Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Malcolm_sl

shitlord
Ninja Paltrow is not ideal, I give you that but I definitely think that the writing and story with how Stark has to deal with his inner demons was entertaining. Thor 2 dropped the ball with scenes not involving the professor and the assistant and to be honest I did not even think to compare the first Thor to the second. But yeah, Cap 2 was fun to watch.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
This should do fine, doesn't seem like it will have any other movies to really compete with it. Lucy and Hercules are both releasing a week before, but not much else around.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
so how is this gonna work? start with star lord doing some thieving, getting caught by nova corps, gets transfer to xandar, somehow he has to assemble a ragtag group of ppl and nova corps is gonna lessen their jail time, while on route to mission, tell entire life stories. GotG are successful, go back to xandar, it's destroyed by thanos/ronan?,get captured, escape, they have to get back an infinity gem, which was all starlords fault in the first place, and they end with their new base of operations on nowhere.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It sounds like they are already a team when they are captured. Otherwise he wouldn't say, "They call themselves the Guardians of the Galaxy." They'll just get busted as a group, and then pressed into service by Glenn Close, probably for leniency/pardons.

Whatever the timeline, I'm certain it will be awesome.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
This is the only movie coming out the rest of the summer that I'm going to see in the theater. Kind of a lame movie season really. What happened to all the best shit being released from Memorial day to roughly July 14th? Feh

spronk

FPS noob
jupiter ascending & need for speed 7 were pushed to next year

next year is gonna be insane tho if nothing gets pushed back. Star Wars. James Bond. Avengers. Pirates of the Carribean. Batman v Superman. Prometheus 2. World of Warcraft. Assassins Creed. New Pixar. Terminator 5. Fantastic 4. Jurassic World. Mad Max. Mission Impossible 5. New Bourne?

sheeeit i feel like I need to be more fucking careful this winter so i don't die and shit

Sterling

El Presidente
jupiter ascending & need for speed 7 were pushed to next year

next year is gonna be insane tho if nothing gets pushed back. Star Wars. James Bond. Avengers. Pirates of the Carribean. Batman v Superman. Prometheus 2. World of Warcraft. Assassins Creed. New Pixar. Terminator 5. Fantastic 4. Jurassic World. Mad Max. Mission Impossible 5. New Bourne?

sheeeit i feel like I need to be more fucking careful this winter so i don't die and shit
That's a lot of movies but a bunch of them are probably going to be awful.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This is the only movie coming out the rest of the summer that I'm going to see in the theater. Kind of a lame movie season really. What happened to all the best shit being released from Memorial day to roughly July 14th? Feh
I disagree, there has been a ton of big movies this year and its not even july.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Depending on how well Lucy is received that might be a solid indication of whether GotG will be a contender or not. The Sci-fi genre is just so iffy you have to bank on either the Marvel franchise or actors from the Marvel franchise (and Morgan Freeman)

Oldbased

> Than U
How the hell did Prometheus 2 get the green light? That movie was fucking abysmal.
Production Budget: $130 million
Worldwide: $403,354,469
Total Domestic Video Sales $42,401,765

Fucking abysmal indeed.

Ahhh I rustled some neck beard's Jimmy with a neg rep.
The movie cost 130 million to make, it made over 445 million. It is asked why a 2nd gets a green light. There lies the answer.
Rustle on asshole.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I always thought

had the perfect Rocket Raccoon voice. It just seems so right and so arrogant and so awesome.