GTA V RP

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
ya oops - they are literally selling tickets into the server, and then selling in game money for irl money in that server. literal shark cards

I'm guessing koil is over it and wants to cash out, but not sure he's thought it through because if they wanted to, they could sue the shit out of him and take everything he's ever made off nopixal

xqc better not be involved in the money side of that shit either because he'd be putting his whole brand at risk
It's pretty apparent that Koil is solely in this for the money. He has made that very clear with various comments on-stream in the past.

Problem for him is that this is a fucktarded way to go about it and WAY too public. It's always fucking greed....

xQc just spent like 2 weeks doing fucking gambling streams, lmao. I'm pretty sure this won't do shit to his brand, even if he were somehow implicated.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
It's pretty apparent that Koil is solely in this for the money. He has made that very clear with various comments on-stream in the past.

Problem for him is that this is a fucktarded way to go about it and WAY too public. It's always fucking greed....

xQc just spent like 2 weeks doing fucking gambling streams, lmao. I'm pretty sure this won't do shit to his brand, even if he were somehow implicated.

it won't hurt his brand with his audience, but if he's taking money from this, rockstar could go after him too - he's the public server "star" that's driving the insane amount of cash koil has rolling in right now

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If Rockstar views it as it fucking with their Shark card money train, it's going to be GGS for NoPixel and whomever else is getting a cut of the money. They will be sued out of existence. It'll just take one of the bigger websites to do a story about it to catch Rockstar's eye.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
If Rockstar views it as it fucking with their Shark card money train, it's going to be GGS for NoPixel and whomever else is getting a cut of the money. They will be sued out of existence. It'll just take one of the bigger websites to do a story about it to catch Rockstar's eye.

rockstar and their lawyers follow nopixal already - they tried to hire koil and some of the others that have worked with him on np but koil apparently was happy with what he was doing and said that they said he was good doing donations only since it was selling so many copies of their game. Being in the twitch top 5 category as an 8 year old game and keeping sales up is nice for them

but ya, this public server almost copied shark cards exactly

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, half of the "big" streamers are playing on the public server now too, which is just going to end up fracturing both communities. This really does feel like a big cash out until they get a letter from Rockstar.

Araxen

Yeah, half of the "big" streamers are playing on the public server now too, which is just going to end up fracturing both communities. This really does feel like a big cash out until they get a letter from Rockstar.

They are playing on it today because it's the shiny new thing. Usually pub servers end up not being that great. Who knows though, Milton rolled up Kiki as a cop today on it, and was really in to it. This one might have more longevity as an alternate reality server.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Interested to see how they manage to maintain all the policing and stuff on the server, that was the death knell of the TFRP public server from what I remember. NoPixel fortunately has a ton of police and a lot of people interested.

I don't think this really affects the private server much at all in the long term (it's already been kinda slow lately), legalities aside, and I'll leave the latter for actual lawyers. If there's no C&D in the next couple days then it's not coming.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
(it's already been kinda slow lately)
Well, that's because a lot of the big streamers fucked off to play Minecraft and WoW for a while (or got banned, in the case of xQc). Problem is, the more people that fracture over to the public server, the more the private server will die off. And unless they then all go back en masse to the private server, a lot of these guys from other games will just fuck off back to their "usual" game.

It's just a dumb thing to do for the future health of the server. Not to mention the possible legal implications.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's basically just the Blocks but on another server. It's really funny that most of the established people are going as Cops though because they know all the stream sniping kiddies are going to try and be crims.

It'll be funny for like a week or two until it becomes CoD and every conversation ends with a gun fight.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It's basically just the Blocks but on another server. It's really funny that most of the established people are going as Cops though because they know all the stream sniping kiddies are going to try and be crims.

It'll be funny for like a week or two until it becomes CoD and every conversation ends with a gun fight.
lol.. speaking of Blocks. Penta remade Jordan Steele, but since everyone was playing a shitlord cop atm he felt the character was useless. So he just made Mike Block on the public server.

Araxen

lol.. speaking of Blocks. Penta remade Jordan Steele, but since everyone was playing a shitlord cop atm he felt the character was useless. So he just made Mike Block on the public server.

The thing is Ashlynn wouldn't go along with it. I love Ashlynn, but she shouldn't have hopped on to the public server. It's kind of a FFA atm, and you can play a semi-corrupt cop. She didn't get it.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The thing is Ashlynn wouldn't go along with it. I love Ashlynn, but she shouldn't have hopped on to the public server. It's kind of a FFA atm, and you can play a semi-corrupt cop. She didn't get it.
Yeah, I think some of them want the public server to be taken seriously. Koil even talked about the public server characters may get picked to move to the private one. However, everyone was just having fun with it and letting loose. I wonder, if after a few days, they start clamping down. I wanted to try and get my toes wet with RP there, but it's worse than most of the other RP servers atm.

Araxen

Yeah, I think some of them want the public server to be taken seriously. Koil even talked about the public server characters may get picked to move to the private one. However, everyone was just having fun with it and letting loose. I wonder, if after a few days, they start clamping down. I wanted to try and get my toes wet with RP there, but it's worse than most of the other RP servers atm.
I'm pretty sure there will be a clamp down, it's just FFA now. It's pretty fun to watch, but eventually there has to be a semi-seriousness too it if anyone is ever going to be promoted.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I at least managed to sneak on after Tsunami for a couple of hours. Made my character and then grabbed a vehicle to practice some driving. Sucks cuz I didn't have much time to play at that time. I'm paranoid about my headset since I don't have some fancy mic. Don't wanna sound like a day one Andy.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Was looking through some youtube stuff and came across this. Penta, Hobbittrash, and MoonMoon are the only people I am subbed too atm. lol

• 1Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Was looking through some youtube stuff and came across this. Penta, Hobbittrash, and MoonMoon are the only people I am subbed too atm. lol
Penta would be a lot cooler if he wasn't a giant manbaby that can't take fucking Ls. Moon and Hobbit are pretty great though.