Guild Wars 2

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
April 27th final chapter in IBS and possibly the last "major" content drop until expansion release, although it's rumored there might be one more to transition into End of Dragons.

The DRM's have been incredibly disappointing and this expansion will probably be the jumping the shark moment for most.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
I know most people have checked out of GW2, but they dropped a ton of information today and their path forward / transition into EoD expansion.

Path Forward 2021

Patch Notes

The three biggest things imo are:

May 25th - Every Living World Episode is going to be released chronologically for one week. This is an insane amount of content that can be unlocked for free if you missed it previously and they are adding new achievements to get vet players to repopulate the maps. The new achievements will eventually lead to the unlocking of a legendary amulet.

July 13th - Legendary Armory is coming

3.0 Legendaries confirmed for EoD expansion

They're also bringing back the 1.0 marionette fight for those who missed it and want to experience it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bytes

Molten Core Raider
It was handled like dogshit and the devs working on it now are just not competent. There is nothing underappreciated here.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
While I know many of the hardcore PvP types are still salty over GW2 (not saying without cause) It's still a pretty content rich game, and beyond game & expansions, no monthly fees, it's so easy to pickup and drop whenever you want. While it doesn't actually compare to ye olde City of X, it's similar to me that I can pick it up once or twice a year, and still have fun with it ( and heaps of frustration) It's basically a giant collection system MMO, I dunno, that's what I get my casual enjoyment from, ticking off all those thousands of little achieves, which actually provide usefulish rewards in the longrun.

You could take away the RL money aspect of the store, and the entire thing could still work if they left the gems conversion in, I think that's a really unique thing, and wish all games would adopt this idea, if they going to have a store/lootbox system. I realize GW2 isn't the only one to do a similar system, but they do it best IMO.

There's plenty I could bitch about too, but I've come back to play this far more often than any other MMO the past several years.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just downloaded this after 4 years or so away. Made a new character to get familiar with the game again. It was alright. I logged off after a few hours and didn’t get the feeling of wanting to play more. Visuals are starting to look dated too. But for it being a sub free game it’s not bad. Was cool to at least see a ton of people in the exp zones.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
GW2 has been a lot of fun until i made the mistake of working toward a legendary (aurora). Boy i sure love draconis mons!!! One more cycle before i join forces with primordius to burn the entire shithole into the ocean.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Heh Aurora, every time I manage to force myself to start that damn collection again I quit it again in 30 mins. But I guess it's not as bad as skyscale which officially has the worse set of collections in the entire game, took me a year to finish it, because I got so frustrated in the middle of it I quit pve for a year before I bothered to go finish it.

After the legendary armory news drop I decided I probably should work on legendary trinkets, but nope fuck that, probably just work on the armor in wvw, which is another time gated currency to deal with... Also fyi if you reforged any of the wvw ascended gear stats already, you can't use them in the legendary upgrade recipes, because apparently they're a different item after.... so yeah have to rebuy those pieces to sac it when you go to upgrade...

Foundation of the game is solid, it's just the devs are totally clueless, or the management really, well the marketing team too, not to mention the balance team... and their next balance fuckup pass next week which is going to nerf torment in pvp in order to buff it in pve for raids, or the clueless devs nerfing mirage dodge down to one dodge in wvw a year ago but coming up with a buff to their ambush skill which procs from mirage mirror which they can get from the dodge, because apparently they want to turn them into a support class even though they already have that with chronomancer support...

If this game didn't have wvw I wouldn't have played it past the first couple months after release, it's such a shame the way it's been left to rot for so long. But yeah... if you love pve, this game is pretty good for it, tons of events to do every hour, raids, fractals, living story, zone meta events, world bosses, new masteries. The store isn't bad either as you can get gems with gold or real money, so you never really need to drop a dime on the game unless you're getting the expansions.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I enjoy the hell out of the game, but I have zero interest in PVP, WvW, or even raids. For whatever reason I get endless entertainment out of trying out different profession + builds and just running around killing shit. I think GW2's gameplay is second to none. The combat mechanics, to me at least, are very deep and nuanced. I can't think of any other MMO on the market that's superior in that regard.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I enjoy the hell out of the game, but I have zero interest in PVP, WvW, or even raids. For whatever reason I get endless entertainment out of trying out different profession + builds and just running around killing shit. I think GW2's gameplay is second to none. The combat mechanics, to me at least, are very deep and nuanced. I can't think of any other MMO on the market that's superior in that regard.
I really do love the gameplay of my fire weaver. Such a fluid rotation, dodge rolling like a madman, so much survivability if your timing is right.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Never played GW2 but you shoud try black Desert if you have not. More action oriented combat with tons of depth and combos and shit like that that is also very fluid. I know its a asian mmo but honestly itw wortha play through or two just to experience the combat.

• 2Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Never played GW2 but you shoud try black Desert if you have not. More action oriented combat with tons of depth and combos and shit like that that is also very fluid. I know its a asian mmo but honestly itw wortha play through or two just to experience the combat.
I have and it sucks.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
BDO is great (played it at release) but the asian treadmill is antithetical to guild wars' philosophy of being max level and combat ready very quickly.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I really do love the gameplay of my fire weaver. Such a fluid rotation, dodge rolling like a madman, so much survivability if your timing is right.

Elementalist in general was just such a well-designed class. I played dagger/dagger almost exclusively but it was neat to be able to quickly equip a staff and turn into a strategic artillery piece in WvW, with 20 fantastic new abilities at your disposal.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
+1

Atleast the mobs in GW2 will jam your butthole in the expansion. BDO had no challenge to the combat, such cool combat with no challenging mobs to attack made it get boring as fuck.
I love testing if I can take out those champion bandits, risen broodmother at Malcor's Leap, and HoT hero points to name a few. Super fun.

BDO's combat was mega flashy but felt empty.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Just to note, the free living story chapters start today, first two chapters from season 2. You can work on the meta achievements which will eventually reward an ascended weapon, the precursor choice for gen 3 legendaries, a 32 slot bag, and finally a legendary amulet. The first set of achievements were easy, do the two chapters, mine 50 each of ores lumber plants, collect 10 buried chest in two areas in dry top, do 10 events, real easy stuff.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just to note, the free living story chapters start today, first two chapters from season 2. You can work on the meta achievements which will eventually reward an ascended weapon, the precursor choice for gen 3 legendaries, a 32 slot bag, and finally a legendary amulet. The first set of achievements were easy, do the two chapters, mine 50 each of ores lumber plants, collect 10 buried chest in two areas in dry top, do 10 events, real easy stuff.
hmm
After completing the new meta-achievement for all three playable Living World seasons and The Icebrood Saga, you’ll receive a legendary amulet as a powerful reminder of your role in shaping Tyria’s destiny.

The new achievements and their rewards will be available permanently, so you can always complete them even if you miss the spotlight weeks.
Why do I get the feeling that the meta achievement for the 3 living world seasons will be ez, then the last one for the Icebrood Saga will include "ok give us a Mystic tribute, a bunch of WvW/pvp/fractal bullshit, a few hundred gold of whatever and also farm the living world shit forever"

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
hmm

Why do I get the feeling that the meta achievement for the 3 living world seasons will be ez, then the last one for the Icebrood Saga will include "ok give us a Mystic tribute, a bunch of WvW/pvp/fractal bullshit, a few hundred gold of whatever and also farm the living world shit forever"
That's why I just go with the ascended gear. Same stats, much easier to get.

• 1Solidarity