Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)

Xevy

Log Wizard
$10.50 for a ticket in prime time. When you see as many movies as I do, you don't need a gigantic overpriced tub of popcorn and tri-pee inducing bucket of drink every time you go.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think it's $8.25 here in Santa Barbara if you go during the daytime/matinee. Evening I'm pretty sure it's $10.75 without 3d shenanigans added in for adults in the normal time slots. And that's with our incredibly retarded cost of living.

This is a normal movie theater though, so if you are going to something like the Alamo Draughthouse or similar type venues, I would definitely expect to pay more. I know if I go to the Arlington Theatre here it is probably going to be a bit heftier.

Are normal theaters just not good enough these days or something? I can't say I've really done the high end version of going to a movie, and I've always gotten what I would consider a great movie experience.

Could be a California thing though =|

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think he's just retarded and thinks everyone HAS to buy 18 dollars worth of snacks every time they see a movie.

This harkens me back to the discussion where people were arguing movies cost them 100+ dollars because they'd have to get a babysitter, etc etc. For a single person, to see a movie, at night time, costs about 10 dollars most everywhere.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Ya nearest theater to me is $9.10 for a matinee with reserved seating. Probably cheaper if I buy at the window the day of.

Cybsled

If I go before 4pm, ticket is $8. I get the popcorn, though, because that stuff is good :(

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I think he's just retarded and thinks everyone HAS to buy 18 dollars worth of snacks every time they see a movie.

This harkens me back to the discussion where people were arguing movies cost them 100+ dollars because they'd have to get a babysitter, etc etc. For a single person, to see a movie, at night time, costs about 10 dollars most everywhere.

18 dollars? That's like one tub of popcorn here in Dallas. I just go to Alamo Drafthouse instead and drink the entire time.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I don't think I've eaten theater popcorn 3 times since they stopped popping it in coconut oil way, way back at the beginning of the "let's make food that's not supposed to be good for you healthier" plague that descended upon us.

Siliconemelons

Next Friday citrix is hosting some event that is showing GOTG2 so I am going, none of my co workers want to go :-( ... also actual work related as I need to get info on their crap as we are looking into thin clients.

Cybsled

I don't think I've eaten theater popcorn 3 times since they stopped popping it in coconut oil way, way back at the beginning of the "let's make food that's not supposed to be good for you healthier" plague that descended upon us.

Isn't coconut oil supposed to be healthy, though? ;p

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Isn't coconut oil supposed to be healthy, though? ;p

It's considered healthier now that it was back in the late 80's when news stories started circulating about how much fat there was in theater popcorn because of it. Even though the thinking has come around on it since then they're still content to just let everyone drown their popcorn in however much butter flavoring they need to make it taste good at the cost of loosing the distinctive flavor you couldn't get with home popped corn.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Why is Kentucky being thrown under the bus? lol :p

It's $16.25 for a RPX ticket at the Regal Cinema in Lexington, KY which is where I typically go.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Every Tuesday in Honolulu is $6 movie day, all day long for any movie at the local theater chain (Consolidated). They upcharge ($10) for their version of imax and for "adult only" theaters that serve alcohol. It's a great price.
They also sell $2 popcorn on Tuesday.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I use
91L6%2BJ5NjRL._SY679_.jpg

Snappy Popcorn Colored Coconut Oil
81AT36Qg0qL._SY679_.jpg

Flavacol

I use Amish Kernals, i used to use an air popper, but it's decidedly easier to just have a big stainless steel saute pan and put equal parts butter/coconut oil. heat up the oil, then put in some of the Flavacol, swoosh it quickly and then just dump in a cup of popcorn, again swoosh the kernals in the mixture and it should be all covered, should take 3minutes.

It's pretty impossible to burn popcorn.

Fadaar

That guy
I use
View attachment 135239
Snappy Popcorn Colored Coconut Oil
View attachment 135240
Flavacol

I use Amish Kernals, i used to use an air popper, but it's decidedly easier to just have a big stainless steel saute pan and put equal parts butter/coconut oil. heat up the oil, then put in some of the Flavacol, swoosh it quickly and then just dump in a cup of popcorn, again swoosh the kernals in the mixture and it should be all covered, should take 3minutes.

I had a roommate in college burn cup ramen

• 1Like

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
FFS.....yuuuge disappointment

So much exposition, so much sappy shit and none of the humour of the 1st movie. Quill's father backstory and his goal....wtf really? Kinda like a gigantic piece of shit fan fiction.
Damn I'm pissed i didn't like the movie.

4/10

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Every Tuesday in Honolulu is $6 movie day, all day long for any movie at the local theater chain (Consolidated). They upcharge ($10) for their version of imax and for "adult only" theaters that serve alcohol. It's a great price.
They also sell $2 popcorn on Tuesday.

Same here, but it's 5 bucks.

Cybsled

Lol, tell that to the one person in the office who -always- burns their popcorn in the microwave and stinks up the floor.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

faille

Molten Core Raider
FFS.....yuuuge disappointment

So much exposition, so much sappy shit and none of the humour of the 1st movie. Quill's father backstory and his goal....wtf really? Kinda like a gigantic piece of shit fan fiction.
Damn I'm pissed i didn't like the movie.

4/10
Yeah, have to agree. It was like one of those terrible sequels where they focus so much on what worked in the original (groot, random humour) that it ruins it. Such a let down after the first one. The first had it's fair share of plot holes but it was easy to ignore them because it was so damn fun. This one, the holes are just too big to ignore and the humour is too forced or just going for the cheap laughs. Such a shame since I really wanted to enjoy it.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, have to agree. It was like one of those terrible sequels where they focus so much on what worked in the original (groot, random humour) that it ruins it. Such a let down after the first one. The first had it's fair share of plot holes but it was easy to ignore them because it was so damn fun. This one, the holes are just too big to ignore and the humour is too forced or just going for the cheap laughs. Such a shame since I really wanted to enjoy it.

Meh, I thought it was good, if not up to the standard of the first one.

My main complaint was it felt overproduced, rather than the quirkiness of the first one - kind of like the new star wars movie - at every point they go with the least risk option, which makes it disappointingly predictable.

• 1Like