Guild Wars 2

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Crafting was pretty easy iirc. There was some website that would tell you exactly how many and current market cost of each mat you needed(could even import your own bank if you wanted), then it went through step by step guide on what exactly to make and how many. I think it took me a couple hours to hit 300 and I still have no real knowledge of crafting in this game :p

gw2efficiency

Includes API stuff and everything.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
That will be really useful, thanks for that.

Planning on doing a bit of a crafting grind this today just so its out of the way. Down to 2 gold again, so guess I'll have to grind out shit to sell first. Tailor is what is killing me with lack of low level cloth. I know you can trade loot bags to a lower level, but I don't have a char slot for that. I can farm mats for WS/Art easy enough.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
That will be really useful, thanks for that.

Planning on doing a bit of a crafting grind this today just so its out of the way. Down to 2 gold again, so guess I'll have to grind out shit to sell first. Tailor is what is killing me with lack of low level cloth. I know you can trade loot bags to a lower level, but I don't have a char slot for that. I can farm mats for WS/Art easy enough.

Make sure you're salvaging everything and you will get tons of mats. If I can't equip it then I salvage it.

Sneaky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I really enjoy this game currently.

I was overwhelmed at first until I figured that setting my own small goals was the way to go. There is just too much to collect and to work towards if you want it all right away (for me anyways).

So I first set out to get a set of ascended gear suited for DPS in PvE. I got that a few weeks ago. Now I am working on a WvW set for a support build. Once that is done my next goals is expanding all my bags from 20/24 to 28. That seems to be quite a gold-drain. Maybe I will fit in the Gryphon-Collection in between.

Even though I farm quite a bit, I don't feel close to burned out at all, since I switch between different areas doing whatever I want pretty much, which maybe is not the most efficient way, but eh .. Some SW, then some AB-Meta, some Dragonstand for those Sparks I still need for my minstrel-set, then collect some Iron / Wood. Maybe a Winterberry-run in between. Maybe there is a collection / an archivement that I want to tackle that day.

I only have trouble with raiding, as it demands more uninterrupted time than I can guarantee lately, due to family stuff coming up.

Last edited:

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Make sure you're buying the Divine Lucky Envelopes (16 a day per account for 1g each) and resell them on the TP. All 16 will get you a little over 4g profit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you play WvW then look into Legendary Armor. It's a hella grind, but doable.

Start with the Triumphant Armor track (exotic). Each piece you unlock allows you to buy an ascended piece (same slot), and you can choose the stats. The ascended piece is used to make the Legendary piece once you have all the other mats.

It's very expensive and very much a grind, but if you think of it as a long term goal while you do other things then progress happens naturally. The only real time gate is the skirmish tickets you get while playing WvW. Can only get 365 tickets a week and it takes a minimum of 26 weeks to get all the tickets you need for a full set. The rest of the mats can be purchased / crafted if you have enough gold.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I haven't looked, but my main beef with legendaries were that you needed to grind dungeons, and dungeons require unlocks (until you've done the "story mode", you can't do anything), for which I never managed to get a group. But back then, it was only weapons... Legendary armor is new to me...

Sneaky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can't you get pretty much everything needed from dungeons also from the Reward tracks in PvP/WvW, once you unlocked the dungeon by playing the story once?

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I haven't looked, but my main beef with legendaries were that you needed to grind dungeons, and dungeons require unlocks (until you've done the "story mode", you can't do anything), for which I never managed to get a group. But back then, it was only weapons... Legendary armor is new to me...

Each game mode (PvE, PvP and WvW) has it's own legendary armor. Different skins, same stats.

WvW legendary armor only requires that you play WvW (a lot) and a bunch of mats that can be bought / crafted or picked up from WvW tracks. No need to raid or do dungeons.

PvE legendary requires raiding, etc., while PvP legendary armor requires playing ranked matches. Plus all of the other mats that are typical for legendaries.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Make sure you're buying the Divine Lucky Envelopes (16 a day per account for 1g each) and resell them on the TP. All 16 will get you a little over 4g profit.
Shit I wish I'd known this sooner, thanks for the tip!

