GTA V RP

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I think Doyle is doing this as a wake up call to the Leanbois. Nothing else seems to get through to them. They have zero patience. I don't think he will die in this case. Just going to sweat them a bit.

Outside of some time in jail, and hefty fines there really was no consequence at taking pot shots at police. That just changed in a big way.

They either get their act together as criminals, or go straight. They better be prepared to lose their beloved characters, and as Kiroy brought up, Classy can RP like a boss, and write a character off on a whim. Buddha, from the few times he's run an alt, was pretty weak.

Ya I agree, but the flip side is that if the leanboys doing the thoughtless crimes give the cops some pretty good entertainment. If they completely destroy the leanboys (which I think they're going to), it's gonna get a little boring for everyone. We'll see what happens.

Tolwen

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah I'm not sure I would watch without Leanbois. I know this is for RP but it's funny the Eli/cops side feeling good right now going after the bad guys. But the other side does not seem to be liking this heh. I don't know what the balance is for all of this stuff though.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ya I agree, but the flip side is that if the leanboys doing the thoughtless crimes give the cops some pretty good entertainment. If they completely destroy the leanboys (which I think they're going to), it's gonna get a little boring for everyone. We'll see what happens.

I don't think they mind the mindless crimes to an extent. Eli confirmed the real issue is they have no value on their lives, or police lives. They have ambushed police several times in the past. Fine to RP that way, but have to realize you are going to have a short life span in that scenario.

They honestly could rob banks every day, and never get the 9's. Issue is cop targeting.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think they mind the mindless crimes to an extent. Eli confirmed the real issue is they have no value on their lives, or police lives. They have ambushed police several times in the past. Fine to RP that way, but have to realize you are going to have a short life span in that scenario.

Ya true. We'll see how it plays out.

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Guy is probably wasted, I think he's got some PTSD from his brother dying or something and channels it into power-tripping on 20-somethings in GTA online.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Had no issue with Eli stalking the Leanbois. Thank Peter for that as he fucked up, and went on record saying the Leanbois were an organized gang, and named names. RICO in effect for these guys, and any gang members. Add to it they go by California state law which has some on the toughest policies in place to take gangs down.

The issue I had is it appeared Eli fail RP'D by /fixing his car in an RP situation, big no no. He was being rammed by Nino's vehicle, and ignored him, and rear ended Saab twice, and when Saab finally pulled over to figure out what's going on, shit storm by Eli ensued, and ran Saab off.

I hope it's just Eli trying to take the RP to another level, but he definitely crossed some lines, on a server he touts as not wanting dirty cops on.

He streamed a ton this past week, he needs to step away a day or two.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Watched timmac put on his car show and drifting comp. Remembered why I stopped watching him. He's such a bitter crybaby bitch.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
I was watching Selvek(Jeff Connors) during that, and I can totally imagine Tims chat stroking his ego and running down every other car/driver there. Much as I don't care to watch him, have to to give props that he provides the power fantasy character that appeals to a lot of people.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Doyle confirmed not dead. Message sent to Leanbois. They were turning it into Arma.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The lack of permadeath with all this is what makes it somewhat lame. It adds virtually no weight or consequence to anything.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The lack of permadeath with all this is what makes it somewhat lame. It adds virtually no weight or consequence to anything.

This was nothing more than reeling in the wild west mentality that popped up again with the Leanbois. It's clear they want to keep their characters. Nothing was getting through to them to not do outrageously stupid stuff. The threat of losing their characters should cure what was going on with them the past week. They gave no fucks. Fine play it that way, but realize you will lose your character.

Doyle apparently got an IRL death threat over this too.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
And Doyle is dead...well, things about to get even crazier me thinks.

lol pretty good troll by finkone, and now he's RP'n some major ptsd, pretty funny.

I enjoy watching multiple RP streamers but some people just get too into this shit. The only time I get salty is when I watch timmac act like a little bitch when his char doesn't win.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Doyle's dad coming out of nowhere randomly coincidentally dying during the course of some pretty heated RP events is some pretty weak shit from a story point of view.

Its like the streamer RP equivalent of
lol-i-troll-you1.png

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, I get the point about trying to pull the reins on some of the server antics, but I'm on the side of wishing he would have died, just cheapens the whole thing from a story point.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Doyle's dad coming out of nowhere randomly coincidentally dying during the course of some pretty heated RP events is some pretty weak shit from a story point of view.

Its like the streamer RP equivalent of
View attachment 148997

ya kinda but he was saying he just couldn't figure out what else he'd roleplay. I don't blame him, not many people can rock multiple chars like classy. This shit is all off the cuff, we're not watching game of thrones here.

• 1Like

Intropy

Shit Gamer
ya kinda but he was saying he just couldn't figure out what else he'd roleplay. I don't blame him, not many people can rock multiple chars like classy. This shit is all off the cuff, we're not watching game of thrones here.

Yeah, fair enough. Nonetheless, you'd think these guys would get together at the end of each day, hop on a private Discord for 15mins and have an OOC de-brief on each days events and kind of outline rough plans for how major storylines might progress. Especially given it seems like most of these people have their money/livelihoods wrapped in this stuff at this point.

In any case, I'm in it for maximising entertainment and having one side with too much power leads to stagnation. On the other hand though, having a full server meltdown is the ultimate drama/entertainment machine so we can always hope for that if things don't work out.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Eli fucking losing it on twitter, accusing buddha of powergaming and meta because he checked the player list (something everyone always does all the time). Dayum, losing lots of respect. It's been downhill for him since the beginning and I've got a little bit of a suspicion he gets into the bottle a little too often and that's why he loses it. Happened on stream a few times too when he gets to drinking.

I'm going to predict that this is going to end with the eli / timmick / proxy crew pretty much banning the leanboys from the server. May be time for the factions to split anyways. I'd rather watch RP with a little more action to be honest (other than some exceptions like moon or classy).

Might be time for the leanboys to get a whitelist server going with nopixel style rules.

Last edited: