Guild Wars 2

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
NCSOFT hasn't been their publisher for some time now, they self-published kind of like Bungie is doing now.

EDIT: Maybe I'm wrong, I thought they left NCSOFT? Am I thinking of something else.

Anet is a subsidiary of Ncsoft. I fixed the label in the previous post.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Somebody hire whoever handled the mounts in guildwars 2.

Also, in before that one cunt blames it on her being fired last year.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No reason not to. There's a load of shit to do and it's not like you're throwing money away on subscription fees or anything.

Aye, GW2 isn't going away. It still makes a bunch of money for Ncsoft and is one of the big 4 in terms of popularity (with FFXIV, ESO and WoW). They just were not making enough dollars to justify the 400 plus employees they had.

Apparently most of the layoffs were for unannounced projects (unrelated to GW2) that have been canceled. Curious what those were.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Writing has been on the wall here.
They designed GW2 with esports in mind and flopped miserably.
They were able to scrape together a decent MTX market with the PvE end, but their primary focus during alpha/beta was esports.

I was in the F&F alpha/beta and got a lot of this forum into it as well, and within 2weeks it seemed like 90% dropped out.
Don't get me wrong, the game has its charm and has been working, but it's not the successor to GW1 that everyone had hoped for.

Once the esports angle flopped, WvW was the last hope (other than PVE), and while "ok", even WvW didn't turn out to be that amazing (imo).

All of my GW1 friends (PvP guild) bailed on this game instantly pretty much. I stopped playing maybe 2 years ago. Only the PvE seems relevant at all.

I really would like to see a GW3 or spin off that had actual GvG and Heroe's Ascent successors. Those 2 PvP modes were baller.
No other game has really copied it.

They were banking on Capture Point PvP being super-amazing for some reason.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When GW2 launched they had 270 employees. That's about where they are now after the layoffs.

It sounds like NCsoft wants them to focus on GW2 and not the "unannounced projects". So all these pronouncements of doom and gloom are a bit premature. It does suck for the people let go though.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
When GW2 launched they had 270 employees. That's about where they are now after the layoffs.

It sounds like NCsoft wants them to focus on GW2 and not the "unannounced projects". So all these pronouncements of doom and gloom are a bit premature. It does suck for the people let go though.
Its only Doom & Gloom if you liked GW for the PvP. Which has flopped miserably.
The PvE game is perfectly fine and good, though graphically it's starting to show its age.
Looking at that graphic, I'm surprised Aion is still around tbh.
I guess it's a hit in the East? Although it rakes in 15-20M less than what GW2 does in a year... so yea, GW2 isn't going anywhere if Aion is still chugging.
I'm guessing 4Q 2017 was the GW2 expansion?
I still wish they'd have implemented a new HA and/or GVG, but eh, whatever...

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok, the Warclaw is fucking fun. Totally changes the game. Had a blast last night, is spite of the 70 man queues in T1.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
LW4 Finale in May.

Apparently they were giving away all the LW4 episodes for free the past month? Had no idea, even logged in and got credit for 1 a couple weeks ago, but still missing the first 2. I always miss that damn super adventure event too, seems to be a popular event, maybe next year.

Got the Etherbound Back+Glider combo out of a lootbox yesterday, back piece sucks, but the glider looks cool and has 2 dye slots. My Tyreal cosplay is nearly complete lol:
ss1.jpg

• 2Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist

I'm so casual I still haven't finished PoF, or even gotten a griffon yet lol.

I gotta give ArenaNet mucho credit here, they always appear to be busting ass to produce somewhat steady content.

I did a full explore of the ruins in Desert Highlands, and opened up all the locked doors and completed the collections for it last night. While it was really annoying fighting respawn after respawn, it was pretty damn fun giant puzzle in the end though. I'm glad I can't resist jumping down bottomless pits, seeing that was the payoff in the end.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Really liking the changes to Necro/Reaper, especially Soul Eater.

Not even running with minions anymore, just the Elite pet for the bar break. Just running a thrown together build for now 1-2-1 Spite, 1-1-2 Soul Reaping, 2-1-3 Reaper, with Axe/WH and GS. My tankiness seems relatively the same, but my damage is way up. PvE of course. Honestly it's nice to be free of minions, especially as they keep poofing on me all the time lately.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Haven't gotten anything special yet from world boss event yet, unrelated I did finally get my bloody spoon from Tequatl though, not sure if its always shit luck for it, or just me.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Last episode of Living World Season 4 is up.

Free for a week or so if you log in. It has the new mount - Skyscale.

• 2Like

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
New Episode any good? Any reason to jump in immediately to take advantage of anything before the episodic population die down?

For whatever reason I'm just not feeling this one.

Sneaky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm having fun in the new zone. There are events eveywhere you go and of course there is the new mount to do collections for (naturally).

Doing the Meta-event later may be a bit more difficult, as it requires at least some coordination between preferably 3 groups during the last step, so if it ends up being not as efficient as e.g. silverwastes you may miss out on that, as people moved on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's been several years since I last played GW2, before the expansion (Heart of Thorns maybe?) that added gliding or flying or whatever. I loved the 1-80 game and some of the world raid events but feel like it might be overwhelming to try again at this point. How many expansions would I need to even buy to get caught up to today's content?