Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
vin-diese-groot-stilts.jpg

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Groot and Rocket were the stars. Really fun movie, and I agree that Drax's nickname should be the punching bag.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Loved the movie, it was really well done.
BUT. The mistreatment of the entire Nova Corps is a little too much for me to handle. I love Nova and Richard Rider and they just basically took a shit on everything that marvel comics spent decades building. Now everyone knows the nova corps as these fat guys with curly hair that are basically useless, who's leader NOVA PRIME is a fucking impotent old woman. When in actuality Nova Prime is arguably one of the strongest people in the Universe. Xandar and the Xandarian WorldMind are fucking non-existent. Nova Corp using guns and space ships, really? Is it that difficult to just stick to the source material? How about instead of doing a bitch net with the useless fucking ships Glen Close gets her cunt ass out there and destroys some of the ships with her Centurions. Since you know they really don't need a central command center thanks to the worldmind. Nah lets just continue with our system decontruction of the Nova Corps. Why not?

I really don't care that they killed off Ronan was always kind of a boring character to me, just really cannot forgive what they did to the Nova Corps. Also really with the tear jerking moment of groot/rocket was eye rolling through that entire shit. ALSO THE GREATEST INJUSTICE OF ALL WHY DID THEY MAKE COSMO A FUCKING CHOCOLATE LAB? BULLSHIT POLITICAL CORRECTNESS FUCKING A. Also fuck howard the duck

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Definitely my favorite Marvel film thus far until I get to see Doc Strange. It rivals real close to Cap 2, honestly think its better but they both deliver much different things. Very much a fan of the whole scifi adventure, and it delivers. Originally thinking Captain America is relatively boring in the cinematic univ, Cap 2 makes him feel relevant through his interaction with others, while Guardians brings a ragtag group together with very little origin story and straight into action/adventure. Groot and Rocket arguably stole the show from talking with my friends, but Starlord was it for me but i'm a huge fun of that archetype. Bartisa was perfect for Drax, but he did feel underwhelming as a character, was he not able to go toe to toe with some powerful beings in the comic? even the likes of the hulk?

Only thing that bugged me, and is probably really really minor.
When Yondu is picking up his idols after getting shot down, if i'm not mistaking Korath orders the necros to attack him. It then cuts to Yandu busting out the arrow and destroying the whole army, but then Korath was no where to be found. I was originally expecting a small battle between the two, unless I just imagined the whole thing and the necros just decided to attack right off. Would of been weird if they did fight because between the two there couldn't really be a winner, but maybe just an awkward cut?

Also, kinda sad Nova seemed underwhelming, but ending scene w/ Dey and family makes me think they'll be kicking right into Rider's Nova

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Definitely my favorite Marvel film thus far until I get to see Doc Strange. It rivals real close to Cap 2, honestly think its better but they both deliver much different things. Very much a fan of the whole scifi adventure, and it delivers. Originally thinking Captain America is relatively boring in the cinematic univ, Cap 2 makes him feel relevant through his interaction with others, while Guardians brings a ragtag group together with very little origin story and straight into action/adventure. Groot and Rocket arguably stole the show from talking with my friends, but Starlord was it for me but i'm a huge fun of that archetype. Bartisa was perfect for Drax, but he did feel underwhelming as a character, was he not able to go toe to toe with some powerful beings in the comic? even the likes of the hulk?

Only thing that bugged me, and is probably really really minor.
When Yondu is picking up his idols after getting shot down, if i'm not mistaking Korath orders the necros to attack him. It then cuts to Yandu busting out the arrow and destroying the whole army, but then Korath was no where to be found. I was originally expecting a small battle between the two, unless I just imagined the whole thing and the necros just decided to attack right off. Would of been weird if they did fight because between the two there couldn't really be a winner, but maybe just an awkward cut?

Also, kinda sad Nova seemed underwhelming, but ending scene w/ Dey and family makes me think they'll be kicking right into Rider's Nova
According to James Gunn there is no Nova movie in prep. and a shit ton of Nova stuff was cut from the movie including the Nova Force. He also hinted at how "there's more to the nova corps than people think, rank wise." So he could be referring to how all of the nova in the movie are actually just Corpsman rather than Centurions but still the complete lack of Nova Force and the use of spaceships and guns is just fucking retarded. Also impotent Nova Prime has to be the biggest injustice I've seen in a comic book movie to date.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm not sure I've ever been more entertained by a movie than I was with this. Holy shit was this movie good, it's my new favorite Marvel movie and defiantly now one of my favorites period.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
According to James Gunn there is no Nova movie in prep. and a shit ton of Nova stuff was cut from the movie including the Nova Force. He also hinted at how "there's more to the nova corps than people think, rank wise." So he could be referring to how all of the nova in the movie are actually just Corpsman rather than Centurions but still the complete lack of Nova Force and the use of spaceships and guns is just fucking retarded. Also impotent Nova Prime has to be the biggest injustice I've seen in a comic book movie to date.
I am really hoping Marvel fixes this with an actual Nova movie. I could see the whole deal of it just being Corpsman but that doesn't explain pussified Rhomann Dey. I don't think they could do the Nova Corps justice in GotG 2 unless Thanos comes for the stone, wipes out everyone except Richard Rider, and then goes from there. I suppose without a lot of background, Richard Rider could still be a fan favorite with his quirky and guns blazing attitude, similar to Peter Quill.

