours the story and world are a bit bland compared to witcher 3.

Spark

Golden Knight of the Realm
I picked this up just before the sale ended. I went in with low expectations thinking it was just another cheap D3 clone....I couldn't have been more wrong. Definitely not D3, the gameplay has its own unique feel to it and I've certainly gotten my money's worth out of it. If you're on the fence about buying it like I was, give it a shot, it's easily worth the $25. I'm amazed at what they did with such a small team and budget.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Well don't forget the game is over four years late. That's what small teams and budgets do. The game is great though, it's kept me busy for years. My biggest complaint is the inventory space. I want a shared space with like 40 tabs, not 4. I like collecting the unique items, using them on oddball builds. Hopefully this is the first mod that comes out after they finally release next month.

Do those trainers allow you to rename characters? I'd like to rename my mains so they sort to the top, or same area. I have a bunch of alts that I'd rather not delete, but I may just do that if there's no way to rename without potentially messing my game up.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, fuck only having 4 stash tabs. I have a folder on my desktop called "Stashes" that I have a bunch of subfolders inside. "Epic Shit", "Emp. Epic Shit", "Legendary Shit", etc. with a transfer.gst file in each one.

You can even swap files while in game, as long as you make sure the stash window is closed. Just be really careful with your main stash file, and to be safe make a backup of it at least once a day.

(Stash file goes in My Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save\ )

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah that's how I manage my inventory now, it's annoying and slow.

Vorph

Alt-tab to desktop, drag and drop 2 files, alt-tab back into game, deposit/withdraw items, alt-tab to desktop, drag and drop 2 files, alt-tab back into game.

vs.

Log out, log back in and wait for loading screen, run from start spot to stash dude, deposit/withdraw items, log out, log back in and wait for loading screen, run from start spot to stash dude.

It's not even a contest, I can do the first one in less time than it takes to do the first three steps of the second. And that's even ignoring that you have to do a quest to even get a mule into town, or that they don't have any bags so they can't really hold shit, etc.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
hhaa. is that any faster/easier then just having mules? Doesnt sound it..
Yes it's much faster as you don't need to log out, put stuff in transfer, log out, log in and grab it, you just copy paste files while in game. It's not hard it's just annoying and it would much nicer if just built in to the game.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Vorph why are you dragging and dropping two files? You just need the one transfer.gst

Edit: I thought about it a sec, my bad, I'm guessing you're talking about your main transfer file.

Vorph

Yeah, back up main, copy over the junk storage, then reverse it when done. Always paranoid I'm going to wipe out my main stash one of these times, but I have a backup that's no more than a couple hours old at any given time.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Well don't forget the game is over four years late.
Grim dawn is absolutely positively not 4 years late. The kickstarter isn't even 4 years old yet. I don't know what the original promised release date was, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't before the kickstarter even launched.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, this is why you should never mention a release date, you'll always get screwed, especially if you do so before you release an alpha. But good info to know. I've actually backed them since may 2011.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Grim dawn is absolutely positively not 4 years late. The kickstarter isn't even 4 years old yet. I don't know what the original promised release date was, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't before the kickstarter even launched.
Yeah sorry, was thinking of an article that was talking about the game was supposed to be very playable in 2011 and wasn't. The Kickstarter promise date was 2013, so it's 2.5 years late as far as completion. Point still stands, it's a fantastic game but 2.5 years off the mark is a damn long time.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it is. I think they just overhyped that, and should have been quiet. I think we can all agree having a firm release date on such a large project is bound to be missed. It's not like they are just making a dozen videos or anything.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Well i was going to farm some epics and fucking for the 2nd time accidently moved and lost my quest file saves so decided to lvl a pure arc to 50 and do a beam build, THEN i can decided which of my 4 i want to take to end of elite (have a storm focused druid, DEE warlock, spellblade, and then arc who is 30 atm).

My question is....whats the best to pair an arc with. Should i make him a battle mage and just use solider to make myself have more survivaibility for elite/ultimate?

Caliane

I ended up going nightblade pairing. for the cunning, and aoe -cold resist aura.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well i was going to farm some epics and fucking for the 2nd time accidently moved and lost my quest file saves so decided to lvl a pure arc to 50 and do a beam build, THEN i can decided which of my 4 i want to take to end of elite (have a storm focused druid, DEE warlock, spellblade, and then arc who is 30 atm).

My question is....whats the best to pair an arc with. Should i make him a battle mage and just use solider to make myself have more survivaibility for elite/ultimate?
Arc / Sham seems to be tearing it up right now. Looks fun, I just haven't had the time.

The Stormcaller - The ultimate power of Ultos (B29 / Hardcore Approved / Ultimate Approved) - Grim Dawn Forums