Yesterday ended up being 6+ gold, so was even better.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I wonder how that will impact GW2, I love going back to this game once or twice a year.

ArenaNet plans for mass layoffs
NCSoft has always been nasty, just like Activision. I'm kinda surprised since GW has such a big cash shop, would have figured the profits from that would shield them a bit more. No clue how profitable it actually is to be honest. At least they aren't shutting shit down, like they did with City of Heroes. Fuck them for that, was the best casual game ever.

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder how that will impact GW2, I love going back to this game once or twice a year.

ArenaNet plans for mass layoffs

It isn't good. But GW2 is one of the few decent AAA mmos around and is still popular, unlike Wildstar. So they won't be closing shop. But expect a lot more store options and less content.

Like Cynical said, NCSoft doesn't have time for underperformers and is ruthless about it. I suspect that the incredible profits they are making on Lineage Mobile has a lot to do with this. The bean counters are asking "Why do we even bother with PC?".

We might be experiencing the end of the golden age of gaming. Playing on a phone is like playing on the old 14" monitors of ages ago, ugg. But that seems to be where we are heading. Sucks.

Last edited:

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Last Quarter for NCSOFT. Mobile is KILLING it. (edit: had this mislabeled as ANET).

yVyQ832.jpg

Last edited:

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
GW1 is still running and they have no plans on ditching it, so GW2 might survive for quite some time (on life support mind you) provided the server costs aren't too large. I'm thinking that the live story will be ditched with maybe 1-2 more expansions done, as that has usually been what really keeps it going.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
All rumors and speculation at this point, but some of the shit being thrown around by some disgruntled ex employees claim leadership has been non existent for a long time and ANet has been bleeding talent and money from GW2 to other projects for years while the vast majority of those other projects never amounted to anything. Maybe now that they were put on notice they can get their act together and focus directly on GW2 and do...something. It's also not really surprising considering it's going on 4 years since the release of HoT and we still haven't received all of the 2.0 Legendary Weapons that were one of the selling points for that expansion and that's with all of the "story and quest" parts associated with those weapons outside of the original 3 being completely cut.

Either way it doesn't bother me that much. I log in once every 3-4 months for the new episode that has about 2-3 story instances consisting of maybe 1 hour of total playtime that's often accompanied by a random (although sometimes pretty) zone that really doesn't serve any purpose at all and often only takes 2 days tops to 100% for achievements. There's no reason at all for me to log into this game daily or even weekly.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It isn't good. But GW2 is one of the few decent AAA mmos around and is still popular, unlike Wildstar. So they won't be closing shop. But expect a lot more store options and less content.

Like Cynical said, NCSoft doesn't have time for underperformers and is ruthless about it. I suspect that the incredible profits they are making on Lineage Mobile has a lot to do with this. The bean counters are asking "Why do we even bother with PC?".

We might be experiencing the end of the golden age of gaming. Playing on a phone is like playing on the old 14" monitors of ages ago, ugg. But that seems to be where we are heading. Sucks.

NCSOFT hasn't been their publisher for some time now, they self-published kind of like Bungie is doing now.

EDIT: Maybe I'm wrong, I thought they left NCSOFT? Am I thinking of something else.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
It's stated that there's been delays on various projects. Anet said they're going from living story 4 straight into 5, which really should have been the time for the next expansion, so it's possible the expansion is one of those delayed projects. Much in the same way legendary weapons 2.0 were all delayed, and still being released one by one 4 years after the expansion it was suppose to come from. I've always suspected there was a lot of mismanagement in that company for a long time, especially hearing they had maps laying around not completed and probably never to be implemented, they had 15 unused pvp maps at one point.

For a long time they've only focused on selling skins to the whales in the pve side of the game, while letting the rest of the game go to waste. Dungeons were abandoned from day one, wvw had massive potential but ignored for years until it tanked in HoT and they had to actually pay attention to get players back in there, then went back to ignoring it again until they needed to shove mounts in to get some cash, gee wonder why that isn't well received by the wvw community at this point.

Their communication and marketing departments are terrible, wouldn't be surprised if it was one person running both.
Stream for this week's big announcement is now delayed without notice, or maybe they forgot about it just like they usually do for anything wvw in the name.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users