Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2023)

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Florence and the Machine is my favourite band, saw her live this year and it was amazing. They chose the most popular normie song from 10 years ago and it doesn't fit a sci fi movie. She makes pagan cult music for witches.

I'll admit to totally getting in to those albums and am not banging on them. But yeah, agree with your point, that song was totally misplaced. The Christmas Special with Kevin Bacon had the Old 97s who I was familiar with since they have toured the South East for a while. That was coming off a fresh watch of the film. Overall it just didn't feel like anyone on the team liked each other and there was little to no chemistry, which was a huge draw at the beginning. Didn't make for comfortable, engaging, or fun watching.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
We just finished and I’m in the overwhelmingly mediocre camp. Had higher expectations after not loving the 2nd but nothing about this was fun. Nebula constantly yelling at everyone, calling everyone stupid, Peter being drunk and angry, Rocket dead 80% of the film, Groot looked like a bad foam suit CG amalgamation. No one looked like they were having a good time. Maybe Nathan Fillion did, but that’s about it. I have no problems with dark, however this was just depressing. Even the humor wasn’t great. Cg looked like crap. Gamora sounded like a Mexican chola that smoked 4 packs a day. They made Karen Gillian look pudgy and she sounded like an uncle that smokes 4 packs a day. Drax was great. Mantis was good.

I did like the music but opening with Creep helped. Then having Space Hog, Alice Cooper, Faith No More, X. Florence and the Machine 🙄.

I didn’t dislike it as much as it sounds probably. GotG 1 was just so good man.
Peter was only drunk for the first scene, and nebula has always had the stupid batman voice

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I cannot stand Will Poulter, so that pretty much ruined the movie for me. The stupid perma surprise face/eyebrows look just makes me want to fucking punch him. Could be a really cool guy in RL, and great actor, but I can't tell because of that fucking face. The gold skin makeup didn't hide it for me either.

He will always be Kenny to me, only film he seemed suited for.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
We watched this the other night. I really wanted to like it, but it just wasn't enjoyable. It was mostly devoid of things that make GOTG GOTG.

Adam Warlock was shit, the High Evolutionary was an animal mutilator, basically no Rocket for 75% of the film, overly long, the back and forth between Peter and Gammora got old fast, the list goes on.

On the plus side I really liked Cosmo and Drax was good in almost every scene he was in.

Marvel continues it's streak of fucking up super successful properties.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Hard pass, especially after the last few posts.

Even a year ago I never would have thought that Guardians of the Galaxy 3 would be a hard pass for me. Not in a million years. Wow.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

hory

Turned it off half way. This stuff is so bad. Glad I didn't pay for it.

Homsar

I must be on the wrong side of this, it's not GOTG but I loved it outside of the editing

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
This was fine. The music was the only really bad part and judging from this thread, some people actually liked the shitty music. So if you liked other GOTG I wouldnt pass on this one just because of this thread.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's funny, I enjoyed this at the movies but now it's on D+ I can't bring myself to watch it.

There isn't much Marvel I can re-watch though so there is that.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's funny, I enjoyed this at the movies but now it's on D+ I can't bring myself to watch it.

There isn't much Marvel I can re-watch though so there is that.
I have watched the first GOTG, Infinity War, Endgame, and Iron Man 1 more than once; all the others were decent enough, but not good enough to watch more than once (well, Civil War would get a rewatch too, but never think about it).

I thought this movie was decent too, somewhere around mid-high tier, around Thor 1 level, for a Marvel movie. Would also rank it as a bit better than GOTG 2. I would agree that the soundtrack was weak, but I don't much care about that, really.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I have watched the first GOTG, Infinity War, Endgame, and Iron Man 1 more than once; all the others were decent enough, but not good enough to watch more than once.

I thought this movie was decent too, somewhere around mid-high tier, around Thor 1 level, for a Marvel movie. Would also rank it as a bit better than GOTG 2. I would agree that the soundtrack was weak, but I don't much care about that, really.
ive seen Winter Soldier about a dozen times. its my favorite MCU film.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
ive seen Winter Soldier about a dozen times. its my favorite MCU film.
One day I will get around to watching it, but I have never cared for Capt. America and found the first movie a real snooze.

Even before the movies, as a kid, I thought Marvel art was lame and Captain America's powers, in particular, were weak. The only comic exposure I had, growing up, was buying Spawn so I could sketch the art from it, in class, and reading through some trading cards with Marvel characters on them, that a friend had.

joz123

Potato del Grande
but I have never cared for Capt. America and found the first movie a real snooze.
Angry Black And White GIF

• 3Like
  • 1Worf

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
One day I will get around to watching it, but I have never cared for Capt. America and found the first movie a real snooze.

Even before the movies, as a kid, I thought Marvel art was lame and Captain America's powers, in particular, were weak. The only comic exposure I had, growing up, was buying Spawn so I could sketch the art from it, in class, and reading through some trading cards with Marvel characters on them, that a friend had.

Winter Soldier more than makes up for Cap #1

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

dude, watch that movie, if just to see Black Widow. my god, she is such a fucking smokeshow in that.
artworks-000075459310-sp8e10-t500x500.jpg

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Captain America First Avenger is probably my favorite MCU film that isn't an Avengers ensemble film.

I think they nailed the period and the topic without making it cheesy/corny (considering the source material they had to work with), and there are moments there that hit me right in the feels, like when he jumps on the grenade in boot camp

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have watched the first GOTG, Infinity War, Endgame, and Iron Man 1 more than once; all the others were decent enough, but not good enough to watch more than once (well, Civil War would get a rewatch too, but never think about it).

I have watched Winter Soldier a bunch of times.

• 1Like

Homsar

Winter soldier is top 3 for me I think, up there with IM1

• 4Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I found Cap 1 a total snoozefest as well, but love the fuck out of Winter Soldier. It's probably my favorite MCU film, followed very closely by Infinity War and the first GOTG.

• 1Like