Guild Wars 2

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I didn't even think about gliding since I hadn't done any of them since I completed them unless someone was porting people to the end.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
The only complaint i have so far is with regards to combat. While i think the flow is awesome and the animations are great, the AE aspect is super fucking confusing. With so many swarm events and every class having AEs, it's a jumble of color spam on your screen.

Other than that though, pretty damn good.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Client side edit, so a joke, but the moment he activated the skimmer and Taimi's ears unrolled I giggled.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Fuck the Legendary Corrupted Facet, last thing I need for the Griffon...3 attempts, 3 failures., mostly due to not enough people showing up.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Fuck the Legendary Corrupted Facet, last thing I need for the Griffon...3 attempts, 3 failures., mostly due to not enough people showing up.

...how ? You put up bounty run on lfg and you get 50 people in a few minutes ...

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
...how ? You put up bounty run on lfg and you get 50 people in a few minutes ...

In the 3 attempts, no more than 10-15 people showed up, waiting around 15-30mins. Someone else started it each time.

Last night we were only 8 after a 30mins wait. Guy trying to organize it said fuck it and started it, maybe 10 more show up during the fight but we ran out of time, he was barely at 40% life.

Didn't have problems with the other events, just this one...Crystal Oasis map is pretty empty recently, Desolation and Wabbi are full, easy to run events there.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
After playing this for a couple of days, I have to say it feels MUCH better then HoT. The dwarf ruins were my personal highlight. Getting there I expected a small JP and a point of interest at best. Turns out to be a real mini-dungeon. If it were just me, they could add stuff like that all over, and make it even more elaborate. Go wild and just add all levels of EotB1 as the sewers below LA. Mounts are great, too, I hope they add more eventually.

I'm missing some map-specific content like the LS season 3 had, but I also haven't seen everything the expansion offers yet.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Woot, just completed my Ascended Lightsaber achievement for my Holosmith. :)

And this fucking idiot just started the Legendary Corrupted Facet twice before asking for people, so while not technically failures since there were no attempts...I just can't get a break on that one.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Man I caught people doing the facet at like 7AM this morning, though I am hearing a bunch of people having trouble with getting that one.

Also the Mystic Forge spat me out a Leaf of Kudzu (longbow legendary precursor) today totally by surprise. Alas, I am not sure any of the top specs use longbow these days, so to the trading post it goes, should get a few hundred gold for it at least to fund buying stuff for a different legendary.

Hekotat

I still don't have a legendary or precursor. I always start working on it then lose interest due to not playing enough to earn the gold to craft it.

I did unload about half my mystic coins I had stock piling since launch last night, got about 60g (I'm rich!)

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I still don't have a legendary or precursor. I always start working on it then lose interest due to not playing enough to earn the gold to craft it.

I did unload about half my mystic coins I had stock piling since launch last night, got about 60g (I'm rich!)
Jesus, if I unloaded my stash, I'd get like 500+.
I even got the first collection for Bifrost done, but I'm mostly just fucking around in PoF or an odd fractal to get to 50+, to get a lego I'd have to drop everything and just focus on that one single task, either through the collections or just farming gold.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Picked this up again, enjoying it a lot taking my thief to 80. Leveling pretty fast.

But one thing, am I the only person who finds it really shitty having to pay for backpack space, bank space and character slots? I paid full price for this game some time ago, and it just blows my mind a company has the balls to ask you to pay to free up inventory space, as in a 'pay to be less annoyed' model. I realise Im a minority here since Ive read in other threads that people have no problem dropping cash on stuff like this, for some reason these three things seem to be acceptable to pay for these days, but I really really hate it. Like just give a fucking full inventory to the people who paid full price for the game? (don't annoy your paying customers right from the start) Give us enough hero slots to try all the heroes once? Give us more than a few lines of bank space you cheap fucks?

I drop quite a lot of disposable cash on the various games I play (Lol, OW, HS, HOTS), I don't have a problem with paying into a game for cosmetic shit or cool stuff you want that help keeps the game going. Servers cost money to keep up, gotta get it somehow. But it feels so dirty charging full box price for a game then giving only 4 or whatever hero slots when people can pay for up to 80+. I've already dropped more than a monthly subscription on two hero slots that I feel should have been in the base game and its left such a sour taste I decided against buying some of the cosmetic items I would have purchased otherwise.

Hekotat

Picked this up again, enjoying it a lot taking my thief to 80. Leveling pretty fast.

But one thing, am I the only person who finds it really shitty having to pay for backpack space, bank space and character slots? I paid full price for this game some time ago, and it just blows my mind a company has the balls to ask you to pay to free up inventory space, as in a 'pay to be less annoyed' model. I realise Im a minority here since Ive read in other threads that people have no problem dropping cash on stuff like this, for some reason these three things seem to be acceptable to pay for these days, but I really really hate it. Like just give a fucking full inventory to the people who paid full price for the game? (don't annoy your paying customers right from the start) Give us enough hero slots to try all the heroes once? Give us more than a few lines of bank space you cheap fucks?

I drop quite a lot of disposable cash on the various games I play (Lol, OW, HS, HOTS), I don't have a problem with paying into a game for cosmetic shit or cool stuff you want that help keeps the game going. Servers cost money to keep up, gotta get it somehow. But it feels so dirty charging full box price for a game then giving only 4 or whatever hero slots when people can pay for up to 80+. I've already dropped more than a monthly subscription on two hero slots that I feel should have been in the base game and its left such a sour taste I decided against buying some of the cosmetic items I would have purchased otherwise.

Well, you can trade in game gold for gems and buy those slots that way, but yes, it does suck. I have 6 bank slots and it's still not enough.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Finally.

gw001.jpg

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
i bought this, i'm level 30something just running around doing events mostly. game is just very well made and fun

i can tell i'm light years behind the curve on knowing what the hell is going on after two expansions but i don't mind

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider

There are sales like once or twice a year, but I don't have a problem dropping some extra money on a game I spent several hundreds of hours in. Yeah, their approach to QoL stuff seems to be relegated mostly to premiums, but if you have only 1-2 lvl 80 characters, it's not much of a problem. Still if they gave you info on every item and collectible whether it's safe to sell/delete or to keep it, it would cause a lot less headaches.

swayze22 swayze22 unless you want to do raids or 75+ fractals, nobody gives a shit about your gear, exotic set can be obtained in a day or two and is perfectly fine.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
i can tell i'm light years behind the curve on knowing what the hell is going on after two expansions but i don't mind

I've been playing since beta and I still don't know whats going on most of the time.

Edit: as for the Bank/Bag space stuff, it's really not that hard to get by until you have the gold to buy more space. The Halloween event will start soon and selling all the trick or treat bags will net you 50-100g+ a day if you hit it hard (and provides an easy way to upgrade your bags to 20 slots each). Think it's 300g for gems per bag space unlock? Something like that.

Also, they vastly expanded the material storage since release so most of the shit can just be deposited in your material storage.

Basically just salvage/sell everything and you'll be fine.

Second Edit: 400 gems per bag unlock which is under 90 gold right now. At level 80 without expansions/facts/raids you can do 10g a day very easily. 2g from Daily and the other 8 from just Silverwaste farm.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

Do we have a forum guild at all? I have a couple empty shitters but I'd gladly hop in an active guild that does fractals and what not.