Grim Dawn

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Dot crits, nice. Tho most of them are super low duration, still should be fun. Game gets better and better

Caliane

The map is always identical. They block random pathways within that map but you can always get to everywhere.

Some changes coming in the next patch. All sounds good to me. Upped drop rates. New art looks great.

Grim Misadventure #89: Build 31 Preview - Grim Dawn Forums

yeah, but the map layouts are made with better dynamics on where those blocks are, and how the map is laid out around them, so paths are more varied.

Crazily

N00b
Been playing a lot of this, level 57 Blademaster, beat game on Vet, starting elite. Playing with a friend often so we trade loot etc, pretty great game overall!

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got a pretty huge kickstarter email last night:

Well, ladies and gentlemen, we are finally nearing the end of the first and longest leg of this epic journey. Thinking of all the support we received from backers on KS to help make this possible, I felt this would be the most fitting place to first announce the release date. Grim Dawn will be officially released from Early Access this Thursday February 25th!
Additionally, Build 31 with it's monumental change log, just went live and you can experience the full game right now as it prepares to disembark from Early Access forever. It?s been almost seven years of my life completing this game and it?s rather surreal that it?s finally here. I?m not sure I believe it.

My routine for so long as been to wake up and go work on Grim Dawn until it?s time to go to bed. I started this single and childless and now I?m married with two kids (I guess Jeff Goldblum was right ? life finds a way). The project waxed and waned and waxed again as early volunteers joined up but then drifted off, I found myself working alone some days and things ground to a crawl, then KS gave it a kick in the ass and we were off again with new team members. This went from a crazy dream I knew was against the odds to the current reality of a 10-person team. I struggled through PayPal freezing our first crowd-funding account, lead poisoning, the passing of family members, all manner of technical and hiring challenges. It?s almost hard to believe looking back on it all.

We?ve delivered a lot of content beyond the promise of our Kickstarter, including an extra Act, a sixth class, major gameplay systems such as devotion and many more hours of gameplay than we originally talked about. Thanks to the success of Grim Dawn in Early Access, we?ve also been able to add VO for main quest dialog and an animated intro trailer, which are included in the new build.
I say this journey is only nearing the end because, even with the completion of Grim Dawn, we still have some work ahead of us. Shortly after the full release or maybe even along with it, if we can manage it, we will release the DRM-free build and virtual rewards. I?m currently emailing with the folks at Humble Store to figure out how to set that up. They have a nice system for facilitating the distribution of KS rewards now? unfortunately, we were one of their first pre-existing clients to run a KS, so our data / configuration on their system is a bit convoluted and we?re trying to figure out the best way to release things. I?m hoping we?ll have that set up within a week though.

The virtual goods have all been finished and are also just waiting for us to set up the distribution for them. Basically, we have a bunch of logistical stuff to sort though. We?ve also began producing physical rewards, beginning with the map and poster. We?ve prepared the final art for that and are currently talking to a print shop. The Boxed copies will come later since we?ll need to take the final build and master discs from it. We also need to find someone to produce the box. That and omg, I need to write the Crate Story? that?s going to be quite a tale.

Following release and whatever bug-fixing and polish work we still need to do, work will begin on future updates, modding tool release, Survival Mode (actual name yet to be decided) and the expansion. I?d be sad to see the end of Grim Dawn, fortunately, this isn?t the end. There is more Grim Dawn to come and also we may see the start of new things in the coming months.
It?s fantastic to come out of this with not only a complete game that?s bigger and better than I dared imagined it would be but also a team and company on solid footing,capable to launching new projects on our own. I sincerely and heartily thank you all for the part you played in making this happen. I hope you enjoy all of the hard work and passion that went into, not only completing this game but filling it with tons of details, lore, secrets and personal touches.

Until next time ? good hunting
- Arthur and the Crate Team

Tonic_sl

shitlord
I picked it up today and played a couple of hours. Pretty solid game. I knew nothing about it and haven't read anything on it other than it came out via Kickstarter. Happy with the purchase thus far.

Jesus Just made it past first difficulty with my pure soilder tank, got to about the second or third shrine in the next difficulty and it spawned a poison boss that one shots me holy shit, I have made it this far with out ever dropping below half health this is kind of alarming lol!

Protip: Buy a stock of dynamite before restarting your newgame+

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I put alot of hours into this when i tried back in B27-B29, i really enjoyed the game mechanics and play but the drop rates were so stupidly low it felt for legendary that I made the mistake of finally downloading the tool to modify your character and add items. Unfortunately i can't unring that bell and some werid fucking thing in my mind stops letting me enjoy the game even if i stop using it knowing that other people can/are cheating etc. Dumb but alas...can't trick ones mind from thinking what it wants!

I'd probably jump back in instantly if they put out a server that wasn't hackable. I've never really played ladders or anything on these games (was never a D2/D3 player etc) but I would like a cheat free environment. I had made such a sick build that combo'd maxed nightshade teleport ability which hits for a fucking truck combined with a weapon rune that gave ability for a teleport (void rift?) and I basically was just running around ultimate insta porting between mobs and blowing them up. I really like the games flexiability to allow you make up some different unique builds. Glancing at the changes looks like they addressed alot of past concerns and definitely sounds like they made the loot treadmill abit more fair without completely handing it out.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Jesus Just made it past first difficulty with my pure soilder tank, got to about the second or third shrine in the next difficulty and it spawned a poison boss that one shots me holy shit, I have made it this far with out ever dropping below half health this is kind of alarming lol!

Protip: Buy a stock of dynamite before restarting your newgame+
You can always change the difficulty back to normal if you need to get something (dynamite) from it, the difficulties are stored on your character independently. New game + doesn't reset your game.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Gear sharing in games with pals makes getting shit way way easier. To the point a few pals think I had to have cheated building my warlock... at least I have my witnesses 8).

I'd love a "legit only" ladder. But this has already been a monumental struggle and effort for a guy who at times worked completely solo. I hope he gets some.money thrown at him so things like that can exist in the (reportedly planned) expac.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Some friends got into this game, and want me to join up. Suggestions for a starting class? Up for anything, but something unique, compared to Diablo 3 would be nice.

Thanks.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Everything is viable tbh

My next alt is going to be a cadence rifle soldier with max flash bang 8)

There's even a damn set for it (Valdun)

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Everything is viable tbh

My next alt is going to be a cadence rifle soldier with max flash bang 8)

There's even a damn set for it (Valdun)
Does everyone get AoE, like Diablo? Started out with sword and shield like normal, and almost immediately got a 2 handed bluderbuss and was lighting dudes up! Found the area by boat that had Naga looking things. They were higher level than me by quite a bit, but just kited them around and killed the whole island. Got some loot I can't use yet. lol. I'm a huge fan of the skill based combat. I know it's not huge in this game, but it was neat that I could still kill things 5 levels higher than me just by using some strategy.