Guild Wars 2

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
hmm

Why do I get the feeling that the meta achievement for the 3 living world seasons will be ez, then the last one for the Icebrood Saga will include "ok give us a Mystic tribute, a bunch of WvW/pvp/fractal bullshit, a few hundred gold of whatever and also farm the living world shit forever"

Yeah I have no doubt that last part will be costly. Even giving out the precursor for gen 3 seems cheap on their part, so I expect it will all be made up on the last step of the meta.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Expansion delayed 2-3 months from Late 2021 to Early 2022, but:

Colin Johanson is returning to co-lead ANet/Gw2

WvW Alliances/Restructuring coming this year (More released on this in Aug)
- “New leadership team views WvW as a cornerstone of the game going forward”

DX11 Upgrade/Beta hopefully this year which will allow cpu multithreading. They say the Dx11 upgrade won’t be a magical fix for frames and that many won’t notice an improvement at all, but that it paves the way for potential graphics upgrades down the road.

Claims the investment in infrastructure is the beginning of a long term investment.

July 27th first End of Dragons livestream

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We all love more, even when we cry about how unfair life is.

WvW Alliances/Restructuring coming this year (More released on this in Aug)
- “New leadership team views WvW as a cornerstone of the game going forward”

Fucking finally. Praise Jesus.

I've been waiting so long for WvW alliances that I gave up. They really dropped the ball on this. Fucking retards.

Last edited:

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Not exactly thrilled by this news. Colin probably came back because he was part of that failed team for Crucible at amazon games. Before that in gw2 he failed wvw by delaying it's development, which Mike sorted out after he left for amazon. Josh is also back and I believe he was the one that worked on the buggy golem rush week in wvw, which they swept under the rug without a word after it was done.

Alliance system, we'll see how that goes, they've treated wvw community pretty badly, it's been 3.5 years since they had announced alliances, with no actual news on it for like 3 years. Cornerstone.. yeah sure... wvw is going to need more updating to it, it's game play has gotten stale with no real reasons to win anymore. The class and combat meta is ultra boring at this point, new specs are really needed, even if they screw up the balance once again. Maybe they can finally bring back tournaments after alliance is implemented.

The delay of the expansion is disappointing, but expected given the past year.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wow they are just now adding alliances? That was in basically from the start in GW1. I really like a lot of what GW2 did but WvW was so underwhelming and the lack of raid mobs made it hard for me to keep myself playing.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Coming back to this game in 2021 is wild. I mean its all familiar but it isn't.

I came back about a week from playing around the 2012 release and purchasing the physical CE, it was my last physical CE purchase actually because unfortunately a decade on I'm still in the same house and have more children so I just don't have anywhere to put shit.

Anyway. I'm slowly starting to get a handle on things. After a week or so I went ahead and grabbed the PoF (plus HoF) expansions, got my raptor mount and grinded out, not gonna lie it sucked, the glider on a character I don't intend to level anytime soon. Hur hur leveling GW2. Anyway you know what I mean, I don't mean to uh mastery it anytime soon.

Here's my plans bros. Return to my level 40 engineer who I got to 13 before using the insane amount of boosters I had sitting around since 2012 lol. I have tons more I could go 40, 60, 80, whatever. That said I want to just be mad casual which I am anyway. So I have stocked up on all the rare goodness I could afford on my engineer (who seems like a bard, just like it was at release!) I'm fully equipped and on my way and still playing after 2 weeks which shocks me. Anyway... I've got a raptor mount and a glider and I'm coming at it shit in full rare gear from 40 on with my engineer.

Tips, tricks, shitty you tube video? Reply here. After years of casually playing WOW and FFXIV returning to this for the first time since 2012 is quite frankly refreshing. We really suffer as MMO fans for fucks sake. I feel like I took this game for granted when it launched and now it feels like the new hotness I've been sleeping on.

Anyway here I am a level 40 engineer with a raptor and gliding (did I mention it sucked getting that on a character I didn't care about?) Looking for advice.

TLDR; Guild Wars 2 has BOTW gliding and mounts for specific tasks like jumping, gliding, riding around and other cool shit I don't understand.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Coming back to this game in 2021 is wild. I mean its all familiar but it isn't.

I came back about a week from playing around the 2012 release and purchasing the physical CE, it was my last physical CE purchase actually because unfortunately a decade on I'm still in the same house and have more children so I just don't have anywhere to put shit.

Anyway. I'm slowly starting to get a handle on things. After a week or so I went ahead and grabbed the PoF (plus HoF) expansions, got my raptor mount and grinded out, not gonna lie it sucked, the glider on a character I don't intend to level anytime soon. Hur hur leveling GW2. Anyway you know what I mean, I don't mean to uh mastery it anytime soon.

