Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I'm interested to see what they'll do with him, I believe they said the mid august release of Original Sin will tell what happened to Rich but I'm not holding my breath on it doing any justice to the character. Marvel has continually fucked him in the ass for the past couple years and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I got really excited for this movie when I saw Nathan Fillion cast because you'd THINK that he would be a prefect fucking fit for Rich but nooooo he's some stupid fucking blue alien in a prison for <30 seconds. Cock suckers. Some day we'll get justice and Sam will die in a fucking fire.
Haha so true. It is pretty obvious why Sam's Nova is selling so well.. because he is riding the coattails of Rich's Nova. No way would Sam be as popular if Rich hadn't lead the way and was such a badass. Of course Sam's Nova will sell well, its apart of current storyline's that involve all of the popular Marvel heroes such are the Avengers, GotG, The Thunderbolts, Dr Strange, and so on. Plus he fills the void of having no Nova, albeit not as good as his predecessor, its better than nothing.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haha so true. It is pretty obvious why Sam's Nova is selling so well.. because he is riding the coattails of Rich's Nova. No way would Sam be as popular if Rich hadn't lead the way and was such a badass. Of course Sam's Nova will sell well, its apart of current storyline's that involve all of the popular Marvel heroes such are the Avengers, GotG, The Thunderbolts, Dr Strange, and so on. Plus he fills the void of having no Nova, albeit not as good as his predecessor, its better than nothing.
I don't really subscribe to the better than nothing theory, it's wasted space. They're creating a different branch of the Corps and fleshing it out with a little kid at the helm rather than just furthering the story line that was just BARELY regaining ground after Annihlation. It makes no sense really other than Jeph Loeb wanted to create a shitty character to resemble his dead son. They had a perfectly good character that was loved by shit tons of people and just decided to ditch it, while for some reason bringing back Star Lord and Thanos. It's bullshit. The biggest fuckfest of this entire thing was the Marvel Heroes video game. They were going to add Sam, then they changed it to Richard, then back to Sam, then they just said fuck it and added no Nova all while that was happening MVC added Richard as Nova in their game. This company has no fucking idea what they want to do with him and it's pathetic.

It makes me feel absolutely no remorse about pirating comics rather than buying them.

Dis

Confirmed Male
Saw it, loved it. Want to see it again. How much shit got cut out of the movie, is it like LotR cuts where it would extend the movie another hour?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i haven't read many spoilers (waiting to watch movie with wife) but i see many "nova corps wtf", to give ppl more reference nova corps are supposed to be the green lanterns of marvel.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
No fuck face, they're not meant to be the green lanterns of Marvel and that's a terrible way to describe them.

spronk

FPS noob
as a non comic reader I thought nova corp was short for Nova Corporation and that entire solar system was run like a company by the old chick from 101 dalmations

chris pratt is definitely blowing up, he's gonna be in Jurassic World next

the music in GOTG was awesome too, spotify has put up the vol 1 mixtape
Spotify

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
as a non comic reader I thought nova corp was short for Nova Corporation and that entire solar system was run like a company by the old chick from 101 dalmations

chris pratt is definitely blowing up, he's gonna be in Jurassic World next

the music in GOTG was awesome too, spotify has put up the vol 1 mixtape
Spotify
This is basically exactly how I thought the Nova Corps would be received be non-comic readers, which makes me fucking angry.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
So for the folks who are upset about Nova Corps.

Is it as bad as Iron Man 3 gutting the Mandarin?

I mean to me Iron man 3 is garbage because of that fact. Sure after the fact they fixed it some what with the Marvel One Shot "All Hail the King". But still when you take Iron Man's number one lethal enemy with the 10 rings of power and make him a joke actor...

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Holy fuck this movie caught me completely by surprise. Clear favorite as a Marvel movie. Definitely seeing it again.

At the end, when it said something to the effect of "Guardians of the Galaxy will be back!" or will return or whatever... I got the sense that after it was made they knew they had a hit on their hands and decided there would be more. Or were they already slated to be in the next Avengers possibly?

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
Holy fuck this movie caught me completely by surprise. Clear favorite as a Marvel movie. Definitely seeing it again.

At the end, when it said something to the effect of "Guardians of the Galaxy will be back!" or will return or whatever... I got the sense that after it was made they knew they had a hit on their hands and decided there would be more. Or were they already slated to be in the next Avengers possibly?
They announced about a week ago that a sequel was approved. I'm sure they had put it in the contracts, but did not give the go ahead until the reviews for the film came out as nearly unanimously awesome. So I guess they whipped up "Will Return" in a few days and inserted it into the film.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I was disappointed in the after-credit scenes but it was overall a great movie.

I liked the random addition in the credit text:

No Raccoons Or Tree Creatures Were Harmed During The Making Of This Film

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Unfortunately people don't seem to understand how badass Nova's story is or can be, which would probably be why comic readers are butthurt by the portrayal of the Nova Corps. Though if they make a Nova movie with Richard Rider then I'd be all about that shit. Possibly have Peter Quill in it a bit since him and Richard Rider are buddy buddy, plus that will help non-comic readers identify with it a bit more.

Regardless, GotG was still an 8/10 for me, would have been 9/10 with a proper portrayal of the corps but life isn't perfect.