Grim Dawn

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
What's the replayability on this game like? I'm jonesing for a non-D3 ARPG, but I'm hesitant to start this before it's "finished". Thoughts?
Game is great but a couple of problems. Bit buggy and rather poorly optimized and some people including myself experience a lot of crashing(mainly with multiplayer). There is no dedicated server so there's a lot of people duping super high end gear.

Spellbreaker nerfs really suck.
Spellbreakers are still insanely strong. Not sure how you can complain really since they only went from being game breakingly OP to just OP.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Broke into Act III in Ultimate, still going strong. Dinged 85, full devotion etc. I really enjoy Grasping Vines and Sigil of Consumption for proccing Devotions (Shepard's Call / Howl of Mogdrogen).

Gear drops have still been poor. But I am putting together an interesting set that have converted my pets into lighting delivery machines.

Mantle of the Patron Graceful Dusk
https://gracefuldusk.appspot.com/ite...lphat'Zoth

Two of those rings and the shoulder are pretty strong minus actual straight damage pet drops.

Thankfully(?), I don't play much multiplayer so I don't worry about item duping all that much. I do have multiple transfer stashes and develop my own storage system though so I am not super legit. I feel like most folks do that anyway.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I wouldn't feel bad about it, it's a shitty design to have 700 or so unique items, on top of random items, components(which aren't really a big deal anymore since they became stackable), pots, quest items, recipes, etc then only give you room to collect a small amount. Even people in the official forums who say they don't want a bigger stash size do the multiple transfer file route.

Doesn't make any sense to me, but the main Developer said when he plays games with big stashes he doesn't have the discipline to not store everything he finds, then he ends up stressed out about the mess. Personally I'd like to see stash tabs purchasable with Iron, so people like that can just choose not to buy more, and people without his problem have all the room they want for a price. One more thing to grind for in my opinion.

As it is now, I've been waiting impatiently for release and mod tools so it can be fixed.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Man where the loot at! Lvl 65 in elite and farming conley to get faction and done like 9-10 runs and got jack and shit. Daddy wants them lootz!!

Spark

Golden Knight of the Realm
I just started elite on my 51 demolitionist and at this point, my dps can't keep up with mob hps. I've seen 2 legends so far and both of those dropped near the endgame of veteran. Of course they're for other classes. Anyone have a suggestion for a good farming spot at this point in my game? I've got random set pieces but so far no set bonuses.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
So i just 1 shot the boss on ultimate with my lvl 77 Occ/Arch; sadly i got 2 whole epics the entire time on elite....drop rate seems fucking pathetic. Luckily i had a lvl 58 2 hander that was awesome for my Dreg build that has been destoying everything. Now that i got some of the def devitions and mirro maxxed i can face tank about anything.

I guess i never spent much time with D3 or similar games so not sure what i should expect but doing a full clear of elite and getting 2 epics to drop the entire time was dishearting. Any suggestions on best area to farm for them before i try ultimate?

turbo

Molten Core Raider
So tried out ultimate with my 85 warlock and finished Act 1 easy enough but figured i'd farm up and see what i get on elite to see if i want to try to get a few of my 50-55's done next. Farmed SoT for nemisis + post gate bosses for awhile and had a decent drop rate of epics when it was all said and done. Switched over to Conley + Nemisis farming and Fabious wasn't to bad but man 1 legendary in 5 nemisis's + 10 dungoen runs without make me a sad panda!

Any one more familiar with loot drops, of all the legendary's i've got i haven't seen one set piece, do these drop in certain areas/bosses etc? Was hoping to pick up some DREEG pieces etc for my warlock but like i said i haven't had 1 single armor set drop for any classes so was wondering what i might need to do different or just bad luck?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Level 75 items like Dreeg's set are extremely rare outside of ultimate. You should be seeing the level 68 sets on elite though.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Well abit disappointed that this point. I tried coming up with my own build that I thought would work alright in ultimate and have had really good luck so far but fucking abit disappointing clearing all content in the first 2 ACTS including both special dungoens in ACT 1 and 2 clears of SoT. Throw in 3 nemisis fights as well.....and ZERO legendarys. I had way better luck on elite and i thought ultimate was supposed to be 40% better. Hell in 2 SoT clears i think i only got 2 blues even.

I don't mind putting some work into things but ultimate is definitely not the complete easiest thing in the world to do and i'd expect 1 fucking upgrade in clearing half the game + 3 nem's + all the additional content. Oh well maybe these games just aren't for me, i love the gear and class combo's etc but if i put that much time and effort to be able to clear it plus clear it i expect at list an upgrade for an alt.....

I made a blade master but i focus everything in shadow step tree and blitz tree and combo those 2 moves with having rebuke. I actually put riftstone (voidstone?) on my rebuke as well so i have 3 teleports that are amongst the highest weapon damage scaling abilities in the game so i can port around almost non stop while doing huge dps bombs. Throw in war cry/night chill for some debuffs and solider passive/turn on abilities and he is fairly easy to live with some life steal items. To be fair over half the legendaries i've got playing the entire game up to this point fit the build really well so he is pretty well geared but i don't think i've died yet in ultimate and just blow shit up. Plus it has pretty fast clear just porting around the map.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'd give it a break until full release next month. I think they realize the drop rate is too low, I expect it will be tweaked.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
You need to realize that a lot of the drops are about crafting stuff and that you can make some pretty sweet gear through crafting. Legendary's are meant to be pretty rare but they do drop pretty frequently on ultimate if you farm log/sot/boc. Maybe single player is different though but I see lots of stuff dropping in 2-4 man groups and was able to deck out my blademaster pretty quickly.

First Play through, should I Build the Bridge headed to the marsh as soon as I can? what is in that zone? Cause Rite now its rather expensive for me. Also what is the Diffrence in the Two Black smiths I chose the Old guy? Any other Starter Tips you Pros have?

turbo

Molten Core Raider
First Play through, should I Build the Bridge headed to the marsh as soon as I can? what is in that zone? Cause Rite now its rather expensive for me. Also what is the Diffrence in the Two Black smiths I chose the Old guy? Any other Starter Tips you Pros have?
If i recall its lvl 35'ish content ( went low 20's if i recall and everything was till in 30+ but i did clear it all at that level. There is a shrine towards the end of the area and also a overland boss that drops a quest item for...i think the outcast chick or whatever that faction is right outside of Fort Ikon. You aren't missing anything at this point not doing it until you get to Fort Ikon and get the quest to get bone of__something from the chick, which you won't get that quest to talk to her until you finish most the Fort Ikon line anyway.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Also what is the Diffrence in the Two Black smiths I chose the Old guy? Any other Starter Tips you Pros have?
Each smith has a chance of adding their unique mods in the "random" enchant slots when you craft. The old guy is stuff like physical and bleed resist and his apprentice is more magically aligned with things like fire or cold damage/resist. It's overall an extremely small difference, and if you wanted to really min/max, you wouldn't craft at either act 1 smith anyway but instead at the act 3 or 4 smith for better mods. Pick whichever you want.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Each smith has a chance of adding their unique mods in the "random" enchant slots when you craft. The old guy is stuff like physical and bleed resist and his apprentice is more magically aligned with things like fire or cold damage/resist. It's overall an extremely small difference, and if you wanted to really min/max, you wouldn't craft at either act 1 smith anyway but instead at the act 3 or 4 smith for better mods. Pick whichever you want.
Sinzar you didn't play EQ way back in the day on lanys server as a monk in Conquest did you? Or am i thinking of a different name similar!

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Yes to EQ, but enchanter on Veeshan
smile.png

Falmer_sl

shitlord
Wish this game had an option for auto-pickup on crafting mats and a "loot everything in range" hotkey.

Shame they didn't go with randomly generated maps, feels like the replay value is gonna be pretty low.

Caliane

later maps seem to have greater variance in paths I think. some of there early ones, like Warden, and Cronley, are very simple in terms of path.