Guild Wars 2

bayr_sl

shitlord
Wait, so I can actually see people in PVP now, and it only took them 8 months since launch? This could turn it around for GW2

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
This may be one of the best PvP changes that would actually improve gameplay than I have seen in any other PvP game. Most changes I have seen in PvP games has been primarily a step toward depreciating the game.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Kinda embarrasing that it took them 8 months to remove culling. The whole thing was totally unnecessary.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It was the entire reason I quit the game. I would try to retreat from a shitload of AE only to find myself standing in the middle of 50 enemies, I don't know how you guys dealt with it. Now if they'd make just make the WvW worthwhile.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
As time went on it got exploited badly. Mesmer veil stealthing 40+ and killing everyone before you could even be seen. Great game play.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Yup. Played a thief later on mostly but was on my ele a ton until sfr. I really enjoyed my bunker build. Two best classes in the game for me.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm interested in going back to GW 2 and give it another shot.

Any recommendation on a good class-due combo?
smile.png

smile.png

Brikker

Trump's Staff
It was the entire reason I quit the game. I would try to retreat from a shitload of AE only to find myself standing in the middle of 50 enemies, I don't know how you guys dealt with it. Now if they'd make just make the WvW worthwhile.
^^ yep.

With culling gone, all they need to do is introduce some sort of reward for PVP (GOOD gear rewards, ranking system, etc). I'd definitely come back to my 80 archer guy for that.

Caliane

yeah. was just so stupid.

Fixed they can start building the game, and its reputation now.
But post release that can be so hard.

Personally, time became an issue. I need to sit down and play again, but work, other games, haven't had a chance in while.

Lack of progress on the engineer front didn't help either.

In fact, jumped on the forums and read the most recent patch notes to try and get a handle on where things are before playing.
This vid was linked. 35:30 for engineer. Nerfing kit refinement. Adding cripple to thumper turret overcharge. They have no fucking idea why engineers suck.

Keep listening. Making spatial surge on mesmer GS 3 targets. AND confusing images as well. both will apply the hits to main target, and any target within the beam. rofl. Why in gods name would I ever go back to engi?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
GW2 is pretty much casual MMO extraordinaire, gear is mostly irrelevant unless you are doing high level fractals, if you have full exotic set, you are good to go for everything. I occasionally jump in to do a daily or some dungeons. If they ever introduced gear progression, it would kill the game for me.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
I'm interested in going back to GW 2 and give it another shot.

Any recommendation on a good class-due combo?
smile.png
For PvE or WvW? The PvE balance is completely in the toilet right now, if you want to get things done, get a group with a guardian/mesmer/3 warriors; so you want to pick one of these. Any other class has you working twice as hard for half the payoff. For WvW play whatever, doesn't matter really.

Oh and on the subject of culling, they said they'll introduce this fix for WvW only, and for the PvE side of things maybe at the end of the year. So i'm not quite sure the thing is working as it should.

smile.png

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Culling isn't gone yet, not until the 26th and even so I think the real lack of any improvements to WvWvW in terms of progression is quite telling. I don't know if it's too little too late but we'll see what the next few months bring.