Guild Wars 2

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
One question that isn’t readily answered via google/poking around...how the hell do you make money? I’m making a few gold a night through casual play and that seems awfully low to me. I break down and list damn near everything I get.

Daily - 2g
Craft Lay-Line Infused Tool - 2g+ each (Charged Quartz is locked behind one a day - hit the Dry Top Quartz spots daily)
Amalgamated Gemstones - 1.5g+ each (1 per each HoT meta daily for a total of 6g)
Full stack of Flax Seed - 10g (2-3 characters hitting all the flax seed farms will get you about a stack a day. If you have lots of alts park them all at the VB Flax Seed farm)
Daily Fract 40 - 10-15g
Total - 30g+

Do Octovine HoT meta, Silverwastes (champion fights before the boss for the 3 guaranteed rares + boss), and PoF bounty farms. Open up all PoF packs of "Piece of Unidentified Gear" and list all Rare/Exo on TP while breaking down everything else. Undercut all rares on TP by 1 Copper and never fill buy orders unless they are within a silver or two.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Daily - 2g
Craft Lay-Line Infused Tool - 2g+ each (Charged Quartz is locked behind one a day - hit the Dry Top Quartz spots daily)
Amalgamated Gemstones - 1.5g+ each (1 per each HoT meta daily for a total of 6g)
Full stack of Flax Seed - 10g (2-3 characters hitting all the flax seed farms will get you about a stack a day. If you have lots of alts park them all at the VB Flax Seed farm)
Daily Fract 40 - 10-15g
Total - 30g+

Do Octovine HoT meta, Silverwastes (champion fights before the boss for the 3 guaranteed rares + boss), and PoF bounty farms. Open up all PoF packs of "Piece of Unidentified Gear" and list all Rare/Exo on TP while breaking down everything else. Undercut all rares on TP by 1 Copper and never fill buy orders unless they are within a silver or two.
How the hell are you getting a stack of Flax per day with 2-3 characters ? I get like 40-44 flax per all the fields/character, which is generally a bit below 2g.
There's also the wood farm in Malchor's Leap and Iron in the Gallowfields in Brisban Wildlands, on saturday there were 2 rich iron veins, so you could get 2,5g in about 2 minutes.

Might be EU prices, Flax here is about 4-4,5s

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Lots of good info ty. I have plenty of alts I’m not doing a thing with.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Invest into shared inventory slots and unbreakable tools, makes it much easier to never have to worry about having tools ready, otherwise it's a pain to manage.

This site is basically the farming bible: gw2efficiency

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
How the hell are you getting a stack of Flax per day with 2-3 characters ? I get like 40-44 flax per all the fields/character, which is generally a bit below 2g.
There's also the wood farm in Malchor's Leap and Iron in the Gallowfields in Brisban Wildlands, on saturday there were 2 rich iron veins, so you could get 2,5g in about 2 minutes.

Might be EU prices, Flax here is about 4-4,5s

VB - 8 Nodes
TD - 8 Nodes
AB - 7 Nodes
BF - 5 Nodes
DM - 10 Nodes

So up to 228 per 3 characters but nearly a full stack if you pick up all the flax on the way to the camps with bad RNG making it less. I could be wrong but I also thought GW2 has a global market. The price of Flax has been selling at 4s60c+ for roughly 8 hours today and it tends to hover at 4s90c - 5s for hours at a time, but does seem to coincide around late EU into NA prime.

A couple of people are also fucking with the flax market right now. I wouldn't list a single one under 4.5s and they will sell at 4.6+.
Pile of Flax Seeds - GW2TP

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Lots of good info ty. I have plenty of alts I’m not doing a thing with.

VB - 8 Nodes
TD - 8 Nodes
AB - 7 Nodes
BF - 5 Nodes
DM - 10 Nodes

So up to 228 per 3 characters but nearly a full stack if you pick up all the flax on the way to the camps with bad RNG making it less. I could be wrong but I also thought GW2 has a global market. The price of Flax has been selling at 4s60c+ for roughly 8 hours today and it tends to hover at 4s90c - 5s for hours at a time, but does seem to coincide around late EU into NA prime.

A couple of people are also fucking with the flax market right now. I wouldn't list a single one under 4.5s and they will sell at 4.6+.
Pile of Flax Seeds - GW2TP
Yeah, the prices seem to go up around EU prime time, I was doing only VB+TD+DM, which seem to be the fastest

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Having a blast running around with FoH bros, haven't had anyone to really play with since launch. This game is a blast with friends.

Thanks for those money making tips Skinner, that last mount really hurt.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
condi daredevil dagger thief, where you been all my life <3

PS whats the deal with loot in this game. I end every meta with like 1000 boxes and none of it ever seems to drop anything useful, i just vendor everything and sell the exoctics on the AH for 20S.

