Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2023)

joz123

Potato del Grande
Diablo 4 eats the bandwidth quick. Always online is shit.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
I live in a desert where our only options are Century Link DSL or Cox cable. CL is shit.

• 1Barf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yea i had cox for 6months here in tn... they had a special when i moved, rent the modem and get unlimited for 6months, then it went to 1tb bandwidth, 0-50gb over and you pay $10 i think.

pretty glad i stumbled upon verizon 5g, it has unlimited and 50bucks

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
yea i had cox for 6months here in tn... they had a special when i moved, rent the modem and get unlimited for 6months, then it went to 1tb bandwidth, 0-50gb over and you pay $10 i think.

pretty glad i stumbled upon verizon 5g, it has unlimited and 50bucks

They're dirtbags. Once your contract is up, the price magically spikes 100-150$ without you even being notified. You have to stay on top of Cox.

Only good thing about them is the way they do copyright is non-specific warning letter, and don't suspend your account or require you to call up and remove the IP. Cox just tells you to figure it out yourself and if they keep getting letters then they will have to take action. Whereas other providers will suspend first, and force a phone call or additional action.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
lots of major internet providers still have caps and remove them only if you sign up for their top tier plans which are usually ripoffs.
Cable companies try to pull that crap in non-competitive markets. I am enjoying my 1gig synchronous no cap connection from Google.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The whole being his mother is stupid. She's a female character when he was young. There are many females in the lives of everyone. They are not all your mother, much like Gamora isn't Groot's mother.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The whole being his mother is stupid. She's a female character when he was young. There are many females in the lives of everyone. They are not all your mother, much like Gamora isn't Groot's mother.
Especially since he considered Rocket his Dad and not Quill.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Not a fan of the change in music. Not because there was any inherent problem in adding post 80s music but because of their mostly shitty choices. As a more general note to movie music people: there has never been a time when Beastie Boys was a good choice for a movie soundtrack because the fucking Beastie Boys sucked ass.

Man that is so true.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
The music just didn’t fit the scenes. Even if it’s a great song, it needs to portray the right emotion for the scene, and I just wasn’t feeling it this time. It’s like they paid zero attention to what’s happening on the screen and just shoved the next song on the playlist in there.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yep. This seemed very formulaic and not particularly good.

I finished it, but it was kind of a slog at 2 and a half hours. The high point was the music, but even that seemed very jarring sometimes. Almost like they felt like they needed to insert good music "here" because the first one set the bar. Not because it was particularly necessary.
Pretty much what I said.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
The music just didn’t fit the scenes. Even if it’s a great song, it needs to portray the right emotion for the scene, and I just wasn’t feeling it this time. It’s like they paid zero attention to what’s happening on the screen and just shoved the next song on the playlist in there.

One review I read basically said "James Gunn made a playlist of his favorite songs and then wrote a bunch of scenes around them". Seems like it's exactly what Taika did with Thor:L&T

I watched the movie today while doing my 2022 taxes and I got more enjoyment out of the taxes. I looked at the clock asking myself "how much of this shit is left?" and saw that I was only 60 minutes in with 90 more minutes to go.

Not a big surprise, since I find the whole GOTG franchise to be tiresome, fake and gay. But at least I gave them another chance

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Smart formula that they had for the mass appeal with the whole animal cruelty thing.

there’s some kind of bullshit stat im maybe making up that reads people are so desensitized to human death in movies at this point, but animal death triggers way more emotion.

Movie was fine, but missed the mark on ‘putting it all together.’ Lots of good stuff, but choppy and disjointed.

• 3Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
We just finished and I’m in the overwhelmingly mediocre camp. Had higher expectations after not loving the 2nd but nothing about this was fun. Nebula constantly yelling at everyone, calling everyone stupid, Peter being drunk and angry, Rocket dead 80% of the film, Groot looked like a bad foam suit CG amalgamation. No one looked like they were having a good time. Maybe Nathan Fillion did, but that’s about it. I have no problems with dark, however this was just depressing. Even the humor wasn’t great. Cg looked like crap. Gamora sounded like a Mexican chola that smoked 4 packs a day. They made Karen Gillian look pudgy and she sounded like an uncle that smokes 4 packs a day. Drax was great. Mantis was good.

I did like the music but opening with Creep helped. Then having Space Hog, Alice Cooper, Faith No More, X. Florence and the Machine 🙄.

I didn’t dislike it as much as it sounds probably. GotG 1 was just so good man.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I did like the music but opening with Creep helped. Then having Space Hog, Alice Cooper, Faith No More, X. Florence and the Machine 🙄.

Florence and the Machine is my favourite band, saw her live this year and it was amazing. They chose the most popular normie song from 10 years ago and it doesn't fit a sci fi movie. She makes pagan cult music for witches.