Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Sterling

El Presidente
Saw this again last weekend for the 2nd time with a different set of people. This movie is just exceptionally well crafted. I think it's a better movie than the Avengers even though I going into each movie I certainly cared more about the characters in the Avengers more. Those 2 movies and the first Iron Man are the best of the Marvel movies to me and I'm really looking forward to what's next. If only they could make Agents of Shield better.

Szlia

This movie was amusing, but it's not in the same league as The Avengers by a long shot. The totally one dimensional and uninteresting villain that does jack shit did not help.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So what?s the deal with the Kree. Are they all superpowered? I don?t know if get the power differential between Ronan vs Yondu. Ronin seemed to be cosmic powered or did he just have hot technology and an army of followers? Did Thanos juice him up ?

Ronan seems huge in this pic compared to some other kree.
Well, guys like Ronan are their super-powered folks the same as Hulk etc are humans, I believe they make theirs through cybernetic enhancements though. Normal Kree are human size/shape but have denser and more sturdy bodies because of the higher gravity there and nitrogen atmosphere. So they're super-strong relative to us. Basically twice the strength/durability/stamina of a human. So like a bunch of Captain Americas.

Kree - Marvel Comics Database

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
how the fuck is there no internet bootleg version of the Avengers 2 trailer from comic con?

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
They made it clear that Ronan was a Kree fundamentalist, which is to say, a terrorist. Fundamentalists don't have depth, and they're one-dimensional by nature. Their whole purpose is to oppose something; in Ronan's case it was opposing peace between the Kree Empire and the Xandarians.

Besides, it's not like Marvel movies have had a lot of well developed villains. Malekith was also a one-dimensional, uninteresting villain. And Alexander Pierce, Aldrich Killian, a.k.a. "The Mandarin", the Red Skull, General Ross, and the Abomination. And Obadiah Stane too. In fact, the only antagonists in the M.C.U. that have had some character development are Loki and Bucky Barnes, both of which had/have a bigger part to play in the overall story.

Critics commonly call one-dimensional, uninteresting bad guys "comic book villains" in other movies, so seeing the same complaint about a movie based on a comic book is pretty funny.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Ok I watched it twice, the first time in 3D and the second time 2D. I felt like the 3D was a better showing but only because my focus seemed to be more centered on the screen so I didn't need to look to the sides of the large screen to see what was going on there. That might be because the 3D screen at my theater was smaller? I wonder if there is somewhere to look that up, brb

Oldbased

> Than U
Finally went to see it. Some fuckhead kept using a laser pointer on the screen and my chair felt like concrete( same shitty Regal I saw Edge of Tomorrow in ).
While this won't be popular here, I enjoyed the movie, but didn't think it was a great movie by any means for a bunch of reasons. I would put it behind Avengers, Iron Man, Captain 2, Captain 1, Thor, Iron Man 2,Thor 2, then GotG and finally Iron Man 3.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Finally went to see it. Some fuckhead kept using a laser pointer on the screen and my chair felt like concrete( same shitty Regal I saw Edge of Tomorrow in ).
While this won't be popular here, I enjoyed the movie, but didn't think it was a great movie by any means for a bunch of reasons. I would put it behind Avengers, Iron Man, Captain 2, Captain 1, Thor, Iron Man 2,Thor 2, then GotG and finally Iron Man 3.
haha i love laser pointers

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
How can IM2 be anywhere near Gotg let alone rated higher?

Szlia

They made it clear that Ronan was a Kree fundamentalist, which is to say, a terrorist. Fundamentalists don't have depth, and they're one-dimensional by nature. Their whole purpose is to oppose something; in Ronan's case it was opposing peace between the Kree Empire and the Xandarians.

Besides, it's not like Marvel movies have had a lot of well developed villains. Malekith was also a one-dimensional, uninteresting villain. And Alexander Pierce, Aldrich Killian, a.k.a. "The Mandarin", the Red Skull, General Ross, and the Abomination. And Obadiah Stane too. In fact, the only antagonists in the M.C.U. that have had some character development are Loki and Bucky Barnes, both of which had/have a bigger part to play in the overall story.

Critics commonly call one-dimensional, uninteresting bad guys "comic book villains" in other movies, so seeing the same complaint about a movie based on a comic book is pretty funny.
"It's supposed to be lame because it's lame in comics and often lame in movies based on comic books" is the most absurd rebuttal since the Chewbacca defense. The problem is not only that he is a one dimensional "big bad", he has the charisma of an asparagus with one of the lamest costume ever devised. The movie even goes out of its way to make him look lame by showing him get scolded by Thanos. But the main problem is not even these, it's the fact he does preciously nothing during the movie. SPOILER Gets briefed and send Gamora / get scolded / visit prison / get invited in Knowhere for a fight / absorb stone / goes to Xandar / get missiled / get spaceshiped / get destoned / get killed. /SPOILER So it's an asparagus that moves around only to be late or be the target of the actions of others.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It was a 3D recording of the city before it was destroyed? Fairly simple.
OK, but why was he looking at it and where did it come from? Didn't he move aside to avoid someone at one point?

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Saw it today. Don't know if it's faithful to source material but it was fun.
Although, the finale was so clich? and dragged for so long
he died, he didn't, he died, he didn't so let's kill him with the power of friendship
6/10

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Saw it today. Don't know if it's faithful to source material but it was fun.
Although, the finale was so clich? and dragged for so long
he died, he didn't, he died, he didn't so let's kill him with the power of friendship
6/10
As a nerd with no friends, that mustve been a tough scene for you to bear.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I just read that Howard the Duck made a cameo in the post-credit stinger. I'll be going soon.

POWER!

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
"It's supposed to be lame because it's lame in comics and often lame in movies based on comic books" is the most absurd rebuttal since the Chewbacca defense.
I never said any such thing. What I said was that almost all of Marvel's villains have been lame, so complaining about it now is redundant. This is how they do villains that have no potential for showing up in the franchise again. They keep them simple and boring because they're going to kill them off at the end of the movie. Any villain with some character growth will be showing up again. Like Nebula.

Ronan is the General Tarkin of GotG. Nebula is Vader. Nebula got some character development because she has a part to play in future movies. Ronan obviously does not, so, just like Tarkin, they blow him up at the end of the movie.