I just don't know what Marvel seems to have against Richard Rider's Nova. Disappears in the comics for fucking ever and doesn't even throw the fans a bone, hopefully he'll be returning next month but who knows if that is what will really happen. I'd hate to see him comeback as some Thanos pawn and then get portrayed that way in the movies as well. I might actually hate that movie if that is the case. #comicbooknerdproblems

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I mean it kinda makes sense why Nova doesn't have a whole lot of impact, it would just add a bit of a cluster of cast if they had it. It would of just been nice to have a simple explanation regarding why Nova didn't have what it should of had, just to fill void to fans, they own the IP after all(maybe even explaining that most the centurions were off hunting Ronan across the universe when Prime was talking about the whole breaking of the Kree treaty.) Even if a Nova movie isn't in the woodworks, hearing Nova Centurion wouldn't put people into a full panic attack. Kinda like how they dropped Doc Strange in Cap 2, that was a alittle more left field but with Nova and mentioned Centurion or why the power isn't there ever so slightly would of still been within realm. With Dey in the picture, I mean the whole Richard Rider plot is in place, whether it will happen or not is hard to say but the sheer success so far wouldn't be too far off putting to have him make an appearance, esp him being in the toy line you'd figure something will happen regarding him. Not only that, they went out of their way to highlight his family with its own small scene which makes me think, that they might actually get killed setting in the whole Rider Nova. It did feel like the over Nova and Xandar plot was just not there, even just name bombing it, I would at least feel that there was something going on behind the whole thing beyond the overall Guardians/Reavers/Kree.

tl;dr Makes sense why it wasn't there(focus was mostly Guardians, Kree, and Reavers), but just to neglect it outright doesn't seem fair

edit; they'll also need some sort of help from a cosmic entity against Thanos for Avengers 3, and I doubt it will solely be Guardians

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am really hoping Marvel fixes this with an actual Nova movie. I could see the whole deal of it just being Corpsman but that doesn't explain pussified Rhomann Dey. I don't think they could do the Nova Corps justice in GotG 2 unless Thanos comes for the stone, wipes out everyone except Richard Rider, and then goes from there. I suppose without a lot of background, Richard Rider could still be a fan favorite with his quirky and guns blazing attitude, similar to Peter Quill.

I just don't know what Marvel seems to have against Richard Rider's Nova. Disappears in the comics for fucking ever and doesn't even throw the fans a bone, hopefully he'll be returning next month but who knows if that is what will really happen. I'd hate to see him comeback as some Thanos pawn and then get portrayed that way in the movies as well. I might actually hate that movie if that is the case. #comicbooknerdproblems
I'm interested to see what they'll do with him, I believe they said the mid august release of Original Sin will tell what happened to Rich but I'm not holding my breath on it doing any justice to the character. Marvel has continually fucked him in the ass for the past couple years and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I got really excited for this movie when I saw Nathan Fillion cast because you'd THINK that he would be a prefect fucking fit for Rich but nooooo he's some stupid fucking blue alien in a prison for <30 seconds. Cock suckers. Some day we'll get justice and Sam will die in a fucking fire.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Not just a head in the exposition scene...

Didn't expect Celestials to be a thing in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. That was cool. o_O

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean it kinda makes sense why Nova doesn't have a whole lot of impact, it would just add a bit of a cluster of cast if they had it. It would of just been nice to have a simple explanation regarding why Nova didn't have what it should of had, just to fill void to fans, they own the IP after all(maybe even explaining that most the centurions were off hunting Ronan across the universe when Prime was talking about the whole breaking of the Kree treaty.) Even if a Nova movie isn't in the woodworks, hearing Nova Centurion wouldn't put people into a full panic attack. Kinda like how they dropped Doc Strange in Cap 2, that was a alittle more left field but with Nova and mentioned Centurion or why the power isn't there ever so slightly would of still been within realm. With Dey in the picture, I mean the whole Richard Rider plot is in place, whether it will happen or not is hard to say but the sheer success so far wouldn't be too far off putting to have him make an appearance, esp him being in the toy line you'd figure something will happen regarding him. Not only that, they went out of their way to highlight his family with its own small scene which makes me think, that they might actually get killed setting in the whole Rider Nova. It did feel like the over Nova and Xandar plot was just not there, even just name bombing it, I would at least feel that there was something going on behind the whole thing beyond the overall Guardians/Reavers/Kree.

tl;dr Makes sense why it wasn't there(focus was mostly Guardians, Kree, and Reavers), but just to neglect it outright doesn't seem fair

edit; they'll also need some sort of help from a cosmic entity against Thanos for Avengers 3, and I doubt it will solely be Guardians
Really though, the fact that they casted John C. Fucking Riley for Rhomann Dey leaves me extremely fucking disappointed. Sure they did put emphasis on his family in this movie, even so much that it seemed out of place. So to have Zorr come and slaughter them+him would be outstanding. That does give me some hope that it wont all be bad.