Here's my plans bros. Return to my level 40 engineer who I got to 13 before using the insane amount of boosters I had sitting around since 2012 lol. I have tons more I could go 40, 60, 80, whatever. That said I want to just be mad casual which I am anyway. So I have stocked up on all the rare goodness I could afford on my engineer (who seems like a bard, just like it was at release!) I'm fully equipped and on my way and still playing after 2 weeks which shocks me. Anyway... I've got a raptor mount and a glider and I'm coming at it shit in full rare gear from 40 on with my engineer.

Tips, tricks, shitty you tube video? Reply here. After years of casually playing WOW and FFXIV returning to this for the first time since 2012 is quite frankly refreshing. We really suffer as MMO fans for fucks sake. I feel like I took this game for granted when it launched and now it feels like the new hotness I've been sleeping on.

Anyway here I am a level 40 engineer with a raptor and gliding (did I mention it sucked getting that on a character I didn't care about?) Looking for advice.

TLDR; Guild Wars 2 has BOTW gliding and mounts for specific tasks like jumping, gliding, riding around and other cool shit I don't understand.

Just play the game and do the story. Masteries are easy and are based off the color of the mastery points you find in the world + xp from leveling. So select which one you want and start playing. GW2 best feature to me is how rewarding exploration is and NPC dialogue.

Green masteries are in HoT
Red masteries are in PoF

Many areas in PoF are inaccessible without the correct mount, which you progress through naturally as you play the game and follow the story. Don't blow your masteries early on with fluff items, focus on the mounts until you have T2+ on each one, with T2 for each mount taking priority before going higher. Some mounts may need T3 mastery level for certain abilities to get to new areas, you'll just have to use your best judgement.

Prepare your anus for HoT if you run a pure glass cannon build, the NPCs do not fuck around and there are many tight corridors where it's difficult to dodge every knock down and they will 1 or 2 shot you.

With that being said, just enjoy the game, it's one of my favorite leveling experiences in the genre. I just didn't really care for the personal story in vanilla.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>

Once you hit 80 and get your elite spec, look into the Flamethrower Scrapper build:

Scrapper - Flamethrower Scrapper - MetaBattle Guild Wars 2 Builds

This is what I ran for open world/story. Although I went with Shredder and Bulwark Gyro skills. Learn to swap between the flamethrower and hammer otherwise your DPS output will kind of suck. But you will be tough as nails and can solo a good many champions and HoT hero points.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Reminder for anyone interested that they're going to be doing the big expansion unveil tomorrow at 9 am Pacific.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Simultaneously disappointed and relieved Legendary 3.0 Weps are all the same boring theme. Disappointed in that its 28ish less options to choose from and relieved in that now I know I won’t bother with them. My first impression with 2 person mounts and fishing boats is that they are both completely useless and pointless, but whatever.

Liking the look of the new Guild Hall so far though.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Nothing new or fancy to the genre really, but then again we didn't really get a deep dive into content, although they mentioned they wanted people to keep revisiting zones so that means more meta events I'm sure. I'm sure they'll put in a bunch of stuff to do with two person mounts like mini games and such, maybe they'll even try to stick it in wvw.

Only one elite spec was shown, virtuoso for mesmers, and it was.... ok I guess... but left everyone kinda split on it. On one hand it might be more of a aoe damage spec, on the other hand it's projectiles, not much ground target aoe so it's essentially dead in wvw zergs before getting there with all the blocks and reflects in zergs. But no clones to deal with, essentially looking more like a wow frost mage, build up charges shatter them off.

Guild hall looks alright, with the moat for fishing, arena kinda useless again cause for sure they will use pve combat rules which every gvg guild will facepalm to. Most of my guild has stopped playing so what do I care anyways, I only drop in there to change buffs.

Next preview elite looked like necro with pistol.... another projectile weapon....
Alliance beta may start next month. Hopefully they do beta test weekends with the elites like they did with PoF.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Wasn't any major feature that had the 'wow' factor for me--have to admit, I don't get how fishing has the level of appeal to serve as a back-of-the-box level feature. But still, I'm very much down for some new content.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I just came back after 6-7 years off. I was hardcore WvW with my guild (Os) When I left I had the most WvW kills on NSP with 140K. I did very little PvE. I did map completion a few times for my legendary.(Eternity and Bolt)

I hated the HoT expansion but long story short I'm mind blown by the Path of fire and season 4 story so far. I'm having a blast.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user