Guild Wars 2

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Just catching up on this thread and the only thing I have to add is lol @ the reddit idiots who were outraged over the discord balance leaks from that dev. Back when the layoffs happened one of the guys laid off bragged on reddit over how his most memorable and proudest contribution was “realizing Staff Ele was OP when he stood on the walls of Stonemist Castle in WvW and let rip a fully channeled Meteor Storm on the zerg below and was amazed and horrified over how devistating his damage numbers were, so he nerfed it“.

Anyone surprised there is massive bias and that the “balance” team isn’t pure shit has been willfully blind and ignorant for the past decade. It’s so bad that one of ANets dev’s literally mocked Hammer Ele during the first live stream showcasing of Catalyst by starting off the stream by saying “So they decided to give Elementalist a hammer for some reason…” and the top player who does benchmarking, Roul, has stated that he doesn’t want to publish Ele benchmark videos anymore because ANet just looks at his numbers and nerfs them with zero regard for context such as having unrealistic permanent mass boons and large unmovable hitboxes that don’t hit back to test on.

I’ll take 10 lesbian storyline weddings complete with talking rainbow bad dragon dildos if it means we can have a single competent person behind the helm of this game. When Colin came back I thought he’d start by getting his ducks in a row but I guess I was wrong. The picture of everyone playing Mechanist at Teq posted above is hilarious and should be seen as an insult needing to be addressed by ANet, but if anything they probably see it as a point of pride on how they “got” the new class right.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just looked up a guide to how to play a mechanist and beat a skill capped elementalist dps

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Ocassionally chat delivers, lol.

Gw2-64_KCDu6hg9S7.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just catching up on this thread and the only thing I have to add is lol @ the reddit idiots who were outraged over the discord balance leaks from that dev. Back when the layoffs happened one of the guys laid off bragged on reddit over how his most memorable and proudest contribution was “realizing Staff Ele was OP when he stood on the walls of Stonemist Castle in WvW and let rip a fully channeled Meteor Storm on the zerg below and was amazed and horrified over how devistating his damage numbers were, so he nerfed it“.

Anyone surprised there is massive bias and that the “balance” team isn’t pure shit has been willfully blind and ignorant for the past decade. It’s so bad that one of ANets dev’s literally mocked Hammer Ele during the first live stream showcasing of Catalyst by starting off the stream by saying “So they decided to give Elementalist a hammer for some reason…” and the top player who does benchmarking, Roul, has stated that he doesn’t want to publish Ele benchmark videos anymore because ANet just looks at his numbers and nerfs them with zero regard for context such as having unrealistic permanent mass boons and large unmovable hitboxes that don’t hit back to test on.

I’ll take 10 lesbian storyline weddings complete with talking rainbow bad dragon dildos if it means we can have a single competent person behind the helm of this game. When Colin came back I thought he’d start by getting his ducks in a row but I guess I was wrong. The picture of everyone playing Mechanist at Teq posted above is hilarious and should be seen as an insult needing to be addressed by ANet, but if anything they probably see it as a point of pride on how they “got” the new class right.
Part of me is like, i shouldn't pick the obviously popular class because it'll get nerfed but gw2 balance is shit for years so maybe I'll start Doing dailies until i hate myself and quit before any real balance happens.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Part of me is like, i shouldn't pick the obviously popular class because it'll get nerfed but gw2 balance is shit for years so maybe I'll start Doing dailies until i hate myself and quit before any real balance happens.

Balance in GW2 is just like any other mmo, it's all about fotm. Balance is impossible and a moving target.

If you are just doing open world stuff, it doesn't matter. Every class can face roll open world. It's only in wvw, pvp or high end fractals / raids that fotm makes a difference.

I spent the last 4 months getting legendary armor for my warrior in WvW and it was a brutal experience. Warriors have been fucked for a while. Then the balance dev (plays a guardian) did a stupid and made banners useless. I never used banners anyways, kind of a bad anchor in a pvp setting. But warriors went from very bad to a joke.

Still played my warrior because I wanted to earn the armor while playing the class. And pretty much everyone kicked my ass. After I got the last legendary piece I wanted, switched over to engi mechanist, equiped a rifle and proceeded to faceroll everyone who bitch stomped me before. I don't even know how to play mechanist. I just pressd buttons and watched my robot destroy.

Mechanist will be nerfed eventually and warriors will return to their time in the sun. The cycle repeats over and over.

Last edited:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I love how they put the skyscale achievement shit in the area that is the worst to navigate UNLESS you have a skyscale, pricks.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah,

The Skyscale is a fun mount to have. Once I got it, it was pretty much the only one I used.

• 1Solidarity

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So I'm facerolling my way through Champions.

I think a big problem with the story and the story NPCs is that they're all basically the same character. Super whiny, super serious, all completely dedicated to their current story as if it's the most overwhelming thing they've ever done. The only exceptions are Taimi who seems like the only one having fun and the morose plant dude who doesn't seem to give a shit and expects to just win with dour supremacy.

If all they did was throw in a shitlord voiced by Bill Burr, an arrogant shit talker (Ryland Steelcatcher fits this I guess) and some dumbass Minsc berserker who just LOVED to murder things we'd have some balance to this grim nonsense.

Last edited:

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The people writing these stories by and large hate that character archetype. There’s a whole host of self-insertion going on coupled with living out fantastical fever dreams of fighting some evil supremacy.

• 1Truth!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The people writing these stories by and large hate that character archetype. There’s a whole host of self-insertion going on coupled with living out fantastical fever dreams of fighting some evil supremacy.
It's like they looked at all the characters in the great party based RPGs from Ultima to Baldur's Gate to KotoR and decided to pick the ones I only let in my party when I had to do their quests.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I thought I was saving my points up for when something "good" was unlocked and available to put points in to. Should I just be spending the mastery points as I get them?