Guild Wars 2

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Hopefully the infusion is nice but subtle because I can't take anymore sparkly bullshit flying around everywhere that everyone seems to have.

Got mine. It's not too bad. It's a flowing effect above the character and a bit of sparkling around the body (the white glowing is from something else)

gw002.jpg

Also does some fireworks that form the GW2 logo when you draw/sheathe your weapon

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
That's definitely subtle, thanks for showing! I think it kinda looks nice. Rushed to log in after your pic to get mine and the fucking glow from aurora kinda overpowers it on me. Wish I could turn off particles that I don't want :(

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It's crazy that this is still running on DirectX 9. Performance is utter dogshit no matter what you have for a system.

Someone created a DX12 wrapper for the game and it's quite the improvement, though it has some annoying bugs in some cases.

Malkav

French Madman
d912pxy does wonders for stuttering yeah, game is way more smooth with it.
Just need a while to compile shaders first time it loads a texture, so you get a lot of pop-in at first.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Thinking about playing this super casually with my dad. I last played about 5 months after the game came out and had a max-level elementalist with whatever the basic gear was. I basically want to just see all the content I missed, including a bunch of low-level stuff. I want to keep the same character I have, but I'm not looking to get bored 1shotting everything.

I know GW2 has a deleveling mechanic for high-levels in low-level areas. Should I just level a new character or is the deleveling mechanic enough to make it interesting to be a level 80 character in a level 20 (or whatever) area?

Sevens

Log Wizard
Thinking about playing this super casually with my dad. I last played about 5 months after the game came out and had a max-level elementalist with whatever the basic gear was. I basically want to just see all the content I missed, including a bunch of low-level stuff. I want to keep the same character I have, but I'm not looking to get bored 1shotting everything.

I know GW2 has a deleveling mechanic for high-levels in low-level areas. Should I just level a new character or is the deleveling mechanic enough to make it interesting to be a level 80 character in a level 20 (or whatever) area?
You will be stronger deleveled but not to the point of waffle stomping everything...It is still quite a challenge even at 80 with exotic gear

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
No point in starting over unless you want to play a different class. You'll be stronger than a fresh character just from traits and gear bonuses the aren't garbage, but it won't be all that much easier as core tyria mobs are easy regardless, and you'll definitely want the extra strength when you move onto expansion stuff which can fuck you up if you're careless.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Cool. On a scale of 1-10 how fun / powerful is an elementalist these days? I loved the class before, one of my all-time favorite casting classes in an MMO.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I don't play the class, but the PoF elite spec for Ele (Weaver) looks pretty interesting. It lets you dual-wield elements and opens a skill based on whatever combo you go with.

Just returning myself so I'm not sure how class balance stands, but I'd be surprised if they weren't in the current meta as they pretty much were always in demand.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I wasn't the biggest fan of the Cantha stuff in GW1, so I'm not all too hyped for End of Dragons. I hope they at least come up with another fun gameplay mechanic in the vein of gliding/mounts

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Cool. On a scale of 1-10 how fun / powerful is an elementalist these days? I loved the class before, one of my all-time favorite casting classes in an MMO.

Tempest 7 out of 10 in power.
Weaver 10 out of 10.
Staff Ele is basically dead across all subclasses

Ele has been nerfed to shit and beyond compared to what it once was. Core Ele is shit so you'll want to change into Tempest (HoT expansion Ele) or Weaver (PoF expansion Ele).

Tempest (unlocks Warhorn) is basically similar to Core Ele with slightly better abilities but we get 4 new abilities (F1-F4 keys, one per element) called Overload, which basically channels a new element related ability with the downside of "locking" you out of that element for a few seconds and putting that element on longer CD once you switch out of it. Full support Heal/Aura Tempest is actually decent and can keep up most squads in most Raids and Strikes but most groups outside of fractals tend to prefer Druids, Necros, or Guardians for healing. Fresh Air tempest is what I run damage wise but even played flawlessly I don't top the DPS meters.

Weaver (unlocks Sword) is the meta Ele currently (with sword) and definitely has the most or second most complex rotation in game and centers around constantly rotating elements, and you duel wield elements. Definitely tough to master but you'll top the dps charts when you do.

Doesn't matter what Ele you play we still have the lowest HP and defense by far out of all the classes and sub classes and a single mistake will often down you in Raids, Strikes, and higher level Fractals. For this reason we're actually kinda rare to see as most Eles have swapped over to Warriors/Guardians/Revs as they can basically put out similar dps to Eles but with 10X the survivability and with far simpler rotations.

Both are really fun to play and Tempest and Weaver play differently from each other. For open world PvE, World bosses/Meta events and most fractals you shouldn't have any issues surviving.

Last edited:

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I'm no elementalist expert, but I did level one to 80 and went Tempest following this guide:

LOT of fun blowing stuff up.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Expansions bring Elite Specializations which naturally shake things up. All but two of the recommended fractal builds on that list are PoF Elite specs, and the other two are HoT elites.

HoT came out within the year of its announcement, and PoF came out within a couple months. They've only shown a teaser so far but it was pretty much known that they were working on this expansion since at least 5-6 months ago. Hard to know WTF is going on with all the layoffs and cancelled projects that happened.

Edit: people on reddit saying they said 2021 at the end of the twitch stream

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
Expansions bring Elite Specializations which naturally shake things up. All but two of the recommended fractal builds on that list are PoF Elite specs, and the other two are HoT elites.

HoT came out within the year of its announcement, and PoF came out within a couple months. They've only shown a teaser so far but it was pretty much known that they were working on this expansion since at least 5-6 months ago. Hard to know WTF is going on with all the layoffs and cancelled projects that happened.

Edit: people on reddit saying they said 2021 at the end of the twitch stream
Yeah, Oct 2021

• 1Like