Guild Wars 2

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's kept gw2 going who can fault their bet on this design?

Good God did they get a flood of people in from steam, seriously. Lot of ppl who prob full suited paid mtx and will be gone when the fad passes.

I was doing some work stuff watching floods of new chars pop in at the spawn point, step aside and prob get their credit card for mtx.

The PvE end game is zerg bosses with those who survive being rewarded more or something?
I’m tempted to fire it back up to play the base game. I just hate the fucking dialogue. Skipping to max level in this game seems stupid as fuck.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I’m tempted to fire it back up to play the base game. I just hate the fucking dialogue. Skipping to max level in this game seems stupid as fuck.

The PvE I did was low level and could be completely rolled easily by mashing 1 and I didn't care to do 35 lvls of that. Just waited for pals to fight the other 5 stacks.

My numbers are feeling good from my best guess.

unknown-496.png

Could use a coach to chat us up on our comp, some strat. We are relying mostly on hot takes and soft skills (which are admittedly strong enough).

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's kept gw2 going who can fault their bet on this design?

Good God did they get a flood of people in from steam, seriously. Lot of ppl who prob full suited paid mtx and will be gone when the fad passes.

I was doing some work stuff watching floods of new chars pop in at the spawn point, step aside and prob get their credit card for mtx.

The PvE end game is zerg bosses with those who survive being rewarded more or something?
PvE endgame is high level fractals and raids. That's where the pve min/maxers go. I know the PvE legendary armor requires high level raids, not sure what else they provide. I picked up my legendary armor doing WvW.

There are some legendary weapon pieces I need from low level fractals. I like the Astralaria axe skin. But that's only for the generation 2 (Hot) legendary weapons, which can't be bought off the auction house.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
If you're doing old world content - get over that hump. Shits like watching paint dry.
I have no idea if I am or not? I've just been chipping away at the personal journey/story stuff, and also a handful of the open world events that pop up on GW timer (The centuar battle, Maw, Fire Elemental, etc). That's about it.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I have no idea if I am or not? I've just been chipping away at the personal journey/story stuff, and also a handful of the open world events that pop up on GW timer (The centuar battle, Maw, Fire Elemental, etc). That's about it.

The good shit starts at end game, if you have a boost use it. The expansions are much more brutal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
yea boost up, and start playing the game at Heart of Thorns expansion content. Everything prior to that is original game leveling content and personal story which, unless you love lore, you will want to skip and get to HoT.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
The good shit starts at end game, if you have a boost use it. The expansions are much more brutal.
I have a boost, but I was thinking I didn't want to use it unless I hate 80 on one character myself. I should just use it though? I'm casual as fuck, so it's not like i'm worried about going on raids without knowing my class or something.

Hekotat

I have a boost, but I was thinking I didn't want to use it unless I hate 80 on one character myself. I should just use it though? I'm casual as fuck, so it's not like i'm worried about going on raids without knowing my class or something.

I guess it depends on how bored tou are. HoT and PoF are much more enjoyable even with HoT being a huge pain in thr ass for a bit.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I've been playing the game for years and still haven't worked through all the LW stuff. I don't think it's terrible or anything. I just hate doing story shit in any game. For PvE, I just get a kick out of trying out different builds across the various professions, running around solo'ing champions and doing meta events. For whatever reason, I find that endlessly entertaining. I'm completely over the gear grind of WoW. It's become meaningless.

• 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The old world personal story stuff is just dated. Having to constantly stop and go clear hearts and shit, then pick up the personal story for a quest or two and then go do some more hearts etc. to continue the story is just really shitty. Im really surprised that they havent revamped the old world to make leveling quicker. If they steered new characters through the quests to get the glider and the mounts etc. first - then the game would be a lot more enjoyable to newcomers.

• 1Solidarity

ShakyJake

<Donor>
The old world personal story stuff is just dated. Having to constantly stop and go clear hearts and shit, then pick up the personal story for a quest or two and then go do some more hearts etc. to continue the story is just really shitty. Im really surprised that they havent revamped the old world to make leveling quicker. If they steered new characters through the quests to get the glider and the mounts etc. first - then the game would be a lot more enjoyable to newcomers.
You have xp boosts and food that grants bonus xp. Good grief, it definitely isn't a slog. Later, doing dailies and daily login rewards you'll get xp scrolls and tomes. I think I have over 200 tomes of knowledge in the bank. That's two free lvl80 characters if I wanted.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You have xp boosts and food that grants bonus xp. Good grief, it definitely isn't a slog. Later, doing dailies and daily login rewards you'll get xp scrolls and tomes. I think I have over 200 tomes of knowledge in the bank. That's two free lvl80 characters if I wanted.
You may like this game a lot, but... its okay for someone to have a different opinion. Fractals and shit like that are wayyyyy tf more fun than that Personal story shit.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My problem is that I think I'd be more interested in the old world. So much I never saw amazingly and I felt the game was best just wandering around. I didn't care for HOT at first, but it was pretty good later.

Hekotat

This is what makes the old world suck. It's great to explore but it's monotonous and the combat isn't challenging, then you step into HoT and you get your butthole blown out by the first 2 handed hammer NPC you run into.

I hated HoT but when I actually got a survivable build in place and started exploring it was quite fun, especially once you unlocked gliding, updrafts and those mushrooms.

• 1Worf

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
New ele spec is a disappointment to me.
Yeah my plan was to come roll a new class based on the current flavor of the month/year but I just can't get excited about playing anything other than my only character, the elementalist. When I played before the elementalist was one of the least played classes and everyone shat on them but I enjoyed them and felt pretty strong, so I don't know. But the new spec is, well, a disappointment.