Am I doing something wrong or does nothing useful drop ever? Even ran that meta that ends up with the big loot boxes under the city and have got nothing apparently useful in five runs. Is there something I should be looking out for? Dont want to vendor something good by mistake

Last edited:

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider

PS whats the deal with loot in this game. I end every meta with like 1000 boxes and none of it ever seems to drop anything useful, i just vendor everything and sell the exoctics on the AH for 20S.

Am I doing something wrong or does nothing useful drop ever? Even ran that meta that ends up with the big loot boxes under the city and have got nothing apparently useful in five runs. Is there something I should be looking out for? Dont want to vendor something good by mistake
1)Salvage all the shit you find, vendor the leftover green/yellow runes and sigils, salavage rares with the rare salvaging kits for a better chance to get ectos.
2)You won't get rich overnight, here and there you will find something with rare skin, but otherwise it's about the daily grind
3)Effective farming is either RIBA in silverwastes, leather farm in Lake Doric or lvl 40 fractal, alternatively HoT metas+specific places which have rich gathering nodes, as linked above

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I couldn't make my last piece of ascended armor this weekend, kinda forgot to craft my dailies. :(

I have 2 more zones to explore to get my 100% map completion on my Engineer.

I'm still debating which alt to play next, I think I've narrowed it down to Mesmer or Necro. I think I might go with necro. I took both through the prologue of PoF, and got all the HP so I could train the new elite specialization.

It was fun to play with Hekotat, even though he got all the loot, and I got fuck all. ;)

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What server you guys on? About to roll up.

Doesn't matter what server you are on if you only PvE. Mega server allows you to play with anyone (Have to chose US or EU though).

If you want to WvW then usually the top servers (see the wiki for the list of locked worlds) have more combat, larger zergs. Blackgate, Jade Quarry, Fort Aspenwood, Maguuma, etc have good WvW players and a decent playerbase. Maguuma's WvW community is a bit toxic but the players are good.

If you already have characters then you are pretty much stuck on whatever server you picked. Most of the servers are full and not open for transfers. They only open up infrequently. If you haven't created any characters yet then you should be able to pick any server you want. Otherwise you either stay on your server, pay for a transfer or delete all your toons and start over.

Hekotat

Useful shit drops but it is kind of dependent on your luck rating, the higher this value the better chance at dope loot.

You can acquire more luck by dismantling items (Blues/Greens/Yellows/Oranges) and they will drop luck you can consume. You can also usually sell these materials for better money than outright or use them for crafting. Especially the ectos that drop from Orange gear and some sigils sell for crazy good money.

I always dismantle everything, store crating mats then sell all the excess and junk.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My way of dealing with loot is salvage all greens/blues/yellow armor/exotic armor - with a fine salvage kit, or master's for the rare/exotic stuff. I am think I'm gonna switch to a master's kit for leather items too - the top tier leather sells for a shitload these days. That gets into a pain in the ass to micromanage though in this era when you can right-click a kit and 'salvage all'.

Rare/exotic weapons go into the mystic forge unless it is one of the crazy exotic sigils that sell for more than 2s, then it goes on the TP. You never know when a couple 20 silver rares or 1g exotics are gonna return you a 500g precursor.

Halloween event coming 10/17, the excitement is real!

Also if there is an FoH crew running around doing fractals/dungeons/(raids??????) I am faltigoth.1047, I am usually on in the evenings.

Hekotat

My way of dealing with loot is salvage all greens/blues/yellow armor/exotic armor - with a fine salvage kit, or master's for the rare/exotic stuff. I am think I'm gonna switch to a master's kit for leather items too - the top tier leather sells for a shitload these days. That gets into a pain in the ass to micromanage though in this era when you can right-click a kit and 'salvage all'.

Rare/exotic weapons go into the mystic forge unless it is one of the crazy exotic sigils that sell for more than 2s, then it goes on the TP. You never know when a couple 20 silver rares or 1g exotics are gonna return you a 500g precursor.

Halloween event coming 10/17, the excitement is real!

Also if there is an FoH crew running around doing fractals/dungeons/(raids??????) I am faltigoth.1047, I am usually on in the evenings.

I made a stupid guild name [Blipz n Chitz], I can invite you guys if you want, I'll also add you as a friend. Running around with friends in HoT was actually pretty fun, solo is aids.

I want to hit T4 in fractals so I'm always down for that shit.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Everyone that plays is kind of scattered now. When I do play, I play on Tuco's old server with what little remains of the original PRX there. I tried looking for a group under the FoH banner last time I played, but just not enough people from here play together on GW. I would have loved to find a fractals group that was from here, but I got lucky and found some really good pve players on my own that would fractal farm non stop. Helps if you're not a shit class for fractals, too.

Hekotat

I think I'm still on the second PRX server (Sanctum of Rall) I believe, I honestly don't remember due to the megaservers.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
You can see your server at the character select screen.

I’m on Tarnished Coast.

You can transfer server every 7 days. Cost varies depending on population of destination server for 500, 1000 and 1800 gems for medium, high and very high. Most server are high or very high.