Guild Wars 2

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How are they nothing alike? They literally are the same thing. A higher rated dungeon that gets harder the higher + you go.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Fractals are bite-sized dungeons specifically designed for the system, with a finite amount of difficulty tiers, require a specific unique stat and armour rarity to progress through the tiers.

Mythic dungeons are repurposed basic dungeons, with a soft-infinite amount of difficulty tiers, a focus on speedruns, and require a specific tiered key to access.

The only thing that Fractals added after their release that might have come from mythics was the fractal instabilities which could have been aped from mythic affixes, but that's hardly a new mechanic in gaming so even that's iffy.

And again: Fractals came 4 years before mythics, so if anyone is copying anyone then it's mythics that are a ripoff.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Installing now. Paid $15 for the expansions or whatever thanks to the Honey browser extension. I feel like I'm ripping off ArenaNet so I'll probably probably buy some bullshit from them.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hope gw2 in their next expansion upgrade to at least dx11 it is pretty unoptimized compared to ff14 or wow now.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The game has always been pretty smooth for me except when there are a bajillion players in an event.
The average FPS is often pretty fine, but it has severe spikes in many situations that makes for a stuttery mess. One prime example is being anywhere near the The city of Amnoon and just turning your camera around. The frametiming bounces around between your max all the way down to 26ms.

DX9 is just damn old, unable to utilize modern components, and doesn't handle draw calls at all which is why players and quick changes (like camera movement) tank fps. It was already a decade old when GW2 was released.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Installing now. Paid $15 for the expansions or whatever thanks to the Honey browser extension. I feel like I'm ripping off ArenaNet so I'll probably probably buy some bullshit from them.
I'd suggest one of the quality of life things you can buy, like a copper fed salvage device (and a shared inventory slot if you plan on alts) or some bank storage. The living season packs are good value if you are interested in story stuff or the rewards they unlock.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Damn this is stupid design, doing a story mission that requires 10 people, and noone else doing it...I was alone in an instance.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Judging by some googling, it seems like hitting up the LFG tool might be the best option. The wiki is a bit confusing on the public mode part of them, and it almost sounds like it's only available for the latest one or something.

Yeah, I saw that. You get 2 options when you are given a strike mission. Public or Squad, I selected Public since I didn’t have a group...but apparently no plays that mode, so I ended up with a few people who left before the end. I’ll give it a shot tomorrow with LFG, hopefully that works better since it’s part of the story so it’s needed to advance.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
The story mission strike can be easily solo'd and scales down to one player.

Edit: I assume we're talking about Forging Steel, as that's the only story instance that takes place in a strike mission. Just select "Squad" and continue to solo it. If you do public and others join and leave it'll scale up and remain scaled.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Couple extremely useful links for people returning

gw2efficiency

Hook your API to that (ArenaNet) and you'll find a ridiculous amount of useful tools and easily accessible account info

Easy to view event timers

Site to help speed up the main daily

Really useful program to help keep track of where your mouse cursor is as the game has a shitload of visual noise. Also works for other programs/windows.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I've returned to quite a few games after years of not playing and GW2 is no different. You load in and there is all this bullshit you kinda remember, and a lot more bullshit you don't.

7664cd55cb5b05e95b9b2fb321e60927.gif

Game still looks beautiful though, and the controls feel good. I can't believe how broke I left my character. Then again I probably gave all my $$$ to my friends when I quit.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I've returned to quite a few games after years of not playing and GW2 is no different. You load in and there is all this bullshit you kinda remember, and a lot more bullshit you don't.

7664cd55cb5b05e95b9b2fb321e60927.gif

Game still looks beautiful though, and the controls feel good. I can't believe how broke I left my character. Then again I probably gave all my $$$ to my friends when I quit.
There's a chance you have some shit in your material storage worth some coin. That gw2efficiency site I linked will tell you exactly what and how much if you hook up your api.