Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Neph_sl

shitlord
What're the best comics / collections to read to get into GotG and Thanos? I don't know anything about these guys (Cosmic Marvel?) and I'd like some background

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I think these movies are more linked with the gems then you may think.

Rumors are not only does
Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver appear at the end of the Winter Soldier film, but so does Starlord.

That and they revealed Robert Redford is the new Red Skull.
Why the re-cast? Did Agent Smith not want to continue? I hate it when actors pull that shit

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Rumors are not only does
Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver appear at the end of the Winter Soldier film, but so does Starlord.

Now there's someone I never expected to see in a super hero movie.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
What're the best comics / collections to read to get into GotG and Thanos? I don't know anything about these guys (Cosmic Marvel?) and I'd like some background
the link i posted b4 for thanos is a good read (2 comics) and shows how badass thanos is

"modern" drax (old drax was a big doofus) and "modern" gamora(gamora was basically just adam warlocks girlfriend in a fishnet outfit) are best told in

Annihilation Omnibus: Marvel Comics: 9780785188896: Amazon.com: Books

drax has his own little 4 issue series

where the "modern" Guardians of the galaxy start i believe would be this series

Starlord Annihilation Conquest: Giffen: Amazon.com: Books

that'll be a good intro on star-lord and info on rocket and groot.

then i guess you can move on to v2 guardians of the galaxy.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider

Rumors are not only does

How are
SW & QS going to show up in winter soldier when theyre in the fox Xmen movie?

Column_sl

shitlord
How are
SW & QS going to show up in winter soldier when theyre in the fox Xmen movie?
Because both studios can use them, Disney just can't call them mutants.And what a better way to stick it to Fox when those characters appear first in a Disney/Marvel movie.

But the thing that's probably going to leave people talking the most is the post-credits stinger. They're calling them "The Twins", the brother-sister team of Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch, and they don't look like any Marvel heroes we've met to date. Having seen them, I am really sad for Fox and the X-Men, because this sh*t. is horrible in and of itself, but in comparison it's outright embarrassing.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I thought the rights for the fantastic 4 reverted back to Marvel or did the studio pull a Spiderman and rushed to make a new one just to keep the rights?

Column_sl

shitlord
Hopefully they fail with the latest one, and the rights will go back to Marvel.

The bad thing is even if X-men, and Fantastic Four get reverted back to Marvel the story arc would be outpacing their inclusion.

You might be able add the X-men as part of a Civil War storyline, but it's harder to buy Mr fantastic's group wouldn't take part in a Universe shattering event like we will get with Thanos.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd wager that Whedon or someone has a plan in place to introduce either group in to the long term plans. It's not like the movies bringing either group in would have to be filled with current Marvel U characters, none of the other individual movies are full of crossover stuff. They'd be pretty much standalone to start, and really maybe for a long time. I don't imagine Avengers 2 will be chock full of GotG characters.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Avengers 5, Kang does some stuff, FF, X-Men and Spider-Man join Earth-199999. Cook up some prequel-ish standalone movies. Done.

Disney, just cut them a check now and get it over with please.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I thought the rights for the fantastic 4 reverted back to Marvel or did the studio pull a Spiderman and rushed to make a new one just to keep the rights?
The latter. FOX still owns the rights and plan to have a movie out next year. They've already announced Michael B. Jordan as the Human Torch andit's been "leaked"that Kate Mara will play Sue Storm, with Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm and Miles Teller as Reid Richards.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
rrr_img_60621.jpg

wow such shit

GoTG doesn't even have to try hard, and the cgi looks top notch to boot.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
I can get behind Kate Mara as Sue Storm, but the rest of that cast is a joke. Johnny Storm must be adopted. Reed Richards is Jewish? And Ben Grimm is a skinny dude? MEH!

Caliane

And just to remind.

Cosmic Marvel reading list. 2004-2011.
Annihilation - Thanos Imperative.
http://i.imgur.com/P7AGj2i.jpg

Current Cosmic marvel retconning the end of Thanos Imperative, and written by Hickman and Bendis is shit. Avoid.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I can get behind Kate Mara as Sue Storm, but the rest of that cast is a joke. Johnny Storm must be adopted. Reed Richards is Jewish? And Ben Grimm is a skinny dude? MEH!
This... why didn't they just get Jason Biggs to play Mr. Fantastic? They could fill in with the rest of the American Pie cast while they're at it? Tara Reid can be Sue Storm. Stifler can be Johnny Storm and Oz can be The Thing. Makes perfect sense...