Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

spronk

FPS noob
why do people rate winter soldier so highly anyways, I watched it and thought it was ok. The action was good but thought the actual winter soldier was kinda lame and hydra pretty cliche. If you have a lot of comic book backstory is it a lot deeper/better? I'd put my list as

GoTG
TDK
Avengers (could easily swap the first three around though TBH)
Iron Man
X-Men DOTF

For those wondering whats on the GoTG extras
10 Awesome Things In The Guardians of the Galaxy Special Features

sounds like one of the best deleted scenes isn't gonna get included though
frown.png

Guardians of the Galaxy's "Extra Song" Deleted Scene Not Included on Blu-ray Due To Rights Issue | Comicbook.com

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I would put these top any order
Iron Man
GoTG
Avengers
#4 winter soldier

Days of future past was great bust had flaws like bat sonar and quicksilver being insanely too powerful

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The movie wasn't bad by any measure but it felt like it was missing something to make a lasting impression. Like some scene and/or exchange of dialogue that was cool. Perhaps it didn't help that most of the combat was ship battles. I think melee or gun fights have better potential because they're more relatable to the viewer. I've read books fighter tactics and formations and that would probably make for some boring movies.

Also probably doesn't help that two out of the five leads have severe restrictions on dialogue. Drax was getting there, but it's just really hard to write a memorable piece of dialogue for him or Groot.

Very well made movie, just not feeling the urge to watch it again.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
The movie wasn't bad by any measure but it felt like it was missing something to make a lasting impression. Like some scene and/or exchange of dialogue that was cool. Perhaps it didn't help that most of the combat was ship battles. I think melee or gun fights have better potential because they're more relatable to the viewer. I've read books fighter tactics and formations and that would probably make for some boring movies.

Also probably doesn't help that two out of the five leads have severe restrictions on dialogue. Drax was getting there, but it's just really hard to write a memorable piece of dialogue for him or Groot.

Very well made movie, just not feeling the urge to watch it again.
Groot had plenty of room for dialogue.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
why do people rate winter soldier so highly anyways, I watched it and thought it was ok. The action was good but thought the actual winter soldier was kinda lame and hydra pretty cliche. If you have a lot of comic book backstory is it a lot deeper/better? I'd put my list as

GoTG
TDK
Avengers (could easily swap the first three around though TBH)
Iron Man
X-Men DOT
Winter soldier was amazing you HYDRA piece of shit.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
The Winter Soldier was pretty damn good. The people saying how they don't see why these films get such high praise is because the bar for super hero movies are still set so fucking low. I mean I nitpick at shit they do in the films but really compare the Marvel movies that they have put out over the last few years compared to everything else.

Remember these gems?

The royal fuck up of Deadpool
rrr_img_82529.jpg

This entire movie
rrr_img_82530.jpg

Whatever the fuck this was.

Having Superman kill?? Seriously it's like one of the biggest parts of him being Superman.

This pure fuckery.

rrr_img_82531.jpg

Hell at least with the Marvel movies that they make the hero's at least mostly have the proper powers, and you don't see complete fucking off the wall story changes just for the sake of having them. Even if the scripts are maybe a bit weak at times they still shit on 99% of the other superhero movies out there.

Also back to why download is for champions.. Have you ever bought a DVD/Blue Ray and been forced to sit through shit piece of shit followed by 10 minutes of unskipable previews. It's about as offensive as someone slapping you in the face with their dick. Thank you for pissing away $20 on our movie now sit here and watch us scold you on how your an asshole for not downloading this movie.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was a fun action movie, just didn't love it as aSupermanmovie. Then again I don't love Superman usually so it's not a big deal to me. I can see big Supes fans being really put off by it.

spronk

FPS noob
the previous incredibly bad superman sort of elevated the new one, sorta like a fat chick makes an average one pretty good lookin

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
It was a pretty decent movie until Superman killed Zod. Just felt out of character.
DC seemed to be going that way with him though. A lot of the DC cartoon movies are pretty dark also. Wasn't there a video game where SM essentially melted a face or two? Literally. It was out of character, but IMO made for a "better" Superman.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
DC seemed to be going that way with him though. A lot of the DC cartoon movies are pretty dark also. Wasn't there a video game where SM essentially melted a face or two? Literally. It was out of character, but IMO made for a "better" Superman.
DC Online, yeah he melted Black Adam and was about to kill Luthor before he was killed.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Superman killing Zod was the best part of that movie. Batman not killing seems cool with the way it's done. Superman is just a faggot with underwear on top of his pants. He's boring as fuck.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
The animated DC movies tend to be pretty damn good for the most part and actually seem to be closer to an "R" rating than the big budget movies are. The Batman Under the Red Hood movie they did was pretty dark and amazing. If any of you haven't seen that yet you should do yourself a favor and watch it.

But before we derail this even further Superman killing people is a pretty big change with the characters moral compass, which was the point in the first place. The reason the Marvel movies are enjoyed by so many is that they don't do sweeping character changes just for the fuck of it.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I saw it 3 times in theaters and am about to watch the blu ray rip in a little bit here.
Yeah, I think too much is made of piracy. People who pirate AND don't buy or support the product probably weren't going to in the first place.

I downloaded this movie also, because I wanted to watch the fucking thing again now. I didn't go and cancel my Dec 9th preorder. I'm not a comic book geek or buyer, but this movie feels a lot like Star Wars did back in the day. It's just that good. Can't wait for more.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I don't remember it too well, but I'm pretty sure Zod forced Superman into killing him. Or at least presented a very strong argument why it needed to happen. The film had numerous other problems that hampered it severely, Jonathan Kent's unbelievable stupidity being one.