Guild Wars 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm not joining up but a lot of PRX are including KV and a bunch of other core members from GW2. Should be a good time.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Stop spamming my email Tuco Tuco

I tried GW2 again about 5 or 6 months ago; I don't think the game aged well at all.

Depends on what you are looking for. GW2 WvW, as messed up as it is, is still the best RvR around imo. That is largely because they are pretty much the only RvR game in town but they also have incredible tech (the game plays very fast even with tons of players nuking each other), etc.

WvW's main problem was that to win the war you needed to stack players in every time zone on a server. Skill didn't really matter, just the size of your zergs and time zone coverage. With the new changes they are eliminating servers and creating alliances instead. This will allow them (in theory) to be able to create much more competitive match ups. Alliances will be much smaller than servers and wont be able to dominate.

In theory anyways, we'll see how ANET executes this plan, but I'm very excited for the change.

Last edited:

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
I'm not joining up but a lot of PRX are including KV and a bunch of other core members from GW2. Should be a good time.

I saw the post in the gw2 forums, do you know if they picked a server yet?
Edit: nm I see them on sos.

Depends on what you are looking for. GW2 WvW, as messed up as it is, is still the best RvR around imo. That is largely because they are pretty much the only RvR game in town but they also have incredible tech (the game plays very fast even with tons of players nuking each other), etc.

WvW's main problem was that to win the war you needed to stack players in every time zone on a server. Skill didn't really matter, just the size of your zergs and time zone coverage. With the new changes they are eliminating servers and creating alliances instead. This will allow them (in theory) to be able to create much more competitive match ups. Alliances will be much smaller than servers and wont be able to dominate.

In theory anyways, we'll see how ANET executes this plan, but I'm very excited for the change.

There will still be servers made up of alliance guilds, random guilds, random pugs all together, just everyone is getting mixed up every 8 weeks to re-balance the populations so they don't recreate another blackgate stack that lasted for years. Alliances will still be able to dominate if they manage to recruit guilds like the early alliances did to cover all time zones. Although winning wvw these days doesn't really mean much anyways, nor is winning for some random server every 8 weeks.

Last edited:

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I picked this up maybe 2 months ago and have been playing fairly casual, maybe 15 hours a week. There is a ton of content and fun mechanics to mess around with. I haven't even played WvW or other PvP since back in beta/release with the board guild.

it scratches my itch for MMO stuff.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I still pick it up every once in a while after a year or two. PoF has been great, even though it's not really meta-centric like HotS, but eventually the grind for bigger goals where you have to do the same shit every day to progress optimally wears me down and I quit. However the exploration aspect is pretty much unrivaled and Elona is the shit, especially if you liked Nightfall.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I will finally grab the expansions and jump back into this soonish, but yeah those bigger goals are insane and really put me off.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
The colors at the beginning bother my eyes a little for some reason but the "dark" cover for Fear Not This Night at the end was a pretty clever way to close. Its been so long I forgot all about the original after Zhaitan.

Looking forward to this episode.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
New map has an infinite personal portal item that works similar to mesmer portals at one of the heart NPCs for 75 of the new ore and some karma. The "mark" (portal) lasts 30 seconds and the "rewind teleport" (exit portal) has a 30 second CD. PvE only but there is no min/maximum distance so you can use it to teleport across the map provided it's within the 30 second limit - definitely worth picking up.

There's also a free 32 slot ascend bag collection that opens when you finish the story and some kind of time gated golem themed back piece that's behind at least a 7 day time gate.

Overall not that bad of an episode. The map is neat and interesting but follows the usual pattern of being relatively small. Probably wont keep anyone here long term after achievements like most of the other living world maps though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
New map has an infinite personal portal item that works similar to mesmer portals at one of the heart NPCs for 75 of the new ore and some karma. The "mark" (portal) lasts 30 seconds and the "rewind teleport" (exit portal) has a 30 second CD. PvE only but there is no min/maximum distance so you can use it to teleport across the map provided it's within the 30 second limit - definitely worth picking up.

There's also a free 32 slot ascend bag collection that opens when you finish the story and some kind of time gated golem themed back piece that's behind at least a 7 day time gate.

Overall not that bad of an episode. The map is neat and interesting but follows the usual pattern of being relatively small. Probably wont keep anyone here long term after achievements like most of the other living world maps though.
They can always throw in a lego to make people come back to it.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
SAB is out from now till' April 19th. Nothing really new from previous years other than a Bauble Node for your home instance and a couple achievements, as well as a chance to finish older achievements from previous SABs including the two Infusion achievements from the Tribulation Mode cancer.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Tuesday June 26th next Living World Story drops.
New Legendary Warhorn
New Map
New Fractal Map
New Mount: Roller Beetle

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
So, while most of us were enjoying the festivities over the 4th, we were apparently missing the fireworks going off over at ANet.

Basically Jessica Price and Peter Fries (both major lead writers/dialog for GW2) were fired after Price randomly loses her shit over lukewarm criticism on twitter by a widely beloved ANet Partner. This partner, Deroir, tweeted that he "disagrees slightly" with something Price said in ANets recent AMA over on Reddit and Price responded by playing the ""I'm a girl and this is the stuff us girls have to go through/you're mansplaining/sexist" card. Shit then gets hilariously out of control fast with practically everyone turning on her. Peter Fries at some point tries to white knight Price by siding with her and saying shes right in her claims that disagreeing with her = sexist.

Reddit and the official GW2 forums then blow up resulting in Mike O Brien shit canning both employees.

Threads are all over the place but these are some of the key ones if you want to read up:
Guild Wars 2 Lurches To Yet Another PR Nightmare

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user